By themikereda
Hey everyone, this may seem like a strange request, but does anyone here know of any additional parts that we could buy to continue to mod the Spirit packs?

Specifically I'm looking for a crank knob and the blue injector tube connector. I know these parts exist here on GBFans but they're for a full-sized pack. I'm modding mine to look like the GB1 pack. I bought the 80% scale GB1 ribbon cable and I've painted the crank knob but I just don't really like how it looks, I'd rather replace it with a real knob piece.

Has anyone 3D printed any parts like this? I don't have access to a 3D printer but I'd happily pay someone to print a piece like this. Thanks!
themikereda wrote:Hey everyone, this may seem like a strange request, but does anyone here know of any additional parts that we could buy to continue to mod the Spirit packs?

Specifically I'm looking for a crank knob and the blue injector tube connector. I know these parts exist here on GBFans but they're for a full-sized pack. I'm modding mine to look like the GB1 pack. I bought the 80% scale GB1 ribbon cable and I've painted the crank knob but I just don't really like how it looks, I'd rather replace it with a real knob piece.

Has anyone 3D printed any parts like this? I don't have access to a 3D printer but I'd happily pay someone to print a piece like this. Thanks!
Good idea! Also id be down for some chromed stickers :)
By themikereda
I'd also love 65% scale thrower trigger tips, or whatever fits the Spirit pack.

These packs can be really great on a budget, and I think if there are more pieces (especially pieces that can be 3D printed and sold) they can be even better!
By CAZAFANTASMA
themikereda wrote:I'd also love 65% scale thrower trigger tips, or whatever fits the Spirit pack.

These packs can be really great on a budget, and I think if there are more pieces (especially pieces that can be 3D printed and sold) they can be even better!
Wow your pack looks great! what size of acrylic tube did you use? Did you install a new crank knob or just painted the one that came in the spirit pack? looking good! :)
By themikereda
Thanks!

I just painted the existing crank knob and it looks pretty good in pictures but I'd prefer to remove that one and replace it with an actual knob. I just can't find any that are at that 80% scale, the full scale knob seems like it would be too big!

And for the acrylic tube, someone else on these forums (apologies, I can't remember who) mentioned using a glitter mixing tube from Joann Fabrics. It was a HUGE pain to install because you really have to carefully remove the pieces of the wand that you wanna keep, and then Dremel the hole big enough to fit the tube. But it was worth it!
By CAZAFANTASMA
Yes it looks great painted. I wonder how we could remove it? Maybe a hot knife would do the trick? I saw one spirit pack with a regular crank knob on youtube and yeah it looks huge!
Did you replace the hose? Mine is really stiff so I was thinking of using a hair drier or a hot glue in low setting to make it more flexible, i've heard that works. :cool:
By themikereda
I was thinking of heating up an X-acto knife and just cutting around it. Obviously it will leave a pretty big hole but theoretically the new crank knob will cover that up nicely.

I didn't actually do anything to the hose. It's super stiff, and is really awkward unless it's in like 2 positions. For the most part I leave this hung up on my wall so I haven't tried heating it. But I've heard a lot of people talk about doing just that.
Reposting because if anyone out there with a 3D printer would be gracious enough to print an 80% scale crank knob and a 60% scale (or whatever would fit) wand tip, I'd happily pay for your time, supplies and shipping! I can't find these items anywhere online and I don't have access to a 3D printer myself.
Ill be finishing up a pack for a friend for the next few weeks, but I'm not opposed to printing some parts out for you after that. Even at .1mm layer height it'll only take about 5 hours to print both pieces, so probably $10+shipping? Shoot me a PM and we can work out the details.
By Kingpin
NotSabbat wrote: July 2nd, 2018, 9:00 pm Ill be finishing up a pack for a friend for the next few weeks, but I'm not opposed to printing some parts out for you after that. Even at .1mm layer height it'll only take about 5 hours to print both pieces, so probably $10+shipping? Shoot me a PM and we can work out the details.
If you're looking to sell items through GBFans, I will have to politely request you look into getting a Supporting Membership, as it is required as part of the selling rules: Link.

Supporting Memberships can either be earned by helping edit the GBFans Wiki, or can be purchased through the Store.
By NotSabbat
Oops. Sorry about that, I wasn't aware. I don't have a plan to really go into business or anything, but I do like the idea of supporting the page and those challenge coins are pretty cool.

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]