Has anyone measured the original wand on the Spirit Halloween pack, especially the gun box? If I order it, the first thing I want to do is replace the electronics, but unfortunately I don't have a Mattycollector wand, so I'll have to fit the switches and LEDs into the smaller gun. For this, I need to know how much room I have to work with.
Doctor Venkman wrote:
That said, I know I had issues with the site before with shipping details. Usually it stemmed from an autofill feature. Try typing in your address each line, never using an autofill from past info, and type in the Zip/Postal Code. After that, it autofills the city and state based on their info. That worked for me.
Yeah, I bit the bullet and made the phone call. While I didn't get an explanation as to what the hech was going one with the shipping address I did manage to place the order. I tried my best to be as nice as possible over the phone because I know anyone who does customer support has to go through a shit ton of Bullshit from customers. Now my pack is on pre order and won't be shipped until at least mid october but I'm planning on using my Home made pack this year anyway. plus I was able to get a discount so the whole thing plus shipping was $133.63 Canadian.
deadderek liked this
Devil Master wrote:Has anyone measured the original wand on the Spirit Halloween pack, especially the gun box? If I order it, the first thing I want to do is replace the electronics, but unfortunately I don't have a Mattycollector wand, so I'll have to fit the switches and LEDs into the smaller gun. For this, I need to know how much room I have to work with.
I don't have a Matty Wand either so I'd like to know this as well. I'd like to make mine into a RGB themed pack if I can come across a Kenner pack thrower (unlikely though).
Devil Master wrote:Has anyone measured the original wand on the Spirit Halloween pack, especially the gun box? If I order it, the first thing I want to do is replace the electronics, but unfortunately I don't have a Mattycollector wand, so I'll have to fit the switches and LEDs into the smaller gun. For this, I need to know how much room I have to work with.
Here you go. Ignore the missing clippard. I used it for my modified pack to extend one of the hoses.
Last edited by houlygan on September 25th, 2017, 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
houlygan wrote:Hey guys. New to the group. I pre-ordered my Spirit Halloween pack and received it at the end of August. I live in Canada so I was quite happy. I love the size and weight. I think it's perfect. I modded my pack with things I had around the house but I did invest in new lighting and ribbon. I also attached the Matty Neutrino Wand using aluminum I found in the garage for the hook. I used the top of an apple cider vinegar container to attach the hose to the wand handle so I can detach any time I want. You can actually put a screw in the audio jack without damaging it. The ion rod is actually brass door hing pin. Just for kicks, I attached a headphone jack to the speaker inside so that I can hook it up to my phone or mp3 player and either play the theme song or proton pack sounds. I will weather it a bit but still debating on painting it since it will mostly be used in the dark. I am now waiting for the ALICE pack which should arrive in a week or so. Anyways, I attached some pics. Feel free to ask any questions.

Houlygan
where did you get the lighting at and how much? that looks fantastic. I've been waiting to see a matty wand attached and it really beefs it up. that with an alice frame will look great! great job man!
Last edited by Kingpin on September 14th, 2017, 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: removed superflous photos
Reppert7 wrote:where did you get the lighting at and how much? that looks fantastic. I've been waiting to see a matty wand attached and it really beefs it up. that with an alice frame will look great! great job man!
Thanks! I purchased them from this store http://www.jupiterstore.com/GhostBuster ... _p_30.html but I may swap them out for the ones from the GBfans shop since the lights can do more effects with the Matty Neutrino Wand adaptor which I plan on buying in the future.
Reppert7 liked this
Thanks! I purchased them from this store http://www.jupiterstore.com/GhostBuster ... _p_30.html but I may swap them out for the ones from the GBfans shop since the lights can do more effects with the Matty Neutrino Wand adaptor which I plan on buying in the future.[/quote]

Yeah I just got the Matty board myself with gb lights... my pack is so bad ass now.... you'll def like that much better... but your pack looks bad ass, awesome job with it.
houlygan liked this
biglarrythree wrote:How did you attach the ribbon cable and ion? Those are the main 2 mods I want to so when my spirit pack comes. Was it easy?
The ribbon was easy. Just had to make the bottom slot wider using the blade of a hacksaw (clean it up with a utility knife) then taped the ribbon to the inside of the pack using tuck tape. The top hole I made bigger with a Dremmel but I'm sure a large drill bit would also work then just stuff your twisted ribbon in and it should hold in place on its own. The ion was a little trickier. I used the pin of a door hinge which has a head like a nail. I filed down 2 sides in an "L" shape so that I can place it up against the furthest corner. I then drilled an oblong hole in the pack with an angle on the one side so that I can pass the hinge pin from inside the pack and slide it out until the head rests on top of the hole. I then used super glue to hold it in place. Hope this helps.
houlygan wrote:
biglarrythree wrote:How did you attach the ribbon cable and ion? Those are the main 2 mods I want to so when my spirit pack comes. Was it easy?
The ribbon was easy. Just had to make the bottom slot wider using the blade of a hacksaw (clean it up with a utility knife) then taped the ribbon to the inside of the pack using tuck tape. The top hole I made bigger with a Dremmel but I'm sure a large drill bit would also work then just stuff your twisted ribbon in and it should hold in place on its own. The ion was a little trickier. I used the pin of a door hinge which has a head like a nail. I filed down 2 sides in an "L" shape so that I can place it up against the furthest corner. I then drilled an oblong hole in the pack with an angle on the one side so that I can pass the hinge pin from inside the pack and slide it out until the head rests on top of the hole. I then used super glue to hold it in place. Hope this helps.
Yes this helps out a ton! So its pretty simple to gut the pack from the backing I assume? Thanks again!
biglarrythree wrote:Yes this helps out a ton! So its pretty simple to gut the pack from the backing I assume? Thanks again!
Yes, there's 5 screws in the back holding a piece of cardboard down and a piece of felt glued on top of that. All I did is cut little slits into the felt on top of each screw. Just feel around for the screws. This way you can easily access the inside of the pack very easily which really comes in handy. I've seen others take the felt completely off but then you'd have to glue it back every time. My way, you see the screws but you have easy access and you don't see the screws when you're wearing it.
For anyone curious about whats in the wand.. it's just the red side led, switch and front led. The red side led has three wires, one to the switch, one to front led and one to the pack. The switch has three wires. One from the side led and two to the pack. Front led has two wires, one from the side led and one to the pack... So 4 wires heading to the pack
Son of a Beotch!
Anyone else receive this message from Spirit?
These delays are getting a bit annoying.

p.s.
I preordered late July.

Spirit online- PROTON PACK preorder date moved to 10/15

"So are extremely sorry to inform you- there will be another delay from the 9/15 date. New date included in the subject line. Not to worry, your item will process and arrive as soon as we get it.
Good news: We are upgrading your shipping to priority so it arrives faster. Tracking email will be sent when item is on its way!
Please keep in mind: We will receive the item on 10/15 , please give us 1 business day to process and ship out.
Thanks for your understanding and reach out to us anytime! Please reply back to this email with any questions you may have.
Sincerely,
Spirit Halloween| Guest Support"
ROBOrob77 wrote:Son of a Beotch!
Anyone else receive this message from Spirit?
These delays are getting a bit annoying.

p.s.
I preordered late July.

Spirit online- PROTON PACK preorder date moved to 10/15

"So are extremely sorry to inform you- there will be another delay from the 9/15 date. New date included in the subject line. Not to worry, your item will process and arrive as soon as we get it.
Good news: We are upgrading your shipping to priority so it arrives faster. Tracking email will be sent when item is on its way!
Please keep in mind: We will receive the item on 10/15 , please give us 1 business day to process and ship out.
Thanks for your understanding and reach out to us anytime! Please reply back to this email with any questions you may have.
Sincerely,
Spirit Halloween| Guest Support"
Yep I got the same email. To say my response was unpleasant would be an understatement.
ccv66 wrote:For anyone curious about whats in the wand.. it's just the red side led, switch and front led. The red side led has three wires, one to the switch, one to front led and one to the pack. The switch has three wires. One from the side led and two to the pack. Front led has two wires, one from the side led and one to the pack... So 4 wires heading to the pack

So would an upgraded electronic kit from the shop here in the forums have any room and fit in this?
TKTC Ralph wrote:
ccv66 wrote:For anyone curious about whats in the wand.. it's just the red side led, switch and front led. The red side led has three wires, one to the switch, one to front led and one to the pack. The switch has three wires. One from the side led and two to the pack. Front led has two wires, one from the side led and one to the pack... So 4 wires heading to the pack

So would an upgraded electronic kit from the shop here in the forums have any room and fit in this?
No. You can fit extra leds, but you wouldn't be able to fit the gb fans board in there. Could do a 9v battery . . I dont think I would put to much effort into modifying it, would be better off buying gun kit. It would be easy to hook up the pack to a custom wand
I got tired of waiting for mine and went to a Spirit store and got one there!! They only had one and has the same, loose clippard but since im replacing the wand with Matty's, I don't mind.
The problem is that I'm a total noob so, not sure how to customize the electronics... I'll keep an eye here!
My two packs came in. I only opened one, but luckily the one I opened didn't have any broken parts. Doesn't seem to that common though, I've only seen like 2 reviews that hard broken parts. I didn't hear anything shaking around the box for my other pack, but I don't really wanna open it to find out. Putting it in the box again is annoying lol.

That said, I'm really sassed with this. For the price, the size is decent and while not 100% accurate, there's no mistaking that it's a proton pack.
zeta otaku liked this
Threadender wrote:I've searched through three different cities here in Michigan and haven't found one in person, even when they had a picture showing where it will be displayed in their store. How did some of you get it so early?
Same here in Pittsburgh... there's at least 6 spirit halloweens in this area and NONE of them have even had them in stock...
What I was told by 3 different stores is that they are getting limited amounts of them in stores. All of them have gotten only the one pack, and they tell me it's very popular as a LOT of people have been asking or calling.

They also told me they probably won't get restocked, so if you find one, buy it!

I really hope they realize this is a great item and reissue it eventually!
Threadender wrote:How did some of you get it so early?
People who pre-ordered in July got there's shipped. Anyone after that is shipping later. I'm wondering if they only made aa small amount, because my shipping box was hand marked carton 52 of 3802 (something like that anyway). If that's any indication, they didn't make that many of these.
80sguy wrote:
Threadender wrote:I'm wondering if they only made aa small amount, because my shipping box was hand marked carton 52 of 3802 (something like that anyway). If that's any indication, they didn't make that many of these.
I'm certain they did originally aim for a small number, in order to ensure that a majority of the units would definitely be sold by the time Spirit's pop-up stores vanish again until next Halloween. It's fair to say that the Pack has been a big hit, and is definitely far more popular than anybody expected it to be... which will be good for Spirit Halloween, and Ghostbusters in general... but not so great for people who got into the game late wanting to get one. Hopefully Spirit will place additional orders to meet demand, and that anyone who wants a Pack will be able to get one, without having to resort to the grotesque mark-up prices already appearing on eBay.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]