Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
mrmichaelt wrote:Tom teased the Extreme Ghostbusters and Prime Ghostbusters together in a bust for Annual 2018!
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/926268335733592069
Can't wait for the 2018 annual. ^_^
HauntedWallflower liked this
Sayscalled wrote:
*NormalGamer* wrote:
Can't wait for the 2018 annual. ^_^
If someone could eventually link the TPB preorder page on Amazon for this, I'd appreciate it.
Annuals aren't collected in trade paperbacks. Do you mean the next Hardcover collection?

Hm, speaking of - I guess that one will have the 2017 annual, 101, 2018 annual and Crossing Over -- so 16 issues. Hmm, hasn't been that small since the first Hardcover. I don't think they'll include the ATC mini since those are more on the Prime universe titles. And the TMNT/GB2 will probably have to be collected in its own hardcover like the first one.
mrmichaelt wrote:
Sayscalled wrote: If someone could eventually link the TPB preorder page on Amazon for this, I'd appreciate it.
Annuals aren't collected in trade paperbacks. Do you mean the next Hardcover collection?

Hm, speaking of - I guess that one will have the 2017 annual, 101, 2018 annual and Crossing Over -- so 16 issues. Hmm, hasn't been that small since the first Hardcover. I don't think they'll include the ATC mini since those are more on the Prime universe titles. And the TMNT/GB2 will probably have to be collected in its own hardcover like the first one.
My bad. I meant the annual itself. I'm just way ahead on pre-orders for TPBs that haven't even begun as series' yet.

Still, I'll be on top of the Crossing Over TPB when it does show up on Amazon.
By mrmichaelt
Syfy Wire has an early look at the solicit for Annual 2018 and the 2 covers - the once we saw earlier and one by Tim Lattie. It's set for February 15, 2018.
When urban miners discover what appears to be a centuries-old, man-made chamber 600 feet below the streets of New York City, they unwittingly unleash an unnamed entity with designs on dominance... an entity that will soon answer to the name SAMHAIN. Join the original Ghostbusters in this double-sized annual that will also sow the seeds for Crossing Over!
Tom Waltz also goes on to describe the Crossing Over maxi series as a "Crisis of Infinite Ghostbusters" event as some would have guessed prior.

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/ghostbuste ... sneak-peek
mrmichaelt wrote:Syfy Wire has an early look at the solicit for Annual 2018 and the 2 covers - the once we saw earlier and one by Tim Lattie. It's set for February 15, 2018.
When urban miners discover what appears to be a centuries-old, man-made chamber 600 feet below the streets of New York City, they unwittingly unleash an unnamed entity with designs on dominance... an entity that will soon answer to the name SAMHAIN. Join the original Ghostbusters in this double-sized annual that will also sow the seeds for Crossing Over!
Tom Waltz also goes on to describe the Crossing Over maxi series as a "Crisis of Infinite Ghostbusters" event as some would have guessed prior.

This annual 2018 comic and "Crossing Over" will pretty much live up to that 'dimensions' idea that Akyroyd originally wanted for the franchise; it should all come full circle.

Should be very fun. :)
mrmichaelt wrote:Syfy Wire has an early look at the solicit for Annual 2018 and the 2 covers - the once we saw earlier and one by Tim Lattie. It's set for February 15, 2018.

Oh man I was just pulling Crisis out as an example. I am so jazzed that the IDW team is describing it the same way! :). The synopsis for this annual sounds pretty exciting. Oh boy I am trying to contain my inner child's squee. :):):)
mrmichaelt wrote:Tom teased the Extreme Ghostbusters and Prime Ghostbusters together in a bust for Annual 2018!
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/926268335733592069
Fingers crossed for Janine meeting Extreme Egon and almost having a heart attack, while the look on Prime Egon's face just screams bloody murder. And yes, that IS all I think of.
By mrmichaelt
Yesterday, Erik Burnham confirmed there would be a prelude to Crossing Over in the annual and he's started writing Crossing Over already.
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 0951304193
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 3981572097

11/22: Solicit for Annual 2018
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/DEC170466
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/DEC170467
mrmichaelt wrote:io9 has an article about Crossing Over - basically an advance solicit even though solicits are out in a couple hours... but eh -- apparently this giant mess is because Ron and Holtzmann get jealous and try to make their own portals then things go awry.
https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-next-ghostb ... o9_twitter
@ *referring to bold*

Well, this is an interesting turn of events.
Oh boy this is pretty sweet!!! It is nice to see that the problem is not being caused by the original GB's but the Chicago branch and the ATC Universe. Looks like Ron still hasn't been terribly humbled from his experience in Volume 1. Holtzman can't help but dabble. Now is this incident opening a portal to the ATC and Prime Units or are the portals pulling Ghosts from the RGB Unit as well? I heard rumblings of 2 versions of Sam Hain showing up or something. The more I hear the more excited I become. 2018 is looking to be another spectacular year. :):):)
Last edited by philmorgan81 on December 21st, 2017, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*NormalGamer* liked this
By mrmichaelt
Here's the synopsis from the March solicit
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JAN180442
For a while now, the original Ghostbusters have had access to an interdimensional portal that has given them all-new ways to research the paranormal and consult with Ghostbusters throughout the multiverse... but they haven't shared this tech with any of those other Ghostbusters, and some don't think that's fair. That's why, after a chance meeting, Jillian Holtzmann and Ron Alexander have decided to right this wrong and cobble together their own working portal... which unintentionally unleashes the contents of the Ghostbusters' Containment Unit! That's a lot of ghosts, and it's going to take a lot of Ghostbusters to recapture them. In fact, it's going to take ALL of them. Crossing Over starts here!
* Featuring the return of the critically acclaimed and fan-favorite creative team of Erik Burnham, Dan Schoening, and Luis Antonio Delgado!
* It's like the Ghostbusters version of Crisis on Infinite... er, you know what I mean!
* First issue of an 8-issue maxi-series event!
And Joe Quinones is doing Cover A but it's not posted. There's also a 4th unrevealed cover, too, a 1:20 incentive cover.
mrmichaelt wrote:Tom Waltz posted the B&W raw cover RI for Crossing Over #2
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/943602763023314944
Great to see a bit of our favorite wheelchair ghostbuster from brooklyn heights. ^_^
robbritton liked this
You know I got to thinking. A breach of the containment units is just right kind of catastrophe to unite so many Ghostbusters. I do not envy the job Erik has with balancing so many characters. I am very curious to see who will be interacting with whom. Again I am very excited and I am sure this arc won't disappoint. :):):)
*NormalGamer* liked this
Tom Waltz gives us a look at the GB: Crossing Over #2 cover with Eddie, Alan Crendall, Abby and RGB Egon:

https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/943981072336830467
mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
Heh, can't wait to see Prime Winston meet SOS Alan Crendall. That'll be a nice callback to the first ongoing series.

Something that's bothering me about the article/#1 long line -- If I remember correctly, in 101 #6 - Peter seemed okay with giving other Ghostbusters their own portals because it could come in handy. But now in the Crossing Over #1 synopsis, Holtzmann goes and tries to make one. I wonder if something changes their minds in the 2018 annual but then again, Egon did admit to Donatello the original specs were lost. Ron, I can understand, limiting access to the more advanced tech but I figured they would be okay with the ATC team having access. Anyway, there's a little bit of context missing that's intriguing.
mrmichaelt wrote:Heh, can't wait to see Prime Winston meet SOS Alan Crendall. That'll be a nice callback to the first ongoing series.

Something that's bothering me about the article/#1 long line -- If I remember correctly, in 101 #6 - Peter seemed okay with giving other Ghostbusters their own portals because it could come in handy. But now in the Crossing Over #1 synopsis, Holtzmann goes and tries to make one. I wonder if something changes their minds in the 2018 annual but then again, Egon did admit to Donatello the original specs were lost. Ron, I can understand, limiting access to the more advanced tech but I figured they would be okay with the ATC team having access. Anyway, there's a little bit of context missing that's intriguing.
I thought the same thing. If the reason for not sharing the tech with other Busters isn't covered in the Annual, I have a feeling that it may be close to one of your earlier theories. I think you mentioned something like after the TMNT/GB 2 event you'd be surprised if Winston didn't take a hammer to the dimensional portal. Maybe there is some serious conflict of interest in regards to the portal. Egon and Ray's ultimate desire is to gain knowledge and there is so much that they have learned from the use of the portal. So maybe they feel rather than disassembling the portal they can engage in a little damage control by limiting access to that tech. We will soon see. This could be the last straw that takes the portal away in future issues. :):):)
mrmichaelt, robbritton, *NormalGamer* and 1 others liked this
By mrmichaelt
philmorgan81 wrote: I thought the same thing. If the reason for not sharing the tech with other Busters isn't covered in the Annual, I have a feeling that it may be close to one of your earlier theories. I think you mentioned something like after the TMNT/GB 2 event you'd be surprised if Winston didn't take a hammer to the dimensional portal. Maybe there is some serious conflict of interest in regards to the portal. Egon and Ray's ultimate desire is to gain knowledge and there is so much that they have learned from the use of the portal. So maybe they feel rather than disassembling the portal they can engage in a little damage control by limiting access to that tech. We will soon see. This could be the last straw that takes the portal away in future issues. :):):)
That's true, the consequences of all ghosts being freed might lead to a majority vote to shutter the teleportation unit -- especially if it almost led to something like the near-collapse of the multiverse. Another thing on my mind is who's in line for something horrible to happen to them in the finale -- like how Tiamat erased the world's memory of Tiyah knowing Winston except him, Egon getting killed, Jenny getting killed and manifesting as a ghost -- feels like Kylie or Melanie may be next. Considering how they likened Crossing Over to Crisis on Infinite Earths, there's a rather famous cover...

EDIT: Waltz posted the colored Cover RI of Crossing Over #2
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/944281424734990336
philmorgan81 liked this
mrmichaelt wrote:
philmorgan81 wrote: I thought the same thing. If the reason for not sharing the tech with other Busters isn't covered in the Annual, I have a feeling that it may be close to one of your earlier theories. I think you mentioned something like after the TMNT/GB 2 event you'd be surprised if Winston didn't take a hammer to the dimensional portal. Maybe there is some serious conflict of interest in regards to the portal. Egon and Ray's ultimate desire is to gain knowledge and there is so much that they have learned from the use of the portal. So maybe they feel rather than disassembling the portal they can engage in a little damage control by limiting access to that tech. We will soon see. This could be the last straw that takes the portal away in future issues. :):):)
That's true, the consequences of all ghosts being freed might lead to a majority vote to shutter the teleportation unit -- especially if it almost led to something like the near-collapse of the multiverse. Another thing on my mind is who's in line for something horrible to happen to them in the finale -- like how Tiamat erased the world's memory of Tiyah knowing Winston except him, Egon getting killed, Jenny getting killed and manifesting as a ghost -- feels like Kylie or Melanie may be next. Considering how they likened Crossing Over to Crisis on Infinite Earths, there's a rather famous cover...

EDIT: Waltz posted the colored Cover RI of Crossing Over #2
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/944281424734990336
You make an excellent point. In an event this large with so many characters and so many Ghosts with various degrees of class that need busting anything can happen. Which means that it will probably be time to see one or both Kevins strap on a Proton Pack and help wrangle some specters. Each title and event has kept me guessing and I don't think this will be any different. Wouldn't it be nice if this huge event was still just the beginning. This event gets us through most of 2018. Then in 2019 if sells are still satisfactory to IDW and Ghost Corps maybe we could see some of those spin off books. I mean wouldn't that beat all if ATC gets it's own ongoing book . Maybe a book called Ghostbusters Inc. where each issue puts focus on a different franchise in the Prime Universe. This book could give the readers more self contained stories and focus on smaller jobs that are non apokolyptic. The Real Ghostbusters could get their own comic and we could get another chance to see that world get explored more. Same with the Extreme Ghostbusters. Of course I would hope that they would assign different creative teams to the other books so Erik, Dan, Louis and Tom could continue to focus on The Prime Ongoing. Of course Crossing Over is looking to be The Magnum Opus for these guys. I am glad that this team loves the franchise as much as we do, but I have no idea how heavy there work load already is. There is a lot of potential here. Again I am thinking way too far ahead on this, but it will all depend on how this event goes and where the powers that be want to do with the property moving forward. :):):)
By Sayscalled
This might be a bit long (or not), but there are a few things I want to get off my chest regarding the IDW Ghostbusters ongoing comics.

I understand the point made by people about interdimensional travel being "played out". I know you all miss stories on "everyday busts". That said... Although the trope seems to have been relied on too often as of late, interdimensional travel was the heart of Dan Aykroyd's original movie script. If the budget were possible back then, jumping through time and space for cases and busts would be the basis of the franchise. Only now, through the flexibility of comics are we now seeing it. My point is, it doesn't need to be shelved for an indefinite period (or have the portals destroyed)...just use it mighty sparingly.

Something personal regarding the RGB crew. RGB was and is my favorite cartoon. It was my intro to the franchise, so much so, that I once assumed the movie was based on the toon. However, it had gone on for enough years, that it feels like it is self-contained. Especially from what we learned when the crew returned on EGB for the two parter. The Get Real mini made sense as a long lost B-story to Janine Melnitz: Ghostbuster. When GB Int'l came along, I asked Dapper Dan where in the continuity did Blond Egon's appearance fall. His answer made sense. I recently asked Erik the same question regarding RGB in Crossing Over, and he admitted it would be more vague this time. I'm just afraid that if they're used too much within the IDW Prime-verse, the nonsensical-within-their-timeline-appearances could get very tired. I do admit that's more of a me-thing, however.

After Crossing Over, I had no idea how the series could continue, till I read the post regarding splitting the teams into their own titles. Admittedly, I'd have to pick and choose, but that would be hard, since I love everything about Sony GBs. I'd only wish that the RGB would be retired from original stories and left to their own continuity from now on. With the two movies (and the setting of the video game), enough time had passed, that the comics could pick up after they left off. Therefore, the Prime team had a lot of story left to tell. The RGBs seem like a favorite story to be left alone.

I realize I probably sound like a diehard jerk fan, but I'm just getting all my feelings into one post. I do love everything to do with the Sony GBs. I just don't want the comics to burn out or lose their heart.
Oh you are not alone on worrying about the Comic Burning out or losing their heart. That is a big reason why I would love for the team that is currently working on the Prime Ongoing book to stay the same. As I said I have no idea how hectic it is to get these books out, but God these guys seem to pump out some great stories and it feels like they come to us fast. I have no idea how they do it, but they are a hell of a team. I know that this is not the only IP these guys work on either. The only way I'd feel like the comic would lose it's heart is if the team got burnt out on the franchise.

Like you I love the direction Ghostbusters has gone in this series. The Dimension hopping has made for some excellent stories. I feel that Ghostbusters has come a long way from the first film. They have built the world up to the point where Dan Aykroyd's original concept could feel credible. I understand missing the smaller ghost hunting cases, but as the books progress the threats should keep getting larger. I do think it will be hard to top something in the scale Crossing Over, but I have been wrong before. It will be fun to see what comes next. :):):)
mrmichaelt wrote:Tom Waltz posted 3 of Dan Schoening's WIPs of several teams of GBs in action.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/949447128912297985
Great to see Roland in action in that WIP tweet. ^_^ :roland:

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]