By Henners
I haven't made a Pack since 2010 and after my stint in the Air Force, my back is pretty screwed. Seeing the Spirit packs seemed perfect on my back. A few modifications, some split loom put over the green cable (why did they do that?), ribbon cable swapped out, Alice frame mounted (holes drilled and zip tied), with a nerf bar added.

And plenty of weathering with dry brushing to distract from it being such a glossy plastic.

Before Halloween - Dixie cup mounts, inaccurate blue cable painted yellow, ion arm, and ribbon cable clamp.

Before Emerald city comic con - new motherboard, blue cable added to the injector, proper sound and light kit from GBFans, and maybe a new wand.

Kingpin, Noremon liked this
By necrosapien87
Looks great. I can't wait to get mine and start modding. I think I've got a way to seal the speaker holes and make a new speaker location! THe paint on this looks great. Reminds me i need a paint marker lol
By Henners
Thanks guys! The motherboard is the board that mounts the Alice frame. I'll be using the GBFans light and sound kits but unsure currently of the wand. I'd like to get a full size wand - I doubt the fb fans wand kit will work without a lot of modding.

The paint was dry brushing , don't use a marker.
By Henners

Dixie cup v hooks mounted! Dremil and sanded off the peg, dremiled out parts of the side.

Ion arm was a 1/4" diameter wooden dowel from Michaels, painted brass, cut to 4", drilled and glued.

I'm only missing the ribbon cable clamp! (Gb fans ships it tomorrow).

I have another spirit pack to finish before Halloween and it hardly even resembles it!
Noremon liked this
By CountDeMonet
I found some ribbon cable clamps in various sizes at Home Depot in the electrical section. I think it was like a buck fiddy for 2 of them. I went with a slightly smaller clamp than the one GBFans sells since the pack is smaller
By Henners

Here's it on my Alice frame - I used zip ties and two holes near the v mount and side of the power cell.

The other zip ties go through the original loops from the nylon strap. Suitable for Halloween.

Before comic con I'll make a motherboard for it that will be mounted with l brackets to the pack and then to the frame. I'll fill in the zip tie holes with bondo and the speaker port hole with bondo too.
twmedford23, CountDeMonet, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
By Henners
Very very possible. You could get some full size ones in there - it would look weird and it would be snug but it’s possible. I’ve worked on smaller components in the past for other projects. I’m probably gonna get a full size thrower on here for the sake of getting the bar graph
necrosapien87 liked this
By Kingpin
Looking awesome, Henners (I especially dig the photo with the smoke machine... it gives it a sort of "OMNI" vibe). As you've got the Spirit Pack, would you be able to post a photo of the area where the Clippard is mounted to the Proton Gun? With flash please, if that's possible - I'd like to see if it's a separate piece that's been glued to the thrower.
GBDRE760, Henners liked this
By GBDRE760
Kingpin wrote:Looking awesome, Henners (I especially dig the photo with the smoke machine... it gives it a sort of "OMNI" vibe). As you've got the Spirit Pack, would you be able to post a photo of the area where the Clippard is mounted to the Proton Gun? With flash please, if that's possible - I'd like to see if it's a separate piece that's been glued to the thrower.

I just did my spirit pack up and the Clippard vale is molded as part of the gun.
By Henners
GBDRE760 wrote:
Kingpin wrote:Looking awesome, Henners (I especially dig the photo with the smoke machine... it gives it a sort of "OMNI" vibe). As you've got the Spirit Pack, would you be able to post a photo of the area where the Clippard is mounted to the Proton Gun? With flash please, if that's possible - I'd like to see if it's a separate piece that's been glued to the thrower.

I just did my spirit pack up and the Clippard vale is molded as part of the gun.
It is not molded as part of it. It is molded to a panel that slides in place and is glued in. Mine has come out, and of the 3 spirit packs I have one was floating around the box upon arrival. I’ve had to glue all 3 of them in and without taking the whole gun apart it’s hard to glue it securely. I’ll take a pic tomorrow
By Kingpin
Cheers Henners, good to know it's a disconnection of two parts, rather than an actual physical breakage, sounds like a 2-part epoxy would be the best approach to fix it into place permanently... though it may provide an easier way to repaint the clippard.
By Henners
Kingpin wrote:Cheers Henners, good to know it's a disconnection of two parts, rather than an actual physical breakage, sounds like a 2-part epoxy would be the best approach to fix it into place permanently... though it may provide an easier way to repaint the clippard.

Sorry it took so long!
By Kingpin
Henners wrote:it took so long!
No worries Henners, that's great. :) It's a bit of a silly design, but should be a relatively easy fix.

(Unrelated, if you type '~original' at the end of your avatar link, it may get it working again. Like this:
Code: Select all
http://imagehost.com/avatarg.jpg~original

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Good morning everyone! I have a local toy collect[…]