Got one mounting hole done before my tap bit broke on the second. The shock broke the gel coat but not too terribly. Hole is still proper. Time for a better tap!ImageImageImage
You don't need and or want to tap the shell when it's mounted. Only tap the brackets. Just drill the hole in the shell big enough to let the bolt go in and screw into the bracket. The reason is if you don't have it lined up perfectly, you could cross thread the metal, or break something. I did it like you at first and when you are trying to screw the bolts in and there is resistance and and feels like the shell is going to break because it hasn't lined up with the bracket is a really sickening feeling.
PssdffJay wrote:You don't need and or want to tap the shell when it's mounted. Only tap the brackets. Just drill the hole in the shell big enough to let the bolt go in and screw into the bracket. The reason is if you don't have it lined up perfectly, you could cross thread the metal, or break something. I did it like you at first and when you are trying to screw the bolts in and there is resistance and and feels like the shell is going to break because it hasn't lined up with the bracket is a really sickening feeling.
Ahhhh great to know, thanks! I have my holes drilled, will just tap the brackets then when I get a new tap.
WOW... What else??? :-P
canpara wrote:Is this the pack build thread equivalent of skipping to the end??? Just kidding. Congratulations, your pack looks great!
Lol, it is. I wanted to save everyone the hassle of going through 15 pages to see the result. Thanks! Finished the lights and sound yesterday. Definitely takes it to the next level!
BillShark84 wrote:
canpara wrote:Is this the pack build thread equivalent of skipping to the end??? Just kidding. Congratulations, your pack looks great!
Lol, it is. I wanted to save everyone the hassle of going through 15 pages to see the result. Thanks! Finished the lights and sound yesterday. Definitely takes it to the next level!
Indeed, it does! I finished my pack last weekend—save for applying a few dry rub stickers on my wand. I know the feeling.

Do you have some other stuff in mind for your pack or is this it?
canpara wrote:
BillShark84 wrote: Lol, it is. I wanted to save everyone the hassle of going through 15 pages to see the result. Thanks! Finished the lights and sound yesterday. Definitely takes it to the next level!
Indeed, it does! I finished my pack last weekend—save for applying a few dry rub stickers on my wand. I know the feeling.

Do you have some other stuff in mind for your pack or is this it?
Right on! I’d like to see yours! There are definitely upgrades I’d like to make eventually (wand tip not spring loaded, no e-cig venting yet, upgrade speaker(s). It’s pretty vanilla right now so I’ll try to do those upgrades every once in a while. How bout you?

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]