This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By Alex Newborn
Thanks to ramcuda's tireless efforts at matching styles of hardhats, I also bought a really close match on the Con Ed hardhat from both movies.

The paper sticker is just a test for font and size. I plan to have it remade in vinyl.

The only thing I don't like is the harness with its giant black knob on the back for adjustments.

UPDATE: Shot these videos today, 4/14/14, showing the updated look of ths hardhat.

Alex
By ramcuda
Alex ... great find on the other liner .. looks much better ... keep me in mine when you get the sticker done ..
Alex Newborn liked this
By Alex Newborn
Glad you like it.

Here's some video.

First, the teaser (which was actually shot last):

Part 1:

Part 2:

Alex
By Alex Newborn
Thanks to a fellow Alabamian on the RPF website who not only helped me ID the font but drew the logo as a vector file, I was able to have these made at a local place called Lewis Signs and Decals.

The owner had quoted me $5 for making the decal... I was super ecstatic to see a) the quality and b) the fact he cut me a whole bunch of spares while he was at it.

Alex
By Alex Newborn
Removed the existing decal from my ERB 906 hardhat:

And then cut down a real 1982 'No Bozos' sticker:

I also cut the framing rectangle into two pieces around the inner Bozo logo circle. This let me overlap the three pieces so no yellow would show through at the gaps where it had stretched over the years.

I even tried to get the wrinkles in as close to the pattern on Venkman's as I could.

Now to make a 100% decal for the back.

Alex
By Bloodvayne
Ah hell. I am currently in the Shipyards in Norfolk and wear the same Con Edison style hardhat. Well...thanks for posting about this....now I know what I will do with my hardhat when I leave haha
Dan AKA liked this
By Alex Newborn
Cool. The Con Ed cosplay seems to be catching on.

Back to the Venkman lid...

All of the 100% stickers I can find as reference are either red and BLACK or they have the blue and red fields reversed. Like this one:

So I created an image in paint.

This is just a test that I printed for size and placement. Not quite there yet, but promising.

I estimated the height at 1.75" but now it looks a bit too large.

Alex
By Alex Newborn
I know I used to have a flannel shirt that was much closer to what the Con Ed guy wears in GB1, but couldn't find it where I thought it should be. I'll have to keep looking.

In the meantime, I finally got a gray zipup hoodie that was really close to the movie one, I just had to replace the drawstring for the hood...

Alex
By Alex Newborn
Well, I know at least one component for it is on its way to you right now!

Now I just need to go through my Dad's storage shed and see if there's a good match for a tool belt and screwdriver. He's a retired electrician, so hopefully I can find exactly what I need without having to do a bunch of online searching.

Alex
By Hasford1978
Is there any way i can get stickers for the helmet, specifically the 'No Bozos' and 100% thanks?
By Hasford1978
Alex do you have a spare of those 100% stickers by any chance? If so how much?
Thanks
Rich
By Alex Newborn
Dusting off this old thread for something I found amusing.

In a Facebook discussion of odd GB1 promo items, someone shared a video of Bill Murray going on Late Night with David Letterman in May of 1984.

The 'bumper' at the very end of the clip was an Eastern Safety Tuf-E hard hat, in yellow.

Very similar to what Aykroyd would wear five years later, minus the tacked-on headlamp.

Alex
Sav C liked this
By Alex Newborn
Turbomini73 wrote:Great job Alex did anyone ever identify the gloves and rain gear ?
I don't know if anyone found the exact same stuff worn when the film was shot in the late 80s, but I used modern equivalents which were both purchased at Home Depot.

Here's me in a slightly out-of-focus pic of the gear.

I also dressed my friend Patrick in it for a promo for an improv show that was Ghostbusters-themed. He took a whiff of the vinyl jacket and quipped, "I smell like something from the Kenner collection!"

He was right. It smelled exactly like the old square 24-figure cases when we were kids.

Alex
By DeLoreanDMC81
This thread is exactly what I was looking for.

I just recently purchased the hard hat and lamp last night, from the Van Horne scene with Ray, Winston and Egon. And that was before I stumbled across this thread. lol

But now that I read this thread I found a white Turf-E hat on eBay that I just purchased.

So now I'll have the two hats from the same scene. hahaha

I too am curious if anyone knows the yellow rain gear they wear?

Does anyone know what the measuring tape device is that Winston uses to measure how deep the River of Slime?

The closest thing I could find is a surveyors tape. I've found a few on eBay that look similar but still not the correct one.

Thanks!

James
By Alex Newborn
Hi James,

Yep, there are SEVERAL hard hats seen throughout GB2.

As we discussed in a couple of these threads, sometimes the hard hat worn by a single actor can change in the middle of a scene.

I don't know if anyone's ever ID'ed the exact rain gear worn in the movie, but the modern versions available at your neighborhood hardware store are going to be very close.

Here are some shots of the one I bought a couple of years ago:

Also, I found some unused, age-indeterminate rain suits in my Dad's tool shed after he passed away in February. I keep meaning to open one and see a) if it's still any good, and b) if it looks like the movie costume.

I've never searched for Winston's "plumb line", but let us know what you come up with.

Alex
Noremon, Kingpin liked this
By DeLoreanDMC81
Thanks for the reply.

You do have quite the impressive hat collection my friend.

Yeah it wasn't until I started looking at the hard hats that I noticed, hey that was not the hat he was just wearing. Script Supervisor, you're fired. lol

Alrighty, I'll head to he hardware store to see what they got.

It also looks like they were wearing Waders, as their pants and boots. Am I incorrect on that? I was more interested in the hats so I didn't pay that close attention to their pants.

I'll have to post some pictures of my hats when I get a second. It's just fun owning these little obscure pieces that no one ever really gives two thoughts about. I love it!

Yeah you'll have to let us know what you find out about your dads unopened rain gear, I'm super curious.

Thanks so much!

James
By Alex Newborn
Yes, we see the waders after they take off the yellow slickers in the "watch your mouth, I'll punch your lights out" scene. And of course, they have long thermal underwear on under the waders.

But those guys were filming in very cold weather in wintry NYC.

But the thing about rubber/plastic watertight clothing is that it doesn't BREATHE.

Just wearing a yellow rain slicker over a t-shirt and regular pants is a VERY insulating and warm experience.

As long as your pants are dark, no one will care if they're rubber or not, and you'll be a lot more comfortable.

Alex
By DeLoreanDMC81
So I've been searching for a while now for Winston's measuring device that he uses to measure the depth of the River of Slime.

I've run across a few that looked pretty dang close but were sold on etsy years ago.

Then the other day I came acros one that looked good, so I bought it. It looks pretty darn close, but isn't 100% accurate. I can live with it though till I find one that looks closer.

Here is a picture of it, next to DerGrundel's amazing GB2 replica belt.

Enjoy!

James

http://imgur.com/NM7gH02
By Alex Newborn
Sorry to necro-post but I had occasion to dig up this old thread during a conversation on Facebook this morning, and realized I never shared an acquisition from last year when I was working out of state.

It's a North 410 hardhat, which was the closest I found to what Winston wears.

Sad that most of the old photo links in this thread are dead, but the video links still seem to work.

Alex
Last edited by Kingpin on February 24th, 2024, 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed youtube link

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]