By NoLarryOnlyZuul
Hey guys and girls

Has anyone done any good audio upgrade on the spirit packs? I've had mine visually modded for some time now but I'd really like a start-up effect and better fire sound too.

Just seeing what's out there

Thanks!
By CountDeMonet
My Arduino code would be a good start if you are into diy and want lights and sounds sync'd. It uses the adafruit audio fx board. You can easily hook it into audio amps to power as big a speaker as you want.

Just a few options

https://github.com/CountDeMonet/Arduino ... o_Wand.ino

If you don't care about the sync and just want to trigger a few sounds the adafruit board can be used by itself with up to 10 buttons/triggers to play sounds. Nice standalone option.
CountDeMonet wrote:My Arduino code would be a good start if you are into diy and want lights and sounds sync'd. It uses the adafruit audio fx board. You can easily hook it into audio amps to power as big a speaker as you want.

Just a few options

https://github.com/CountDeMonet/Arduino ... o_Wand.ino

If you don't care about the sync and just want to trigger a few sounds the adafruit board can be used by itself with up to 10 buttons/triggers to play sounds. Nice standalone option.
I have never coded anything in my life [emoji53]. I wouldn't even know where to begin. I think I'd do better with something "plug and play."
By SheffieldArrow
Have a look at the Adafruit Audio FX Board. It's really easy to use. It won't get you any light features but you can use it to add sound. I've used that in my Spirit Pack and I will get round to uploading a video in the next day or two.

I use the original Spirit Firing lights and sound, wired to my amp speakers, and the FX Board to add things like random pack sounds, the start up sound, a variety of movie quotes, and the theme tune.

You will have to drill a few holes in your wand for the switches, and be moderately competent at soldering, but that's about it really as that board is really really easy to use.
SheffieldArrow wrote:Have a look at the Adafruit Audio FX Board. It's really easy to use. It won't get you any light features but you can use it to add sound. I've used that in my Spirit Pack and I will get round to uploading a video in the next day or two.

I use the original Spirit Firing lights and sound, wired to my amp speakers, and the FX Board to add things like random pack sounds, the start up sound, a variety of movie quotes, and the theme tune.

You will have to drill a few holes in your wand for the switches, and be moderately competent at soldering, but that's about it really as that board is really really easy to use.
I'll take a look at that. Definitely interested in the video too if you do post it
By SheffieldArrow
Here you go. It's a work in progress so far but it gives you an idea as to what can be done. All I'll say is if you go this route run it from a seperate power supply to the Spirit one as it gets really got to the point of melting the plastic if you run that and the Adafruit from the same three batteries. No idea why, I checked and I didn't have a short, it just over heated.

I'm at a con in early June so I'm hoping to have everything fully working and a full video for then. I've a few other videos on there as I've modded mine to be The Rookies Pack from Ghostbusters TVG so it's got some cool light features
https://www.youtube.com/embed/3905a8VZou8?rel=0

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]