Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By timeware
Let the speculation begin! Nickelodeon has announced it's kicking 2012 to the curb, and a new 2-D animated series will be starting sometime in 2018. With the last episode being titled "Wanted Bebop and Rocksteady" How many of us think that the 2012 TMNT will be stuck in the classic universe for a few seasons or will this be a new show entirely?
By DeLoreanDMC81
Here's to hoping they look close to what they did in the 80's cartoon. Because let's face it that was the absolute best Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show, EVER!

Everything from the design, the looks, and the best freakin intro music to a cartoon.

Geez, how I miss the 80's and 90's.

James
By Doctor Venkman
I mean, based on the synopsis I read, it sounds like a totally new show. They're even changing up the characters a bit more than I'm comfortable with.

Raphael - the oldest and physically biggest brother, he is now the leader and his enthusiasm and bravado puts him front and center for most of their bizarre adventures
Leonardo - the self-professed ‘coolest’ brother possesses irreverent charm and a rebel heart
Donatello - an unflappable mechanical genius and tech wizard whose ninja skills are second only to his coding
Michelangelo - the youngest brother, an artist and awesome skateboarder with a wild colorful, and imaginative personality

Obviously the biggest changes are to Raph and Leo... but those new characterizations just seem... wrong.
By Kingpin
DeLoreanDMC81 wrote:Here's to hoping they look close to what they did in the 80's cartoon. Because let's face it that was the absolute best Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show, EVER!
It has it's charm, but the 2003 series felt closer to the original comics.
By Peter Venkman Jr.
@Kingpin I agree the 2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is a great show because it stuck so close to the original comic book stories. Also I love the cel shaded animation that was used for the show. As for Rise Of The TMNT, I am very pleased that Rob Paulsen (VA for Raphael in the 1987 cartoon and Donatello in the 2012 cartoon) is the voice director for this series. Having an extensive background as a voice over actor, I am confident that he will do a great job as the voice director for the new series.

I am a little wary of the change of roles with Raphael being the leader and Leonardo following Raph's orders. It feels really strange for me having been a TMNT fan since 1987, and seeing Leonardo as the leader in every incarnation. Still I am optimistic and I am willing to give the show a chance when it airs next year.
Kingpin liked this
By Fritz
I am very pleased that Rob Paulsen (VA for Raphael in the 1987 cartoon and Donatello in the 2012 cartoon) is the voice director for this series. Having an extensive background as a voice over actor, I am confident that he will do a great job as the voice director for the new series.
That is a good piece of news. But now my inner smartass has to wonder which Turtle he'll cast himself as. "Do I want to be Raph or Don again, or maybe check Mikey or Leo off my list? I could probably do both, but I don't want to be greedy" :lol:
By Peter Venkman Jr.
@Fritz the part of Raphael has already been cast, actor Omar Miller from the television series Ballers will be voicing Raph. Hope that with all of the work he has as a director, Rob Paulsen still does the occasional voice on the new show.
By 80sguy
DeLoreanDMC81 wrote:Here's to hoping they look close to what they did in the 80's cartoon. Because let's face it that was the absolute best Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show, EVER!
Eh...not really. It had it's charm, but I wouldn't call it the best. I honestly like the 2012 series the best so far because it's funny and serious at the same time, while the 80s series was just silly most of the time.
By timeware
The original series was awesome until they did the animation change after the movies came out. The one thing that bugged me about 2012 was them portraying the classic turtles with the same personality as 2012 Mikey. Whoever did Shredder's voice must have been channeling James Avery.

Hey Fritz, I think Rob Paulson might throw us for a loop and play a chain smoking April. I would like to see Gilbert Gottfried come back as a character. Maybe for a meaningful role this time.

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]