For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
By timeware
Voltrons been pretty impressive.
They recently put back up He-man so it's going to interesting to see if Dreamworks picks up the rights to that reboot, and possibly Bravestarr, maybe She-Ra. They may surprise us and combine the series into one long story arc.

Start it off with a movie then split it into separate series. Would be fun to see!
Kind of disappointed with that one. Looking forward to it really, just not surprised it got canceled with ATC's box office results. Does anyone know if Netflix is in talk with dream works to do a Real Ghostbusters reboot like they are with She-Ra?
Yeah, I got the impression Ivan was keen to have the series back under his creative control, and the animated movie was a statement move on his part to do that. With that decision, it became the priority over any TV versions.
*NormalGamer* liked this
Yeah I really hope that the Animated film really blows the minds of the General Audience and Hardcore Fans. I am also hoping that the comic series continues Post Crossing Over. I just want good things to keep working for the franchise so it gives Ecto Force more positive momentum to becoming a reality. :):):)
mrmichaelt wrote: June 5th, 2018, 2:57 am I think it was a calculated decision to focus on the animated movie then revisit the series at a later time, irregardless of how the 2016 movie performed.

Why DreamWorks? I would think Sony Pictures Animation and Imageworks would be working on a theoretical RGB reboot.
Troll Hunters and Voltron were largely successful. Kind of figured if they were they were gearing towards anything to do with Netflix they'd work with them on some projects.
timeware wrote: June 5th, 2018, 7:11 pm
Troll Hunters and Voltron were largely successful. Kind of figured if they were they were gearing towards anything to do with Netflix they'd work with them on some projects.
Got. Agreed. I think maybe 3-4 years ago, Sony Pictures Animation inked a similar deal with Netflix for original content. So I was surprised they didn't contract Ecto Force on Netflix out of the gate. Plus, that seems like a viable place to go. The original animation series on Netflix alone are slowly expanding.
*NormalGamer* liked this
He hasn't voice acted in about four years, they might decide to go with someone new for Skeletor, if ole' bone head even makes an appearance in the new series.

On a semi-related note: Only 8 days to Voltron season 6!
By mrmichaelt
Neglected to post a couple things. Anyway for reference.

1:32-1:53
Circa, 7/21/17
Ivan Reitman says, "Ecto-Force is a futuristic animated show so they, um, it's based on the original film in terms of the science and technology of it but it's y'know about 20 years from now and it's -- and it's really Ghostbusters from all over the world."
https://www.circa.com/story/2017/07/21/ ... ostbusters

15:23 to 15:59 mark
EMPIRE podcast #272, 7/23/17
Reitman's full quote was "Yeah, we put it on hold. We got a lot of inquiries and interest from different, uh, television networks to put it on and then at the last second, we decided to hold on the deal and really focus on the new Ghostbusters animated feature and sort of have that kick off the world and I think it's because I knew the animated feature was going to bring--going to at least go a long way to bring back the classical story we originally started and, uh, I wanted that to come first."
http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news ... cott-buck/

24:42-24:49
Nerdy Show, 6/8/18
Tom Waltz says: "We actually had done some work on it early on to help out."
https://nerdyshow.com/2018/06/ghostbust ... -tom-waltz
I really hope that work resumes on Ecto Force soon. Ever since it was first announced, I was interested since I was introduced to Ghostbusters via The Real Ghostbusters on television. Hope that the animated movie is successful since it going to be the starting point. It sounds like a good idea to me, since it worked for Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
Last edited by Peter Venkman Jr. on November 17th, 2018, 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Venkman Jr. wrote: November 16th, 2018, 7:09 pm I really hope that work resumes on Ecto Force soon. Ever since it was first announced, I was interest since I was introduced to Ghostbusters via The Real Ghostbusters on television. Hope that the animated movie is successful since it going to be the starting point. It sounds like a good idea to me, since it worked for Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
Same here Ecto Force is one of the biggest things I was really excited about. The concept of Ghostbusters finally being so big that they have branches all over the world. Pretty close to mirroring reality with fans opening branches all over. It is also a wonderful way to introduce us to new characters, further explore the mythos of the franchise. Also it would give the fans who crave the smaller everyday or monster of the week busts. I had completely forgotten that Tom said that the IDW crew had a hand at the development of Ecto Force. They have done a great job building the world up. One of the reasons I am looking forward to Ecto Force is because I am anticipating the comic to keep on going for awhile and whoever the Ecto Force busters wind up being. I am expecting them to be just another team that the IDW Prime Busters to interact with in a future adventure. I know that the Ecto Force story is set 20 years in the future, but we have seen the Ghostbusters deal with things that have a way of tearing the fabric of space and time. We have already seen them jump dimensions absolutely no reason for the Ecto Force team to wind up in the past and meet the Primes or vice versa.

Oh man sorry I just gave myself goosebumps, but I am getting way ahead of myself. Quite a bit to look forward to I'm sure of it. :):):)
*NormalGamer* liked this
By mrmichaelt
philmorgan81 wrote: I know that the Ecto Force story is set 20 years in the future, but we have seen the Ghostbusters deal with things that have a way of tearing the fabric of space and time. We have already seen them jump dimensions absolutely no reason for the Ecto Force team to wind up in the past and meet the Primes or vice versa.
In RGB and EGB, we saw the teams deal with time warp phenomena or in the Displaced Aggression comic from IDW - Koza'Rai banished three of the GBs across time, so it's not out of the question. I can see it as a midseason two parter or season finale two parter kind of story.
Wow I wouldn't want to be the person that has to make the final decision on which concept to use. I like them all and I am really glad that the Moogly remains unchanged. I am so ready for this Ghostbusters all over the world concept. I am just looking at these logo designs and my mind is racing at the possibility of how this show will look. As I said before since the show is set 20 years in the future I know that the team or teams that we see in the show are going to be fresh faces. I wonder will the different teams be wearing jump suits like the classic busters or are they going to be a bit more casual like the Extreme Ghostbusters? Are the Packs going to have a whole new design that we haven't seen? I am sure there will all kinds of new equipment. Also if the show is a big hit I am sure we will see more toys. I really hope the next Ghostbusters project is a monster hit that makes audiences hunger for that cartoon.

Sorry let me take a breath. LOL! I really hope Ghost Corps sees this thing through. :):):)
By mrmichaelt
I'm wager Ecto Force going forward is dependent on the animated movie doing well at the box office. But then again, they're probably planning to start it between movies to keep interest in the property like RGB did for the movies back in the day.
By timeware
If GB Fans wanted to keep interest, an Ecto Force a costume Patch might not be a bad idea to add to the shop. People can place it on their uniforms or whatever, walk by the Ghost Corps booths at Wizard World then demand (Peacefully and politely, maybe on their knees) that they go forward with the cartoon.
Sav C, mrmichaelt liked this
By Kingpin
timeware wrote: November 27th, 2018, 8:14 am If GB Fans wanted to keep interest, an Ecto Force a costume Patch might not be a bad idea to add to the shop.
There's no guarantee any of those logos would become the final emblem for the cartoon, if the cartoon even gets made.

I don't think it'd be a productive use of money when everything's still subject to speculation.
By Kingpin
SSJmole wrote: January 20th, 2019, 7:05 am Did this happen already? Just curious as I know do many places in USA have their own streaming service so wasn't sure if on those
Currently put on hold, pending full cancellation, future reactivation, or significant retooling.
By SSJmole
Kingpin wrote: January 20th, 2019, 1:36 pm
SSJmole wrote: January 20th, 2019, 7:05 am Did this happen already? Just curious as I know do many places in USA have their own streaming service so wasn't sure if on those
Currently put on hold, pending full cancellation, future reactivation, or significant retooling.
Awww that's a shame. I loved real and extreme was hoping for another
I really hope that Ghost Corps will revisit Ecto Force in the near future. I am guessing that all efforts are focused on the new live action movie that Jason Reitman is writing and directing. Once the film has come out, maybe Ecto Force will be looked at again. I know that if and when it does come out I will watch it.
By philmorgan81
Peter Venkman Jr. wrote:I really hope that Ghost Corps will revisit Ecto Force in the near future. I am guessing that all efforts are focused on the new live action movie that Jason Reitman is writing and directing. Once the film has come out, maybe Ecto Force will be looked at again. I know that if and when it does come out I will watch it.
Oh I am with you there. The very concept was very intriguing to me. The future setting, the fact that it would obviously center on completely new characters that don't exist in any of the films, and that these characters would be globe trotting busting Ghosts and helping otheR teams of Ghostbusters from around the world. I have a good feeling that if GB2020 does exceptionally well, we will see Ghost Corps fast track a lot of those proposed projects. :):):)

I know I am very vocal on the subject, but I get very excited at the possibility of a bombardment of Ghostbusters content. Kind of the same way Star Wars fans have been given so much content over the years I am hoping for just a small fraction of that to happen to Ghostbusters. ;)

I mean if this new movie goes well. We could get the Animated Feature film, the one that was rumored to be from a Ghosts perspective. Ecto Force for television, if that's great we could get a few seasons from that. And if we want to see what's going on with the Original Ghostbusters IDW could put out more comics to give us more stories with them. To me that is an excellent start if those projects are still on the table. :):):)
*NormalGamer* liked this

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]