By JP Jones
Not having to much luck finding a shell to start my PKE build. Is there anyone that makes them? Thanks in advance!
By slicerd1
There does appear to be a bit of a void in the market right now. There are a few 3d model and while some a pretty good none of them are super accurate. You could always go buy an IONA shell and modify but it's a ton of work.

Personally I have a Matty PKE but since they are now $300+ I want a backup so I am using my mine to design a reasonably accurate 3d model for printing. But I am at least a few weeks from being done there.

I think Benofkent is working on a kit but I havent seen any details on when that might hit the market.
By grogking
I would be willing to design an accurate shell if someone could provide the correct measurements. I'm having a hard time finding them.
By JP Jones
slicerd1 wrote:There does appear to be a bit of a void in the market right now. There are a few 3d model and while some a pretty good none of them are super accurate. You could always go buy an IONA shell and modify but it's a ton of work.

Personally I have a Matty PKE but since they are now $300+ I want a backup so I am using my mine to design a reasonably accurate 3d model for printing. But I am at least a few weeks from being done there.

I think Benofkent is working on a kit but I havent seen any details on when that might hit the market.
Unfortunately the Iona polisher is an easy $50, by the time your done, might as well have bought a Matty. How is the matty?
By slicerd1
Yeah IONA is not cheap and then you still have electronics and heavy modification to do. Matty is pretty nice, I was talking to a fellow local buster who has been using his heavily since purchase and it's still going strong. For the original price the Matty was a steal but I personally can't justify the current $300 tag, I felt like I spent too much at $125 but looking back I got a pretty good deal.

Honestly even if new kits are released they will probably be in the $100-$200 range.

I'm still working on my model. Moving onto wings then gutting the whole thing soon. I will eventually add to thingiverse but it will likely be another month or two.

CountDeMonet, Kingpin liked this
By JP Jones
slicerd1 wrote:Yeah IONA is not cheap and then you still have electronics and heavy modification to do. Matty is pretty nice, I was talking to a fellow local buster who has been using his heavily since purchase and it's still going strong. For the original price the Matty was a steal but I personally can't justify the current $300 tag, I felt like I spent too much at $125 but looking back I got a pretty good deal.

Honestly even if new kits are released they will probably be in the $100-$200 range.

I'm still working on my model. Moving onto wings then gutting the whole thing soon. I will eventually add to thingiverse but it will likely be another month or two.

That looks and sounds great! I will wait patiently, maybe work on an electronics kit, that would be cheaper!
By WShawn
This thread:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=41040

Includes photos of a run of shells I did a few years ago. I've sold a few pairs of these to others on this forum. They aren't perfect but they're usable.

I'm currently working (slowly) to finalize Arduino code and components to drive the servos, lights, and authentic PKE sound effects. Once we have that working I want to make a run of PCB boards and create new moulds and casts of my Iona master with an eye towards possibly offering kits. I'm hoping to get things together sometime in the summer, but it depends on what the workload is with my business.

Shawn
By Lempo
WShawn wrote:This thread:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=41040

Includes photos of a run of shells I did a few years ago. I've sold a few pairs of these to others on this forum. They aren't perfect but they're usable.

I'm currently working (slowly) to finalize Arduino code and components to drive the servos, lights, and authentic PKE sound effects. Once we have that working I want to make a run of PCB boards and create new moulds and casts of my Iona master with an eye towards possibly offering kits. I'm hoping to get things together sometime in the summer, but it depends on what the workload is with my business.

Shawn
I'm interested

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]