Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
mrmichaelt wrote: April 26th, 2018, 5:06 pm VTC #20 is Jenny Moran and a bit of her backstory is revealed.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/989559985767043072
A head for business AND Ray :-P Quite the combo. But in all seriousness, she may not be an accountant, but she IS good with business advice and that's truly great.
mrmichaelt liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: May 1st, 2018, 12:22 am Crossing Over #3 has been again delayed another week to June 6.
Always a price to pay for perks. *sigh* Anyhow, VTC #21 is Kevin B. I like how they've given Mike Hat a role in their HQ and actually made Kev useful as a calming presence, bizarre as that is to think of. And come on, no mention of what kind of relationship he has with Patty? I'll ask.
HauntedWallflower wrote: May 1st, 2018, 2:08 pmI like how they've given Mike Hat a role in their HQ and actually made Kev useful as a calming presence, bizarre as that is to think of.
I guess the fact that he's a service dog, answers how Mike knew to grab the phone for Erin in 101 #2 other than just a gag that he does the desk job better than Kevin.
HauntedWallflower liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: May 9th, 2018, 6:52 pm
HauntedWallflower wrote: May 8th, 2018, 3:00 pmVTC #23 is Gabe from SoS.
Pretty much intact back story from the game. Nice. Another core 4's set of cards finished. Wonder if we might see EGB Kylie or Roland next.
Yeah, i'm very patient waiting for those two; two of my favorite EGB characters. ^_^ They'll come eventually.
mrmichaelt liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: May 10th, 2018, 4:31 pmVTC #24 is another team card, this time the Extreme Ghostbusters.

Beggars can't be choosers but a small part of me wonders why team cards when the info is only going to be repeated in one of Janine's memos at the end of an upcoming issue of Crossing Over.
Guess we should see team cards for other GB teams later; as well as solo cards for the remaining EGB's: Rollie and Ky.

So far we seen team cards for the Saturday morning GB's, The Chicago GB's and now the Extreme GB's; and from reading this latest card, this also confirms that 68-E is the future of 68-R.
Last edited by *NormalGamer* on May 10th, 2018, 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HauntedWallflower liked this
*NormalGamer* wrote: May 10th, 2018, 4:42 pmand now the Extreme GB's; and from reading this latest card, this also confirms that 68-E is the future of 68-R.
Not necessarily. My interpretation is that a version of Extreme Ghostbusters will happen in 68-R just as a version of The Real Ghostbusters took place in 68-E.

A side thought - It would be pretty neat to see Dan try to draw the EGB in the style of RGB.
mrmichaelt wrote: May 10th, 2018, 4:54 pm
*NormalGamer* wrote: May 10th, 2018, 4:42 pmand now the Extreme GB's; and from reading this latest card, this also confirms that 68-E is the future of 68-R.
Not necessarily. My interpretation is that a version of Extreme Ghostbusters will happen in 68-R just as a version of The Real Ghostbusters took place in 68-E.

A side thought - It would be pretty neat to see Dan try to draw the EGB in the style of RGB.
@ *referring to bold*

Hmm... That would be interesting to see.
April sales are in. Crossing Over #2 did 4476 units in sales. A drop of 1704 from #1.
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicss ... 18-04.html
*NormalGamer* wrote: May 10th, 2018, 4:58 pm@ *referring to bold*

Hmm... That would be interesting to see.
Agreed. I remember when I first found Dan's deviantart page, way before he signed on with IDW -- and just being mind blown when I saw that one piece he did that recreated the GB1 scene in the Mayor's office but with the RGB.
*NormalGamer* liked this
mrmichaelt wrote:... I got nothin. A cartoon or a video game?
My longshot guess would be Garfield, but I don't think that's right from stylistic point of view. The background lines breaking around the foreground characters is reminding me of something, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
Heh, definitely a newspaper comic strip. Or something similar. First instinct was to believe it was an Impressionist painting or something.

Anyhow, The 8-bit GBs, Mike the Golem and Robobuster are getting work done. So the 8-bit dimension is 35-N, which obviously has to do with them coming from a Nintendo game. I predict that these guys will have a team card, no individual member ones, cos they're practically identical in backstory to the Primes, which also makes them 2-dimensional blank slates.
HauntedWallflower wrote: May 11th, 2018, 8:58 pm Anyhow, The 8-bit GBs, Mike the Golem and Robobuster are getting work done. So the 8-bit dimension is 35-N, which obviously has to do with them coming from a Nintendo game. I predict that these guys will have a team card, no individual member ones, cos they're practically identical in backstory to the Primes, which also makes them 2-dimensional blank slates.
Heh, the prime GBs caught something that looks like the Gu Mo's Bone Dragon from EGB? lol.

Looking at that trap Robobuster shoots out, I bet they miniaturized the Trap-Gate and outfitted Traps with them to instantly transport the ghosts back into the Containment Unit since they're on a deadline, literally and figuratively.
Yup. It matches the rest of the dimension labeling.

Can I just say, even two issues in, I'm absolutely LOVING this arc?! It's so cool seeing familiar faces paired off with brand new interesting characters and established characters that, in the past, would have had no way of interacting. I wish we could get a second monthly going: keep the Prime team going then have a second series called Ghostbusters: Dimensions or something to differentiate the two dealing it 2-4 issue story arcs or one shots dealing with the different teams we're being introduced to here. I'm really curious about Mike's world.

Actually, I'm kinda curious why the Ghostbusturtles weren't brought in for this.
zeta otaku wrote: May 12th, 2018, 12:41 amActually, I'm kinda curious why the Ghostbusturtles weren't brought in for this.
An in-universe explanation? Hmm. I'd guess because they aren't vetted. At the end of #2, Egon mentioned those were all AU teams they worked with in the past. They never worked a case with the Ghostbusturtles yet, just first contact, so they were off the short list to call for help.
gboy6 wrote: May 11th, 2018, 9:16 pm So is the 35-N is just NES, with the ‘N’ moved to the end?
And I'd bet the Ghostbusters from the stylized versions of The Video Game are from 11-W (Wii with "W" moved to the end).

EDIT: And perhaps the Penguin Hunters are from 59-E (as they're from the anime Tokyo ESP, ESP=59-E).
Last edited by mrmichaelt on May 13th, 2018, 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrmichaelt wrote: May 12th, 2018, 9:49 pm
gboy6 wrote: May 11th, 2018, 9:16 pm So is the 35-N is just NES, with the ‘N’ moved to the end?
And I'd bet the Ghostbusters from the stylized versions of The Video Game are from 11-W (Wii with "W" moved to the end).
That name would be a nice touch for that dimension.
mrmichaelt liked this
HauntedWallflower wrote: May 11th, 2018, 8:58 pm Heh, definitely a newspaper comic strip. Or something similar. First instinct was to believe it was an Impressionist painting or something.

Anyhow, The 8-bit GBs, Mike the Golem and Robobuster are getting work done. So the 8-bit dimension is 35-N, which obviously has to do with them coming from a Nintendo game. I predict that these guys will have a team card, no individual member ones, cos they're practically identical in backstory to the Primes, which also makes them 2-dimensional blank slates.
I have to say I had worried the NES sprites were a gag too far, but look at that beautiful artwork! Colour me convinced! Although I am hankering for some smaller stories, I do really love this multiverse they’ve invented from existing variants. It all seems so fitting to the screwball reality of Ghostbusters, and is making me look more fondly at things I have had for years. There’s a new frisson to playing Ghostbusters 2 on the gameboy now, or watching Slimer! now it’s all canon! (Also love how the very concept of this IDW continuity could be totally contradicted by future films and yet still totally coexist with them - they’d just be another alternate dimension! it’s the world’s first totally secure expanded universe!)
Last edited by robbritton on May 13th, 2018, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]

Matty PKE Question...URGENT

Depending on the price, it might be worth snatchin[…]

I have a full sized spirit pack, and I have the gh[…]

If you need any clarification at all, PM me or […]