By NoLarryOnlyZuul
Sailerm wrote:Will anyone hate me for making my fobs out of 1" nylon and generic claps?Image

Absolutely not. This is as friendly a community as you'll find (besides a couple bad apples.) Anytime you can get decently close to accurate without breaking the bank AND by hand-making your layout is a success. :cool:
By Sailerm

First test with the magnets. The magnet with backing plate with a single magnet is simply in the pant pocket. Not sure if I like how the hose hangs from it.
twmedford23 liked this
By Sailerm
My concern is more about washing the suit and wearing it without the hose if need be. The single magnet idea wasn't quite right but 4 smaller magnets proved to be a success Image
By doctorevil30564
I had a similar idea to make attaching and removing the hose from the sewed on connector using a magnet glued into the connector and a barrel magnet glued into the end of the hose. Your solution looks good to me.
By Demon Vice Commander
It's a common misconception that you can't wash the suit with a hose connector sewn on - just make sure that you use some strong coat thread to sew it on, and be certain to turn the suit inside out when you wash it. For added strength, you can sew a small vinyl patch behind the connector on the inside of the suit. I've been using this method for almost a decade on numerous suits and have never had an issue.

It just seems like a lot of folks tend to over-engineer the hose connector by resorting to magnets, industrial adhesives, and interlocking components. :)
Major design flaw in neutrona wand

And don't get me started if you are a lefty!! G[…]

New Diamond Select Figures

Are they going for the Sega look? lwi_Leav-2A

Very AWESOME the finish on the paint looks amazing[…]

Kingpin is right. There aren't a lot of complicat[…]