Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Lowberg
Without rambling about being butthurt over the initial prototype pack pics, the changes in delivery date, lack of detailed definite part list information....yada yada..here are my thoughts

For $600 this looks like it will be a good enough kit for someone who wants a basic proton pack, and a lot of it's potential will lie in the builders hands. I could see people building this to look even better than these new photoswith some minor part upgrades.

As far as the booster tube goes, it honestly just looks like the booster tube plug fell out or something (in the WonderCon videos it's pretty prominent). I'm assuming the plug might come separate so the buyer could put it at any height they wanted.

Eager to see when they will actually ship, official part list, and to see the kits in unfinished form.
ccv66 liked this
By Chris Brewin
I'm happy to see the updated pics. It doesn't look half-bad :) I was a bit leery with the earlier prototype pics; I was concerned they could be pics of some other pack that they photoshopped "prototype pictured" onto. It looks like a pretty decent replica, too. I'd be a bit concerned about the thickness of the shell mold and the detail on it. Until I see some customer-built examples I'd still go with a BenofKent kit, seeing as they're about the same price, taking conversion into account.
By Kingpin
If the thickness provides extra strength (and that may well have been a conscious concession made knowing people will want to wear these out and about), then that feels a reasonable trade for lesser accuracy.
deadderek liked this
By ccv66
The mother board is looking a little thick, not sure how much it bothers me or does it $50 dollars bother me. I already have a gbfans mother board, atleast I'll know if the shell will fit before I order a second one. Maybe I'll just be a cheap ass and have one mother board and two shells
By ccv66
I'm pretty sure there was a Q & A saying they were going to have an extending barrel. Maybe they were figuring it was going to be apart of the electronics package. Looked again and the wondercon pack didn't have a lever. They could always have a barrel extension with twisting the barrel, but I'm assuming that its something they just dropped. A little disappointing either way. Any experts know how many of the movie packs didn't come with green levers?
By ccv66
I didn't think the Sony studios pack and a few others had green levers, but I wasn't positive. I also didn't know if they broke off over time or if only hero packs or all semi had them. Definitely something I'd add to the anovos pack

Edit: Thanks Demon Vice Commander, I thought I seen them with out, didn't know if it was just on the heros
By ccv66
It didn't seem like that they had a flight suit or pack on display at comic con. Can anyone confirm this? If so, it can't be good news. Probably kiss getting a pack in the summer quarter good bye
By jettajeffro
Nope, only GB item at SDCC was the name tags, arm patch, and Zener Card set. I was excited about the cards till I saw the size. Their booth was about a quarter of the size it usually is and at the very back row of the exhibitor hall.
By TimsGhost
Well this is it. September. The month Anovos claims they are going to release the proton pack kit. I see lots of posts on their facebook page about Star Wars helmets... but not so much about how finished the proton pack is. I hope they used our IPO money wisely.
By RichardLess
I'm someone who has always wanted a proton pack but I have literally zero know how on how to build one. This is right up my alley. From that picture, it looks a bit small. Is it a 1:1 replica or is it smaller? I'm really tall so anything less than actual movie size would look silly on me(like the rubber looking pack getting released this Halloween). I have all the Matty collector gear and I was holding out hope that they would release a pack someday, obviously that never happened. As a kid I had that Blue plastic Real Ghostbusters proton pack which was awesome(as a kid). But my god how I've waited and waited for an affordable(I.e less than a thousand dollars) pack. Does anyone know if this thing comes painted or is that something we have to do?
By J2Metal
RichardLess wrote:I'm someone who has always wanted a proton pack but I have literally zero know how on how to build one. This is right up my alley. From that picture, it looks a bit small. Is it a 1:1 replica or is it smaller? I'm really tall so anything less than actual movie size would look silly on me(like the rubber looking pack getting released this Halloween). I have all the Matty collector gear and I was holding out hope that they would release a pack someday, obviously that never happened. As a kid I had that Blue plastic Real Ghostbusters proton pack which was awesome(as a kid). But my god how I've waited and waited for an affordable(I.e less than a thousand dollars) pack. Does anyone know if this thing comes painted or is that something we have to do?
They supposedly will have a built option but expect that to cross $1k i would assume. Its a kit that will have to be painted and assembled probably similar to any other kit you can currently buy from any number of builders. The difference is Anovos has a reputation especially in the Star Wars community for sometimes taking years to fill their orders. This proton pack was supposed to ship a year ago and they still don't have a solid ship date. Case in point it currently says "shipping summer 2017" on their site and here it is almost fall. They don't even have pictures of the production model up on the listing (the ones they have now are a prototype that has been up there since they announced it, and does not reflect the final product accurately). Also they don't have an electronics kit, and the most they will say about it is that it will come eventually but they don't know when. I love their stuff and their Star Wars stuff i have seen is top notch, but only order if you are okay with having hundreds of dollars hanging out there with no product in your hands potentially for years to come.
By TK5759
J2Metal wrote: They supposedly will have a built option but expect that to cross $1k i would assume. Its a kit that will have to be painted and assembled probably similar to any other kit you can currently buy from any number of builders. The difference is Anovos has a reputation especially in the Star Wars community for sometimes taking years to fill their orders. This proton pack was supposed to ship a year ago and they still don't have a solid ship date. Case in point it currently says "shipping summer 2017" on their site and here it is almost fall. They don't even have pictures of the production model up on the listing (the ones they have now are a prototype that has been up there since they announced it, and does not reflect the final product accurately). Also they don't have an electronics kit, and the most they will say about it is that it will come eventually but they don't know when. I love their stuff and their Star Wars stuff i have seen is top notch, but only order if you are okay with having hundreds of dollars hanging out there with no product in your hands potentially for years to come.
As a member of that Star Wars community as well as this one, a lot of people are cancelling their orders with Anovos and switching to different vendors. Sure their original trilogy stormtrooper kit was $350 when it first came out but nobody knew when they'd actually be getting it which kinda defeated the whole flipping purpose! Why not spend a little more than that and get a kit from someone who is known to ship within a couple weeks? And thicker armor no less!
Ladies and gentlemen, I believe the Anovos model is going away and I, for one, will not miss it at all. I've been lucky to have only been burned once in the costuming community (nobody here and it was really small $). Every time I hear about another vendor pushing out their dates when there's really no reason to?......well that just pisses me off and makes me feel even more lucky at the same time.
By McNally
In case anyone is still interested, ANOVOS has sent emails out to those of us still holding out hope for a proton pack his Halloween saying that there's no way they can get it out by the 21st. They say they're aiming for the end of the month and are doing all they can to get these out in time for Halloween.

Of course, they did this quietly and made no public announcement on the subject. The product information page still shows a Summer 2017 ship date.

Their announcement also hilariously says that they had "originally anticipated that these would be complete and available at our fulfillment center in time for a Summer delivery," which sort of ignores the fact that they've already blown two previous estimates.

I pre-ordered the ANOVOS kit because I lack the time, tools, and ability to build my own pack from parts. With ANOVOS looking like a lost cause and a fair chunk of money already invested in Halloween 2017, I think I should start working on a backup plan. Any suggestions?
By TK5759
McNally wrote:In case anyone is still interested, ANOVOS has sent emails out to those of us still holding out hope for a proton pack his Halloween saying that there's no way they can get it out by the 21st. They say they're aiming for the end of the month and are doing all they can to get these out in time for Halloween.

Of course, they did this quietly and made no public announcement on the subject. The product information page still shows a Summer 2017 ship date.

Their announcement also hilariously says that they had "originally anticipated that these would be complete and available at our fulfillment center in time for a Summer delivery," which sort of ignores the fact that they've already blown two previous estimates.

I pre-ordered the ANOVOS kit because I lack the time, tools, and ability to build my own pack from parts. With ANOVOS looking like a lost cause and a fair chunk of money already invested in Halloween 2017, I think I should start working on a backup plan. Any suggestions?
I suppose if you're looking for a quick band-aid: https://www.spirithalloween.com/product ... ailIndex=1
By AmazonChitlin
Here's the complete update:
"Latest Update: September 13th, 2017

This item is in the final stages of production with the anticipation that they will complete production by the end of September. While we originally anticipated that these would be complete and available at our fulfillment center in time for a Summer delivery, it has been determined that this is unfortunately not the case. However, our team is working diligently to minimize any further delays and are focused on doing all in their power to deliver this item to customers in time for Halloween. As such, we have updated the shipping estimate to Fall and anticipate to ship during Early Fall 2017."

And in regards to the Alice frame:

"This item has completed production. While we originally anticipated that these would be received by our fulfillment center in time for a Summer delivery, due to unexpected circumstances the shipment from our manufacturer to our fulfillment center encountered a delay. Our team is working diligently to minimize any further delays and are focused on doing all in their power to deliver this item to customers in time for Halloween. As such, we have updated the shipping estimate to Fall and anticipate to ship during Early Fall 2017."
By deadderek
AmazonChitlin wrote:...are focused on doing all in their power to deliver this item to customers in time for Halloween...
Watch it'll ship the day before. :P
ccv66 liked this
By AmazonChitlin
I have so many projects ahead of the pack that waiting isnt a problem, even if they took until next fall.

I was one of the first tier preorders for their OT Stormtrooper armor, and that took forever too. It was a quality product when I eventually did get it though!

The recent shoretrooper fiasco is absolute crap however. I don't blame everyone for being torqued!

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]