Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By mrmichaelt
(check the last post of the previous page, I added newer info to it)

2/21: CBR posted IDW May solicits
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAR180443
Crossing Over #3: May 23, MAR180443
Well, that wasn’t such a chore, now, was it? With a little help from another dimension or two, the Ghostbusters seem to be on pace to put paid to their present paranormal problem! Except this is only Part 3, which might mean bad news for the boys and girls in gray! Crossing Over, a celebration of all things Ghostbusters, continues here!
2/22: Tom posted Virtual Card #2 - Dr. Jillian Holtzmann.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/966584641376276481
Degrees in D.E.S., N.D., D.R. and D.D.S.... Engineering, Naturopathy, Recreation, Dental Surgery
ATC dimension is designated 80-C.

2/23: Look like Winston found out who the culprits are in this WIP.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/967223996964990976
By philmorgan81

Well, that wasn’t such a chore, now, was it? With a little help from another dimension or two, the Ghostbusters seem to be on pace to put paid to their present paranormal problem! Except this is only Part 3, which might mean bad news for the boys and girls in gray! Crossing Over, a celebration of all things Ghostbusters, continues here!
So I am little intrigued on how in issue 3 of an 8 part mega event the crisis that our heroes are currently dealing with is just about dealt with. It really shouldn't suprise me too much given how many Ghostbusters are helping with the problem, but if a dimensional breach of the containment unit isn't the MAIN crisis in this event what is?

I am excited. :) :) :)

Degrees in D.E.S., N.D., D.R. and D.D.S.... Engineering, Naturopathy, Recreation, Dental Surgery

*NormalGamer* liked this
By philmorgan81

Well I am intrigued on the fact that only 3 issues in, the crisis is almost averted. I suppose it shouldn't suprise me given how many Ghostbusters are on duty. Makes me wonder if an dimensional breach of the containment unit isn't the Major Crisis in this event WHAT or WHO is?

I am excited. :) :) :)
*NormalGamer* liked this
By mrmichaelt
So I am little intrigued on how in issue 3 of an 8 part mega event the crisis that our heroes are currently dealing with is just about dealt with. It really shouldn't suprise me too much given how many Ghostbusters are helping with the problem, but if a dimensional breach of the containment unit isn't the MAIN crisis in this event what is?
Hmm, true. But looking back on the other 8 parter, Mass Hysteria, the Ghostbusters didn't encounter and battle the main threat, Tiamat, until halfway but her presence was felt since the preludes before the arc even started. I wouldn't be surprised if either an escapee or two don't get recaptured, something worse is attracted to NYC by the usage of the knock off teleporter to cross over, or someone that's been watching from the sidelines makes his/her/its move <cough>GB 101 #2<cough>.
By mrmichaelt
2/27: Virtual Card #3 is RGB Winston.
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 2588656640
Fun read. He enlisted with the Air Force instead, got a liberal arts degree, and is a certified master mechanic. And the RGB universe is designated 68-R.

iTunes has the first 3 pages of Annual 2018 up.
https://itunes.apple.com/mt/book/ghostb ... 4778?mt=11
http://is3.mzstatic.com/image/thumb/Pur ... 1440bb.jpg
http://is4.mzstatic.com/image/thumb/Pur ... 1440bb.jpg

2/28: Erik revealed Annual 2018 will be included in the first Crossing Over trade paperback
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 3781299201

Erik also hinted "And we won't have a lot of everyone together all at once!"
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 3312468993
http://is4.mzstatic.com/image/thumb/Pur ... 1440bb.jpg

3/1: Virtual Card #4 is Alan Crendall
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/969277080889257985
Cool getting a bit more back story on Alan. SOS is Dimension 50-S. Associate of Arts in Accounting.
By *NormalGamer*
Those pages... Are they from the Annual?
Yes.
Sayscalled liked this
By mrmichaelt
Virtual Card #5 is EGB Eduardo.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/971118082532913152

Confirms in this IDW canon, that the Extreme Ghostbusters are in a different dimension than The Real Ghostbusters but real close. RGB are in 68-R and EGB are in 68-E. Hmm, so that theory I had sort of panned out. A version of EGB will likely still play out in 68-R and a version of RGB preceded events in 68-E that led to the EGB being formed. The difference is basically the art styles. Similar to Sanctum of Slime being confirmed to be in a different dimension, 50-S but due to the appearance of young Alan, Kas Gibbons, the Dumazu entry in Insight's Tobin's Spirit Guide, etc. -- that a version of SOS seems destined to happen in IDW's prime dimension.

Erik hints it will be addressed in #3.
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 1124376576

Also Erik did hint at the designations. For 68-R, he equated 6 to G and 8 to B. So like visually, the # looks like the letter. So GB-R=RGB. Same here with 68-E=GB-E=EGB. Then for SOS, same thing with the visuals, 50-S=SOS. And for the ATC universe, 80-C -- if you sound it out - the phonetics of eighty sound like AT so ATC. It's not some earth shattering reference or someone's birth date or whatever. Just Erik messing with your senses. :P
Last edited by mrmichaelt on March 6th, 2018, 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By *NormalGamer*
Virtual Card #5 is EGB Eduardo.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/971118082532913152

Confirms in this IDW canon, that the Extreme Ghostbusters are in a different dimension than The Real Ghostbusters but real close. RGB are in 68-R and EGB are in 68-E. Hmm, so that theory I had sort of panned out. A version of EGB will likely still play out in 68-R and a version of RGB preceded events in 68-E that led to the EGB being formed. The difference is basically the art styles. Similar to Sanctum of Slime being confirmed to be in a different dimension, 50-S but due to the appearance of young Alan, Kas Gibbons, the Dumazu entry in Insight's Tobin's Spirit Guide, etc. -- that a version of SOS seems destined to happen in IDW's prime dimension.

Also Erik did hint at the designations. For 68-R, he equated 6 to G and 8 to B. So like visually, the # looks like the letter. So GB-R=RGB. Same here with 68-E=GB-E=EGB. Then for SOS, same thing with the visuals, 50-S=SOS. And for the ATC universe, 80-C -- if you sound it out - the phonetics of eighty sound like AT so ATC. It's not some earth shattering reference or someone's birth date or whatever. Just Erik messing with your senses. :P
So both the RGB and EGB are in their own dimensions but similar, I see. Can't wait to see how it develops. The IDW crew are doing a great job with the worldbuilding. ^_^
By mrmichaelt
So both the RGB and EGB are in their own dimensions but similar, I see. Can't wait to see how it develops. The IDW crew are doing a great job with the worldbuilding. ^_^
It's an intriguing concept. There's 50 cards but only 27 known Ghostbusters. 30 if you throw in Peck, Jenny, and Kevin. So it would seem the other 20 could be various ghosts, demons, corporeals, and gods appearing the the maxi.
I've been looking forward to this for months and we're about to get hammered by a snow storm.

DAMN YOU NATURE!
Awful. Take care though. Hopefully you can connect to Internet and get the digital copy if worse comes to worse?
By groschopf
After reading the Annual,
I think I'm mistaken about the containment breach this early. But most of the of the entities that appear in the fog bank are definitely RGB.
This Post Contains Spoilers
By philmorgan81
Oh My Gosh! Did anyone else see the ghost that was definitely Skele Vision from Filmation's Ghostbusters. You can see him in the corner when the portals for the other Ghostbusters start popping up. You get a good shot of him getting blasted when the beams start firing out of the portals. Since they can't really show the Filmation characters I really love the fact that they snuck a character in there from Filmation that can pass for a ghost. That was just awesome. Seeing Skele Vision get hit with a stream was almost as satisfying as the possibility of The Real Ghostbusters showing up the Filmation crew.
Sorry I get long winded when I am excited. This issue was a real treat and I didn't think I could get any more hyped for Crossing Over than I already was.
Yeah The Golem Ghostbuster? Holy Cow! There is nothing in the world that could prepare me for that.
*NormalGamer* liked this
By mrmichaelt
ANNUAL 2018

Main Story
For the most part, one of the best Ghostbusters comics ever. Well, worth the wait. And a lot to digest.

Interesting twist with the ghost. Basically, the Scottish myth Connla co-opting the festival of Samhain to permanently open the veil to the other side.

Damn. If Ron just showed up in time for recertification, the hassle of Crossing Over would never have happened -- no wait, he still would have seen all the AU teams at the end when Egon brought the Chicago GBs along. It was nice to see Jenny and Ron interact. Feels like that hasn't happened in a long time. Maybe not since Hart Island? Just absolutely loved Ray and Egon ribbing Ron hard this entire issue. Laughed so hard when Connla punched Ron then Ray and Egon talked about it. The best!

I was happy with the amount and length of busts in this annual. Grand Central -- damn Egon blew up his freaking head! That's was an amazing visual. Just occurred to me if Ron and the rest of the Chicago GB have atomizing streams on their packs and use it in Chicago, how the heck don't they have their own PCOC in Chicago by now -- if the huge mess in Grand Central is any indication of the stuff Ron leaves behind?

I did love how this annual also suddenly became a feature role for Kylie. Out on the bust, having a precognitive episode, bit of back story about her great grand dad, having her Aha! moment, sleuthing at Ray's Occult with clues observed at the prior bust, figuring out the ghost was Connla and trapping him, side by side with EGB Kylie. Very nice. And they mystery angle of her figuring it out was pretty well done, an 'extended' look at the research side of things I suppose.

The only gripe I guess is -- and I totally understand the progression that led to it and how it sets up the next arc -- Egon resorting to bringing in other teams to save the prime team instead of the prime team dealing with it themselves. I guess they never dealt with an island melee with rapidly multiplying ghosts and nothing they really have could have contained them all. And it's kind of odd with all this dimension traveling, there's no god or gods out there not liking there's some mortals mucking around with powers like theirs...

I was relieved when Ron hinted Samhain/Halloween was still weeks away. Continuity preserved. I was a little worried about overlap with Melanie's Salem Museum case that involved Peter and Kylie. It's good to know a ball park figure of them being in late September/early October.
Looking Ahead
Once the dust is settled with the last issue of Crossing Over, I don't see how Ron will still be employed as a Ghostbuster. He's clearly the kind of static character who will never learn his lesson or grow a conscience. Ray called him out on his b.s. before they went into Grand Central and it fell upon deaf ears.

When their portal goes online, I bet the initial story will be they accidentally releases ghosts from Containment Unit(s) and that's the first half but the big bad comes around and hijacks the portal for something even worse.

Yeah, I'm apprehensive going into another crossover arc but it feels like the culmination of not only the post-Mass Hysteria comics but Erik's run as well and that's worth looking forward to. But at the same time, got a bad feeling something terrible will happen to someone in the cast though I can't imagine something worse than what Tiamat did to Winston.
Easter Eggs so Far
*Cover A
**The Halloween decorations on the Firehouse are based on the ones seen in The Real Ghostbusters episode "Halloween II 1/2".
**The hands grasping the Moon is a nod to Disney's "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow".
***The nod was also seen in Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #9 on page 16.
*Cover B
**Between Egon and Janine is Kenner's Bad-To-The-Bone Ghost.
**Janine is in her New Ghostbusters flight suit and blows a bubblegum bubble like her animated counterpart.
**Kylie is wearing an orange jacket like Peter's in the first movie.
**Kylie also wears Kenner's Ecto-Goggles and Ecto-Popper.
**To Kylie's left is Pagan.
**Between Kylie and Peter are Ray, Melanie, and Winston in the gray flightsuits and each has a Slime Blower.
***Melanie was last seen in a gray flightsuit on the Volume 2 Issue #10 Regular Cover.
**Slimer appears at the bottom between Samhain's 2 Goblins from The Real Ghostbusters.
*Dramatis Personae
**Ron Alexander has a new biography.
***Mentioned are:
****Walter Peck
****Chicago Ghostbusters
****Ghost Smashers
*What Came Before
**Past events mentioned are:
***Ghostbusters International
****Hell and Jenny Moran are mentioned.
****Loftur and Rauoskinna are alluded to.
***Ghostbusters 101
***Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters Volume 2
****The Turtles are alluded to.
****The Collectors are mentioned.
**It is revealed Peter's Ghostbusters 101 fantasy camp raked in a fortune.
*Page 1
**Murdock is visually based on ?
**Water Tunnel No. 3 is the largest capital construction project in New York City history.
*Page 2
**In panel 3, carved atop the pedestal is the Wheel of the Year. One circle represents life and the other represents death. Joined, they become infinity.
***In The Real Ghostbusters, Samhain's goblins released him with the symbol.
**A powerful paranormal event caused by an unwitting construction worker is similar to the episodes "Knock, Knock" of The Real Ghostbusters and "Darkness at Noon" in Extreme Ghostbusters.
*Page 3
**Ray mentions there were plenty of accidents in the Water Tunnel. Historically, there have been 24 construction-related deaths in Water Tunnel No. 3 but none since 1997.
**The Ghostbusters are in their construction outfits from the 2015 Annual, based on the ones seen in Ghostbusters II.
*Page 4
**Ray attempts to communicate with Samhain much like Gozer in the first movie.
*Page 5
**Samhain refers to the power in a name. In mythology, knowing the name of a magical creature meant having control over it. An example of this is Rumplestiltskin.
*Page 7
**Peter does his "Dah!" from the first movie.
**In panel 5, the woman and man are visually based on ?
*Page 8
**The portly worker in red and slim worker in green appear to be nods to Nintendo characters Mario and Luigi.
**Peter refers to the ghost as "Great Pumpkin," a nod to the Charlie Brown Halloween special "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown".
**The portly worker insists they have a schedule to keep. In reality, the tunnel started work in 1997 and is slated to finish in 2020.
*Page 9
**In panel 1, the microwave from Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Realistic Versions) is on the left.
**Jenny alludes to 'home' - implying Ray might have his own home or apartment.
**In panel 1, Luis Delgado's 15 easter egg appears on the Days since last incident sign from Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Realistic Versions).
**In panel 1, on the Employee of the Month board from Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Realistic Versions) are:
***April: Peter from Ghostbusters International Issue #2 page 4 panel 3
***August: Peter from Ghostbusters Volume 1 Issue #2 Cover RI
***September: The Real Ghostbusters Peter from ???
***October: Peter from Ghostbusters 101 #4 Subscription Cover
**In panel 1, two arcades are visible:
***The left arcade is Scary House is based on Midway's 1972 Haunted House arcade.
***The middle arcade is
**In panel 2, the Mercury poster from Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Realistic Versions) appears.
**Jenny has a copy of "A Book of Pagan Rituals," an actual book from 1978 by Herman Slater. It was a collection of rituals, practices, and exercises drawn from ancient sources.
**In panel 2, the art posted on the refrigerator is a drawing of the ghost costume worn by a child at the start of The Real Ghostbusters episode "The Halloween Door".
**In panel 2, on top of refrigerator is the bowl of candy from the start of The Real Ghostbusters episode "Halloween II 1/2".
***It appeared in Peck's office in Volume 1 #15.
**In the book Jenny presents:
***On the left page is the antlered figure from the Gundestrup Cauldron, a artifact found in Denmark with carvings similar to Celtic mythology.
***On the right page, at the top is ?
***On the right page, at the bottom is Samhain in the book is from Extreme Ghostbusters' Intro sequence.
**Ray mentions the festival of Samhain. It takes place the evening of October 31 to the evening of November 1.
**In panel 4, Ray looks at "The Old Book of Magic," an actual book from 1918 by Lauron William De Lawrence. It was a precise history of magic, its procedure, rites, and mysteries contained in ancient manuscripts and embellished engravings of charms and talismans.
**Ray mentions how the druids never wrote anything down. They passed things down orally.
**In panel 5, on the floor is Hohman's Black Low-Rise from where it goes after Rookie collects it in Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Realistic Versions) .
**In panel 5, by the Hohman's is the washtub used in The Real Ghostbusters episode "The Magnificent Five".
**In panel 5, atop the microwave is UFO Pizza from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987) episode "The Case of the Killer Pizzas".
**In panel 5, left of the microwave is
***Middle: Mitsubishi Food's Ghostbusters Halloween Biscuits
***Right: Mitsubishi Food's Ghostbusters Halloween Crackers
**In panel 5, the paper on the cork board is
*Page 10
**Ron mentions the Containment Unit.
**In panel 2, on the billiards table is the Toaster of Sights Unseen after Rookie collects it
**In panel 5, right of Jenny on the counter is a miniature of the relic Samhain was freed from in The Real Ghostbusters episode "When Halloween Was Forever".
**Ray alludes to the pardon Walter Peck arranged for Ron so he could leave Rikers and join the New Ghostbusters in Volume 2 Issue #2.
**In panel 5, Ron is holding an 8-ball - a nod to the "Be the Ball" mantra from "Caddyshack" featuring Chevy Chase whom he's visually based on.
*Page 11
**In panel 1 is a recreation of a scene from Ghostbusters Chapter 11 "We Got One!" after Janine gets the call from the Sedgewick.
**In panel 3, the Stay Puft packet on the dash is Alma's The Real Ghostbusters: Soft Mallow Pieces from the UK.
**Ron has been interested in the Interspatial Teleportation Unit since Annual 2015.
**Ron brings up the Chicago Ghostbusters.
**Ron's badge is the logo of his defunct Ghost Smashers.
*Page 12
**In panel 1, Lagerfeld's is a reference to
**In panel 1, Rambeau's is a reference to Rambeau's House of Fashion from Chapter 6 of Toyko Pop's Ghost Busted Manga.
**Kylie uses the P.K.E. Meter visually based on the Extreme Ghostbusters version. She first used it in Volume 2 of the ongoing series.
**In panel 5, Ray stands by the East 42nd Street and Park Avenue signs where Grand Central is located.
**In panel 5, Manhattan City Bank from the first movie is a stand-in for TD Bank.
**Ray's 'We have a date with a ghost' line is similar to Peter's line to the crowd as they prepare to go into 550 Central Park West in the first movie.
*Page 13
**Kylie alludes to the events of Ghostbusters 101.
**Kylie mentions PCOC.
**Kylie reveals a new protocol named Code Dan, a nod to Dan Schoening.
*Page 14
**Ray brings up Peter's tendency to name things and people.
**Ron tells Ray he's not pronouncing Samhain right, as was the case in The Real Ghostbusters.
**Ron mentions they are weeks away from Halloween.
*Page 20
**Ron uses the higher setting on the Particle Thrower to atomize Connla. This feature was confirmed in the 101 Class Notes in Ghostbusters 101 #4.
**Ron calls Kylie by the "Spooky" nickname he gave her in Volume 2 Issue #4 page 15 panel 3.
**Ray mentions Walter Peck.
*Page 21
**Egon has the P.K.E. Meter from The Real Ghostbusters.
**The ghosts are visually based on Samhain's Midnight Army in The Real Ghostbusters episode "When Halloween Was Forever".
*Page 22
**In panel 1 are several ghosts from The Real Ghostbusters Pilot/Intro:
***Caterpillar Ghost
***Eye Visor Ghost
***Mean Ghost
***Horizontal Grin Ghost
**Winston mentions fictional detective Hercule Poirot.
**Kylie mentions Sherlock Holmes.
**In panel 2, the ghost snagged is one of the blue goblins that chased the Junior Ghostbusters in The Real Ghostbusters episode "Halloween II 1/2".
**Ray mentions Dupin or C. Auguste Dupin from Edgar Allan Poe's "The Murders in the Rue Morgue".
*Page 23
**In panel 4, Kylie wakes up in the Ray's Occult office - the first time it has appeared.
**In panel 4, on the cardboard box is Luis Delgado's 15 easter egg.
**In panel 4, on the book shelves are "Ghosts Walk Among Us" and "Government Cover Up: Ghosts" - two books Kylie had in her stack near the end of the Extreme Ghostbusters episode "Darkness at Noon, Part One".
*Page 24
**The helmet Kylie is wearing is from
**In panel 2, on the Post It note on the left references Elon Spengler and Wastebusters from the Earth Day Special.
**Egon's line about taking dreams seriously dates back to Ray's dream in Volume 1 #1.
**In panel 4, Peter's toy is based on the gold car his animated counterpart dreamed of in The Real Ghostbusters episode "Mr. Sandman, Dream Me a Dream".
**Janine's top is based on her animated counterpart's.
**Peter alludes to the events of Volume 2 #3 and #5-6 with the Draugar.
*Page 25
**In panel 1, the Dimensional Inverter part from The Real Ghostbusters episode "When Halloween Was Forever" is in its usual place on the bottom shelf.
**On the table are the 2 jars of Psychomagnotheric Slime from Ghostbusters II.
**The gear near the slime jars and on the other table are from
**Peter refers to the Aha! Moment (aka Eureka Effect) from detective shows.
**In panel 3, next to the box on the self is:
***Ben Cooper The Real Ghostbusters Egon mask
***Slime Blower gun
***Winston's mask from start of "Halloween II 1/2"
**The box Egon digs through references Playmobil.
**Egon gets out a Remote Portal Access Band from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters Volume 2.
*Page 26
**Ron alludes to his Ghost Attractant from Annual 2017.
**Winston's threat is similar to Lou's reaction to the attractant in Annual 2017.
*Page 27
**In panel 2, Winston's mechanic suit is visually based on his animated counterpart's uniform.
***He used this suit in Volume 1 #13.
**In panel 4, in Winston's locker are:
***A baseball cap with the logo of Good's team from The Real Ghostbusters "Night Game".
***A baseball and catcher's mitt, a nod to his love of the sport.
*Page 28
**In panel 1, in the background, is the Twin Towers.
**Egon alludes to the two Statues of Liberty that appeared in Ghostbusters 101 #3.
**Winston mentions the Mayor.
**Winston alludes to when they animated the Statue of Liberty in Ghostbusters II.
**Egon's friend from Volume 1 #4 and #15 once again transports them via helicopter.
**Peter pronounces Samhain correctly.
*Page 29
**Kylie jokes about Rumplestiltskin. In similar fashion, he was defeated when his name was discovered.
**Kylie mentions the Scottish warrior half-god, Cuchullain.
**In panel 4, the toy plane is based on the Skeleton Pilot Ghost from The Real Ghostbusters Pilot and Milton Bradley board game.
*Page 30
**Ron brings up Ray's bad math skills.
**The ghosts emerging from the mist is similar to the mist in the Times Square battle of the 2016 Movie.
**Once again, the ghosts are based on Samhain's Midnight Army.
*Page 31
**In panel 1 are:
***The two 'Zone Dweebies' goblins in their car from The Real Ghostbusters "When Halloween Was Forever".
***Caterpillar Ghost from The Real Ghostbusters intro.
***Zunk, Snarg, and Slug from The Real Ghostbusters "Ghosts R Us".
***Big with Mean Teeth Ghost from The Real Ghostbusters intro.
***Toy Ghost, first form, from The Real Ghostbusters "Ghosts R Us".
***Sleeping Ghost, when it first woke, from The Real Ghostbusters "Take Two".
***Eye Visor Ghost from The Real Ghostbusters intro.
***Horizontal Grin Ghost from The Real Ghostbusters intro.
***Samhain's 2 Goblins from The Real Ghostbusters.
*Page 32
**Peter once again yells Dah!
*Page 35
**In panel 2 is a last ghost from the end of "When Halloween Was Forever" when they look for Samhain in the Containment Unit, it is the last ghost but originally pink.
**In panel 3 are:
***Three ghosts from the Kenner Classic Hero figures: Grabber Ghost from Peter, Wrapper Ghost from Ray, and Chomper Ghost from Winston.
***On the right are Samhain's 2 Goblins.
***On the right is the Gulper Ghost from Classic Hero Egon.
***A version of the Gulper Ghost was released by Egon in Ghostbusters International #7.
*Page 36
**In panel 1, on the left are:
***Tombstone Tackle
***Gulper Ghost
***Wrapper Ghost
**In panel 1, in the top middle are a quartet of ghosts from ?
**In panel 1, on the right are:
***X-Cop,
***Terror Trash
***Hard Hat Horror
***Pull Speed Ahead Ghost with its T-Stick Ghost
***The two Mini-Traps
***Fearsome Flush
***Brain Blaster Ghost
***Mini-Shooter Boo-Zooka?
***Bad-To-The-Bone Ghost
**In panel 2 are the two Pallo Mansion Ghosts in their powered up forms.
**In panel 2 is the garbage can with teeth from "Mr. Sandman, Dream Me a Dream".
**In panel 3 and 4, on the right is the Santa hat wearing beast from "Mr. Sandman, Dream Me a Dream".
**In panel 3 and 4, on the left is Skelevision from Filmation Ghostbusters. It resided in the offices of Ghost Command and broadcast reports and announcements as well as the moral of the episode.
*Page 37
**RGB Peter brings up Holtzmann's visual likeness to his Egon.
**The ghost above Holtzmann's who is from the end of The Real Ghostbusters episode "Venkman's Ghost Repellers". It's one of the ghosts harassing Peter's dad.
**The bulldog-pufferfish ghost is from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Mr. Sandman, Dream Me a Dream".
**The orange winged ghost is also from "Mr. Sandman, Dream Me a Dream".
**Above Patty's left shoulder is the fish headed ghost from "Mr. Sandman, Dream Me a Dream".
*Page 38
**In panel 1 is Dr. Kruger from the Answer The Call mini-series.
**Holtzmann refers to Ron as Inspector Gadget, a DiC animated property, who have similar hairstyles.
**The Ghostbusturtles were originally going to cameo but it was not approved. Burnham thought about a silverback gorilla but nixed it and Mike the Golem was created.
**In panel 3, RGB Slimer makes a cameo in a pumpking shape like in The Real Ghostbusters episode "The Halloween Door".
**In panel 4, the horned ghost is ? Lord of Darkness from "Legend" (1985)?
*Page 39
**In panel 4, it is now clear 26 Ghostbusters participated in the bust.
***The 4 Prime Ghostbusters
***The 4 Real Ghostbusters
***The 4 Extreme Ghostbusters
***The 4 Sanctum of Slime Ghostbusters
***The 4 Chicago Ghostbusters
***The 4 Answer The Call Ghostbusters
***Kylie
***Mike
*Page 40
**In panel 1, the coffee chain Pequod's appears.
**In panel 1, next to Pequod's is Dick's Pizza. A pizza chain that first appeared in Volume 1 #13.
**In panel 2, the Ghost Smashers' logo appears on Ron's hat.
**In panel 2, in the frame is classic art depicting Anzu from Mesopotamian myth, a bird-like sky god.
**Holtzmann alludes to her counterpart, Special Agent Holtzmann of the FBI Boston Field Office. Melanie introduced the two over her cell phone in Ghostbusters 101 #6.
**Holtzmann's civies are from Chapter 13 of the 2016 movie when possessed Abby tried to throw her out the window.
**In panel 4 are two frames of Moby Dick. A ghost based on it was trapped by Holtzmann in Ghostbusters 101 #5.
**Holtzmann fell in love with the Interspatial Teleportation Unit in Ghostbusters 101 #3. In Ghostbusters 101 #6, she hinted to Ray she would build her own.
*Page 47
**The NC Comic Con ad re-uses art of the Ghostbusters from the back cover of the Volume 4 trade paperback.

To Be Identified

1. Page 1: Murdock is visually based on ?

2. Page 7: In panel 5, the woman and man are visually based on ?

3. Page 8: The portly worker in red and slim worker in green appear to be nods to Nintendo characters Mario and Luigi?

4. Page 9: In panel 1, on the April slot of Employee of the Month board, RGB Peter from ?

5. Page 9: In panel 1, the middle arcade is.

6. Page 9: In panel 3, the art above Samhain in the book is

7. Page 9: In panel 5, the paper on the cork board is

8. Page 12: In panel 1, Lagerfeld's is a reference to fashion designer?

9. Page 24: The helmet Kylie is wearing is from

10. Page 25: The gear near the slime jars and on the other table are from

11. Page 36: In panel 1, in the top middle are a quartet of ghosts from ?

12. Page 36: In panel 1, on the left of X-Cop is Sleeping Ghost?

13. Page 38: In panel 4, the horned ghost is ? Lord of Darkness?
EDIT: Virtual Trading Card #6 is Melanie Ortiz.
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 0377241601

Tom posted a colored panel from Crossing Over. Something tells me that ain't Dana.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/971815253448077313

The IDW Sandman was meant to be read with Phil Hartman's oiliest voice in your head.
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 3432690689
Last edited by mrmichaelt on March 14th, 2018, 10:37 pm, edited 8 times in total.
*NormalGamer* liked this
By robbritton
ANNUAL 2018

Main Story
For the most part, one of the best Ghostbusters comics ever. Well, worth the wait. And a lot to digest.

Interesting twist with the ghost. Basically, the Scottish myth Connla co-opting the festival of Samhain to permanently open the veil to the other side.

Damn. If Ron just showed up in time for recertification, the hassle of Crossing Over would never have happened -- no wait, he still would have seen all the AU teams at the end when Egon brought the Chicago GBs along. It was nice to see Jenny and Ron interact. Feels like that hasn't happened in a long time. Maybe not since Hart Island? Just absolutely loved Ray and Egon ribbing Ron hard this entire issue. Laughed so hard when Connla punched Ron then Ray and Egon talked about it. The best!

I was happy with the amount and length of busts in this annual. Grand Central -- damn Egon blew up his freaking head! That's was an amazing visual. Just occurred to me if Ron and the rest of the Chicago GB have atomizing streams on their packs and use it in Chicago, how the heck don't they have their own PCOC in Chicago by now -- if the huge mess in Grand Central is any indication of the stuff Ron leaves behind?

I did love how this annual also suddenly became a feature role for Kylie. Out on the bust, having a precognitive episode, bit of back story about her great grand dad, having her Aha! moment, sleuthing at Ray's Occult with clues observed at the prior bust, figuring out the ghost was Connla and trapping him, side by side with EGB Kylie. Very nice. And they mystery angle of her figuring it out was pretty well done, an 'extended' look at the research side of things I suppose.

The only gripe I guess is -- and I totally understand the progression that led to it and how it sets up the next arc -- Egon resorting to bringing in other teams to save the prime team instead of the prime team dealing with it themselves. I guess they never dealt with an island melee with rapidly multiplying ghosts and nothing they really have could have contained them all. And it's kind of odd with all this dimension traveling, there's no god or gods out there not liking there's some mortals mucking around with powers like theirs...

I was relieved when Ron hinted Samhain/Halloween was still weeks away. Continuity preserved. I was a little worried about overlap with Melanie's Salem Museum case that involved Peter and Kylie. It's good to know a ball park figure of them being in late September/early October.
Looking Ahead
Once the dust is settled with the last issue of Crossing Over, I don't see how Ron will still be employed as a Ghostbuster. He's clearly the kind of static character who will never learn his lesson or grow a conscience. Ray called him out on his b.s. before they went into Grand Central and it fell upon deaf ears.

When their portal goes online, I bet the initial story will be they accidentally releases ghosts from Containment Unit(s) and that's the first half but the big bad comes around and hijacks the portal for something even worse.

Yeah, I'm apprehensive going into another crossover arc but it feels like the culmination of not only the post-Mass Hysteria comics but Erik's run as well and that's worth looking forward to. But at the same time, got a bad feeling something terrible will happen to someone in the cast though I can't imagine something worse than what Tiamat did to Winston.
Easter Eggs so Far
*Cover A
**The Halloween decorations on the Firehouse are based on the ones seen in The Real Ghostbusters episode "Halloween II 1/2".
**The hands grasping the Moon is a nod to Disney's "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow".
***The nod was also seen in Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #9 on page 16.
*Cover B
**Between Egon and Janine is Kenner's Bad-To-The-Bone Ghost.
**Janine is in her New Ghostbusters flight suit and blows a bubblegum bubble like her animated counterpart.
**Kylie is wearing an orange jacket like Peter's in the first movie.
**Kylie also wears Kenner's Ecto-Goggles and Ecto-Popper.
**To Kylie's left is Pagan.
**Between Kylie and Peter are Ray, Melanie, and Winston in the gray flightsuits and each has a Slime Blower.
***Melanie was last seen in a gray flightsuit on the Volume 2 Issue #10 Regular Cover.
**Slimer appears at the bottom between Samhain's 2 Goblins from The Real Ghostbusters.
*Dramatis Personae
**Ron Alexander has a new biography.
***Mentioned are:
****Walter Peck
****Chicago Ghostbusters
****Ghost Smashers
*What Came Before
**Past events mentioned are:
***Ghostbusters International
****Hell and Jenny Moran are mentioned.
****Loftur and Rauoskinna are alluded to.
***Ghostbusters 101
***Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters Volume 2
****The Turtles are alluded to.
****The Collectors are mentioned.
**It is revealed Peter's Ghostbusters 101 fantasy camp raked in a fortune.
*Page 1
**Murdock is visually based on ?
**Water Tunnel No. 3 is the largest capital construction project in New York City history.
*Page 2
**In panel 3, carved atop the pedestal is the Wheel of the Year. One circle represents life and the other represents death. Joined, they become infinity.
***In The Real Ghostbusters, Samhain's goblins released him with the symbol.
**A powerful paranormal event caused by an unwitting construction worker is similar to the episodes "Knock, Knock" of The Real Ghostbusters and "Darkness at Noon" in Extreme Ghostbusters.
*Page 3
**Ray mentions there were plenty of accidents in the Water Tunnel. Historically, there have been 24 construction-related deaths in Water Tunnel No. 3 but none since 1997.
**The Ghostbusters are in their construction outfits from the 2015 Annual, based on the ones seen in Ghostbusters II.
*Page 4
**Ray attempts to communicate with Samhain much like Gozer in the first movie.
*Page 5
**Samhain refers to the power in a name. In mythology, knowing the name of a magical creature meant having control over it. An example of this is Rumplestiltskin.
*Page 7
**Peter does his "Dah!" from the first movie.
**In panel 5, the woman and man are visually based on ?
*Page 8
**Peter refers to the ghost as "Great Pumpkin," a nod to the Charlie Brown Halloween special "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown".
**The portly worker insists they have a schedule to keep. In reality, the tunnel started work in 1997 and is slated to finish in 2020.
*Page 9
**In panel 1, the microwave from Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Realistic Versions) is on the left.
**Jenny alludes to 'home' - implying Ray might have his own home or apartment.
**In panel 1, Luis Delgado's 15 easter egg appears on the Days since last incident sign from Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Realistic Versions).
**In panel 1, on the Employee of the Month board from Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Realistic Versions) are:
***April: Peter from Issue #
***May: Peter from Issue #
***August: Peter from Issue #
***September: The Real Ghostbusters Peter from Get Real Issue #
***October:
**In panel 1, two arcades are visible:
***The left arcade is Scary House is based on Midway's 1972 Haunted House arcade.
***The middle arcade is
**In panel 2, the Mercury poster from Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Realistic Versions) appears.
**Jenny has a copy of "A Book of Pagan Rituals," an actual book from 1978 by Herman Slater. It was a collection of rituals, practices, and exercises drawn from ancient sources.
**In panel 2, the art posted on the refrigerator is
**In panel 2, on top of refrigerator is the bowl of candy from the start of The Real Ghostbuster episode "Halloween II 1/2".
***It appeared in Peck's office in Volume 1 #15.
**The drawing of Samhain in the book is from Extreme Ghostbusters' Intro sequence.
**The other art in the book is
**Ray mentions the festival of Samhain. It takes place the evening of October 31 to the evening of November 1.
**In panel 4, Ray looks at "The Old Book of Magic," an actual book from 1918 by Lauron William De Lawrence. It was a precise history of magic, its procedure, rites, and mysteries contained in ancient manuscripts and embellished engravings of charms and talismans.
**Ray mentions how the druids never wrote anything down. They passed things down orally.
**In panel 5, on the floor is Hohman's Black Low-Rise from where it goes after Rookie collects it in Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Realistic Versions) .
**In panel 5, by the Hohman's is the washtub used in The Real Ghostbusters episode "The Magnificent Five".
**In panel 5, atop the microwave is UFO Pizza from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987) episode "The Case of the Killer Pizzas".
**In panel 5, left of the microwave is
**In panel 5, the paper on the cork board is
*Page 10
**Ron mentions the Containment Unit.
**In panel 2, on the billiards table is the Toaster of Sights Unseen after Rookie collects it
**In panel 5, right of Jenny on the counter is
**Ray alludes to the pardon Walter Peck arranged for Ron so he could leave Rikers and join the New Ghostbusters in Volume 2 Issue #2.
**In panel 5, Ron is holding an 8-ball - a nod to the "Be the Ball" mantra from "Caddyshack" featuring Chevy Chase whom he's visually based on.
*Page 11
**In panel 1 is a recreation of a scene from Ghostbusters Chapter 11 "We Got One!" after Janine gets the call from the Sedgewick.
**In panel 3, the Stay Puft packet on the dash is
**Ron has been interested in the Interspatial Teleportation Unit since Annual 2015.
**Ron brings up the Chicago Ghostbusters.
**Ron's badge is the logo of his defunct Ghost Smashers.
*Page 12
**In panel 1, Lagerfeld's is a reference to
**In panel 1, Rambeau's is a reference to
**Kylie uses the P.K.E. Meter visually based on the Extreme Ghostbusters version. She first used it in Volume 2 of the ongoing series.
**In panel 5, Ray stands by the East 42nd Street and Park Avenue signs where Grand Central is located.
**In panel 5, Manhattan City Bank from the first movie is a stand-in for TD Bank.
**Ray's 'We have a date with a ghost' line is similar to Peter's line to the crowd as they prepare to go into 550 Central Park West in the first movie.
*Page 13
**Kylie alludes to the events of Ghostbusters 101.
**Kylie mentions PCOC.
**Kylie reveals a new protocol named Code Dan, a nod to Dan Schoening.
*Page 14
**Ray brings up Peter's tendency to name things and people.
**Ron tells Ray he's not pronouncing Samhain right, as was the case in The Real Ghostbusters.
**Ron mentions they are weeks away from Halloween.
*Page 20
**Ron uses the higher setting on the Particle Thrower to atomize Connla. This feature was confirmed in the 101 Class Notes in Ghostbusters 101 #4.
**Ron calls Kylie by the "Spooky" nickname he gave her in Volume 2 Issue #4 page 15 panel 3.
**Ray mentions Walter Peck.
*Page 21
**Egon has the P.K.E. Meter from The Real Ghostbusters.
**The ghosts are visually based on Samhain's Midnight Army in The Real Ghostbusters episode "When Halloween Was Forever".
*Page 22
**In panel 1 are several ghosts from The Real Ghostbusters Pilot/Intro:
***Caterpillar Ghost
***Eye Visor Ghost
***Horizontal Grin Ghost
**Winston mentions fictional detective Hercule Poirot.
**Kylie mentions Sherlock Holmes.
**In panel 2, the ghost snagged is one of the blue goblins that chased the Junior Ghostbusters in The Real Ghostbusters episode "Halloween II 1/2".
**Ray mentions Dupin or C. Auguste Dupin from Edgar Allan Poe's "The Murders in the Rue Morgue".
*Page 23
**In panel 4, Kylie wakes up in the Ray's Occult office - the first time it has appeared.
**In panel 4, on the cardboard box is Luis Delgado's 15 easter egg.
**In panel 4, on the book shelves are "Ghosts Walk Among Us" and "Government Cover Up: Ghosts" - two books Kylie had in her stack near the end of the Extreme Ghostbusters episode "Darkness at Noon, Part One".
*Page 24
**The helmet Kylie is wearing is from
**In panel 2, on the Post It note on the left is
**Egon's line about taking dreams seriously dates back to Ray's dream in Volume 1 #1.
**In panel 4, Peter's toy is based on the gold car his animated counterpart dreamed of in The Real Ghostbusters episode "Mr. Sandman, Dream Me a Dream".
**Janine's top is based on her animated counterpart's.
**Peter alludes to the events of Volume 2 #3 and #5-6 with the Draugar.
*Page 25
**In panel 1, the Dimensional Inverter part from The Real Ghostbusters episode "When Halloween Was Forever" is in its usual place on the bottom shelf.
**On the table are the 2 jars of Psychomagnotheric Slime from Ghostbusters II.
**The gear near the slime jars and on the other table are from
**Peter refers to the Aha! Moment (aka Eureka Effect) from detective shows.
**In panel 3, next to the box on the self is
**The box Egon digs through references Playmobil.
**Egon gets out a Remote Portal Access Band from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters Volume 2.
*Page 26
**Ron alludes to his Ghost Attractant from Annual 2017.
**Winston's threat is similar to Lou's reaction to the attractant in Annual 2017.
*Page 27
**In panel 2, Winston's mechanic suit is visually based on his animated counterpart's uniform.
***He used this suit in Volume 1 #13.
**In panel 4, in Winston's locker are:
***A baseball cap with the logo of Good's team from The Real Ghostbusters "Night Game".
***A baseball and catcher's mitt, a nod to his love of the sport.
*Page 28
**In panel 1, in the background, is the Twin Towers.
**Egon alludes to the two Statues of Liberty that appeared in Ghostbusters 101 #3.
**Winston mentions the Mayor.
**Winston alludes to when they animated the Statue of Liberty in Ghostbusters II.
**Egon's friend from Volume 1 #4 and #15 once again transports them via helicopter.
**Peter pronounces Samhain correctly.
*Page 29
**Kylie jokes about Rumplestiltskin. In similar fashion, he was defeated when his name was discovered.
**Kylie mentions the Scottish warrior half-god, Cuchullain.
**In panel 4, the toy plane is based on the Skeleton Pilot Ghost from The Real Ghostbusters Pilot and Milton Bradley board game.
*Page 30
**Ron brings up Ray's bad math skills.
**The ghosts emerging from the mist is similar to the mist in the Times Square battle of the 2016 Movie.
**Once again, the ghosts are based on Samhain's Midnight Army.
*Page 31
**In panel 1 are:
***The two 'Zone Dweebies' in their car from The Real Ghostbusters "Halloween II 1/2".
***Caterpillar Ghost from The Real Ghostbusters intro.
***Zunk, Snarg, and Slug from The Real Ghostbusters "Ghosts R Us".
***Big with Mean Teeth Ghost from The Real Ghostbusters intro.
***Toy Ghost, first form, from The Real Ghostbusters "Ghosts R Us".
***Sleeping Ghost, when it first woke, from The Real Ghostbusters "Take Two".
***Eye Visor Ghost from The Real Ghostbusters intro.
***Horizontal Grin Ghost from The Real Ghostbusters intro.
***Samhain's 2 Goblins from The Real Ghostbusters.
*Page 32
**Peter once again yells Dah!
*Page 35
**In panel 2 is a ghost from the Kenner Ecto-Plazm?
**In panel 3 are:
***Three ghosts from the Kenner Classic Hero figures: Grabber Ghost from Peter, Wrapper Ghost from Ray, and Chomper Ghost from Winston.
***On the right are Samhain's 2 Gobins.
***On the right is the Gulper Ghost from Classic Hero Egon.
***A version of the Gulper Ghost was released by Egon in Ghostbusters International #7.
*Page 36
**In panel 1, on the left are:
***Tombstone Tackle
***Gulper Ghost
***Wrapper Ghost
**In panel 1, in the top middle are a quartet of ghosts from ?
**In panel 1, on the right are:
***X-Cop,
***Terror Trash
***Hard Hat Horror
***Pull Speed Ahead Ghost with its T-Stick Ghost
***The two Mini-Traps
***Fearsome Flush
***Brain Blaster Ghost
***Bad-To-The-Bone Ghost
**In panel 2 are the two Pallo Mansion Ghosts in their powered up forms.
**In panel 3 and 4, on the left is Skelevision from Filmation Ghostbusters. It resided in the offices of Ghost Command and broadcast reports and announcements as well as the moral of the episode.
*Page 37
**RGB Peter brings up Holtzmann's visual likeness to his Egon.
**The ghost above Holtzmann's who is from the end of The Real Ghostbusters episode "Venkman's Ghost Repellers". It's one of the ghosts harassing Peter's dad.
**The bulldog-pufferfish ghost is from The Real Ghostbusters episode ?
*Page 38
**In panel 1 is Dr. Kruger from the Answer The Call mini-series.
**Holtzmann refers to Ron as Inspector Gadget, a DiC animated property, who have similar hairstyles.
**The Ghostbusturtles were originally going to cameo but it was not approved. Burnham thought about a silverback gorilla but nixed it and Mike the Golem was created.
**In panel 3, RGB Slimer makes a cameo in a pumpking shape like in The Real Ghostbusters episode "The Halloween Door".
**In panel 4, the horned ghost is ?
*Page 39
**In panel 4, it is now clear 26 Ghostbusters participated in the bust.
***The 4 Prime Ghostbusters
***The 4 Real Ghostbusters
***The 4 Extreme Ghostbusters
***The 4 Sanctum of Slime Ghostbusters
***The 4 Chicago Ghostbusters
***The 4 Answer The Call Ghostbusters
***Kylie
***Mike
*Page 40
**In panel 1, the coffee chain Pequod's appears.
**In panel 1, next to Pequod's is Dick's Pizza. A pizza chain that first appeared in Volume 1 #13.
**In panel 2, the Ghost Smashers' logo appears on Ron's hat.
**In panel 2, in the frame is classic art depicting Anzu from Mesopotamian myth, a bird-like sky god.
**Holtzmann alludes to her counterpart, Special Agent Holtzmann of the FBI Boston Field Office. Melanie introduced the two over her cell phone in Ghostbusters 101 #6.
**Holtzmann's civies are from Chapter 13 of the 2016 movie when possessed Abby tried to throw her out the window.
**In panel 4 are two frames of Moby Dick. A ghost based on it was trapped by Holtzmann in Ghostbusters 101 #5.
**Holtzmann fell in love with the Interspatial Teleportation Unit in Ghostbusters 101 #3. In Ghostbusters 101 #6, she hinted to Ray she would build her own.
*Page 47
**The NC Comic Con ad re-uses art of the Ghostbusters from the back cover of the Volume 4 trade paperback.

To Be Identified

1. Page 1: Murdock is visually based on ?

2. Page 7: In panel 5, the woman and man are visually based on ?

3. Page 9: In panel 1, on the Employee of the Month board

4. Page 9: In panel 1, the middle arcade is.

5. Page 9: In panel 2, the art posted on the refrigerator is

6. Page 9: In panel 3, the other art in the book by Samhain are from

7. Page 9: In panel 5, left of the microwave is

8. Page 9: In panel 5, the paper on the cork board is

9. Page 10: In panel 5, right of Jenny on the counter is

10. Page 11: In panel 3, the Stay Puft packet on the dash is

11. Page 12: In panel 1, Lagerfeld's and Rambeau's are a reference to

12. Page 24: The helmet Kylie is wearing is from

13. Page 24: In panel 2, on the Post It note on the left is

14. Page 25: The gear near the slime jars and on the other table are from

15. Page 25: In panel 3, next to the box on the self is

16. Page 35: In panel 2 is a ghost from the Kenner Ecto-Plazm?

17. Page 36: In panel 1, in the top middle are a quartet of ghosts from ?

18. Page 36: In panel 1, on the left of X-Cop is Sleeping Ghost?

19. Page 37: The bulldog-pufferfish ghost is from The Real Ghostbusters episode ?

20. Page 38: In panel 4, the horned ghost is ?
EDIT: Virtual Trading Card #6 is Melanie Ortiz.
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 0377241601

Tom posted a colored panel from Crossing Over. Something tells me that ain't Dana.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/971815253448077313

The IDW Sandman was meant to be read with Phil Hartman's oiliest voice in your head.
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 3432690689
The gear on the shelf next to the box on page 25 appears to be
at least in part one of the old Ben Cooper RGB Egon kids masks, as seen here: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/113997434297626345/ ! Can’t speak for the other bits, though. Oh, arguably the two moustachioed workers on page 8 could be a nod to Mario and Luigi, given their relative builds and colour coding!
When you say
the end of Erik’s run, have I missed news that he’s leaving the series? That’d be heartbreaking! Oh, and thanks for clearing up the golem, I thought I was losing my marbles!
By mrmichaelt
The gear on the shelf next to the box on page 25 appears to be
at least in part one of the old Ben Cooper RGB Egon kids masks, as seen here: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/113997434297626345/ ! Can’t speak for the other bits, though. Oh, arguably the two moustachioed workers on page 8 could be a nod to Mario and Luigi, given their relative builds and colour coding!
That looks like the mask alright. Nice catch man! I'm 99% that's a spare Slime Blower gun right behind the mask but that blue thing right of 'em, I got nothing. OMG, it so can be a Mario and Luigi nod. lol.
When you say
the end of Erik’s run, have I missed news that he’s leaving the series? That’d be heartbreaking! Oh, and thanks for clearing up the golem, I thought I was losing my marbles!
Nah, just meant, it all seems Erik's run was heading to this big interdimensional crossover from the start. Friday marks 7 years since Erik's first comic was released - Ghostbusters Infestation #1 which was <drum roll> an interdimensional crossover but just the villain Britt across several properties. Feels like whatever the next arc after Crossed Over, Erik will be starting a new through line. But I could be reaching. heh.
By robbritton
Aha! Phew, as long as he’s not going anywhere for the foreseeable!

Of course, there is still another mystery:
where on Earth is Ray sitting in the helicopter?!

Oh! While I’m at it, the puffer fish/bulldog ghost is from the nightmare march in ‘Mr. Sandman dream me a dream!’ Just now watched it with my son!
By Sayscalled
I'm thinking the majority of RGB style ghosts at Liberty Island, may be a nod to Samhain originating from the RGB cartoon.

"Code Dan"... Schoening or Aykroyd?

Still wishing for a Holtzy/RGB Egon exchange regarding hairstyle. Can't believe Crossing Over starts next week. So psyched!
By mrmichaelt
Of course, there is still another mystery:
where on Earth is Ray sitting in the helicopter?!
Oh. My mind just assumed he was sitting directly behind Egon's still-not-named-pilot-friend. Hmm.
Oh! While I’m at it, the puffer fish/bulldog ghost is from the nightmare march in ‘Mr. Sandman dream me a dream!’ Just now watched it with my son!
Thanks!
I noticed there's a few more of those dream by-product ghosts. On the same page as the puffer, that orange winged one to its right and the purple fish head above Patty's shoulder. Then the page before, there's the trash can with teeth in panel 2 on the left and the Santa hat beast in panel 3 on the right.
I'm thinking the majority of RGB style ghosts at Liberty Island, may be a nod to Samhain originating from the RGB cartoon.
Yes. Majority of Samhain's Midnight Army in "When Halloween was Forever" but sprinkles of minor ghosts from seemingly random episodes, lots of Kenner toy ghosts, an ATC nod, a Filmation nod
Inside joke between Erik and Dan. Scripting an empty terminal scene means less background people for Dan to draw, therefore, a happier Dan.
Still wishing for a Holtzy/RGB Egon exchange regarding hairstyle. Can't believe Crossing Over starts next week. So psyched!
First world problems, but doesn't leave much time to ponder and decompress.

EDIT: Preview of Crossing Over #1 by Spook Central should be up Saturday.
Sayscalled, robbritton liked this
By Sayscalled
Inside joke between Erik and Dan. Scripting an empty terminal scene means less background people for Dan to draw, therefore, a happier Dan.

Thought Dapper Dan was the origin. It seems a lot funnier now. Thanks.
mrmichaelt liked this
By Fritz
Annual 2018 (#3)
Liked the big role for Kylie. She's the one who figures out who the baddie is. She meets the original version of herself briefly near the end, though not much is done with it.

Erik Burnham once again gave us a great opponent drawn from real world mythology; it's not exactly like the more familiar Samhain from legendary animated episodes, but it's very well done.

And as always, Dan Schoening and Louis Delgado give us some utterly spectacular artwork. I realize I spend a lot of my time lately complaining about the storylines, and want to throw a shout out to these guys, who are always excellent.

The way the dimensional portal is handled this issue almost gives me some hope that maybe it really will be smashed at the end of "Crossing Over". It's not much of a spoiler that it becomes a bone of contention between the New York team and Ron "And You're Not" Alexander. But as part of the set up, I couldn't help but get a feeling that it's making the Ghostbusters lazy. "Oh, we can't figure out how to take out Samhain--we'll just call up an army of Ghostbusters from other dimension and blast him into submission."

I''m hoping that feeling is intentional. I don't really get into the "There Are Things Man Was Not Meant To Know" trope, but from the standpoint of wanting to read more stories about four men and a woman dealing with ghost problems, constant stories of interdimensional travel and guest stars are getting far afield.

And Holtzmann, by the way, got a huge laugh out of me for calling Ron "Inspector Gadget".
Crossing Over preview:
Pretty much what we'd already expected, though I did find the note from IDW Ray about "comparing notes" with the RGB Ghostbusters about the possibility of the Containment Unit being a pocket dimension--which in the animated universe, is definitely the case per "X-Mas Marks The Spot", Slimer's Sacrifice", etc.
And for all the lateness that the IDW GB line has had to date, I have to note that Crossing Over #1 is actually going to be two weeks early.
By mrmichaelt
Virtual Trading Card 7 is Erin.
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 2180988928

Nice touch making her a Sc.D instead of a Ph.D. A Doctor of Science means you went above and beyond in your doctoral work. And a perfectionist like Erin getting it makes total sense.
The way the dimensional portal is handled this issue almost gives me some hope that maybe it really will be smashed at the end of "Crossing Over". It's not much of a spoiler that it becomes a bone of contention between the New York team and Ron "And You're Not" Alexander. But as part of the set up, I couldn't help but get a feeling that it's making the Ghostbusters lazy. "Oh, we can't figure out how to take out Samhain--we'll just call up an army of Ghostbusters from other dimension and blast him into submission."
If I hadn't know about the 'prelude' set for end of the annual and if that scene of Egon taking an access band out the box didn't exist, I would have suspected that as I read the scene of them surrounded on Liberty Island, the 4 prime GBs would have pulled out Trap-Gates from inside their coveralls and sent the ghosts into the Containment Unit.

And on that note, really?! Stashing a Remote Portal Access Band in a cardboard box?! These guys haven't heard of safes?
*NormalGamer* liked this
New Diamond Select Figures

Speaking of Shartimus: http://thefwoosh.com/forum[…]

RGB Fan Game

Lol, I forgot I left the bookcase in the test file[…]

Maybe it's late for provide you this info but the […]

Hello Evlares, your spirit pack mods are fantastic[…]