By Longshot
Hello Ghostbusters fans!! I am ready to order a proton pack kit and I'm torn between two: Anovos and Benofkent on Ebay. I like the simplicity and realism behind the Anovos kit but upon further digging it seems like people who put in orders from 2016 are still waiting for their kits. I can only imagine it would be a year before I would see mine. I contacted Anovos today to get am approximation and he said a few weeks to a couple of months. I asked for honesty and he said "likely the later one". I'm assuming it would be even later than that.

I'm not sure how much work is required for the Benofkent kit but I have very limited experience with soldering and electronics. I don't mind time, but I don't want to botch the proton pack either, and I cannot afford a second kit. I'm also not sure how it stacks up with the realism.

Can someone please tell me the differences between the two as far as ease of build, realism, additional parts required, total costs or anything else?

I know the Anovos kit has had first hand experience with the packs from the creators but I don't know about the others. Any help is appreciate so I make the correct choice. Thanks.
By AmazonChitlin
I can only speak of the Anovos kit. Based on the time I got mine, I think I was one of the first preorders, so it took a long time to arrive. I ordered 4/30/16, and the pack shipped on 10/18/17. The frame for the pack was ordered at the same time on 4/30/16, and it just arrived yesterday on Wednesday, 6/21/18.

Assembly of the kit is straight forward. The instructions that Anovos made are a joke, and I didn't really use them. I went more by photos of the original pack. I upgraded some parts right off the bat, like the clippard valves, aluminum labels, hats for the lights, etc. The clippards that come with the pack don't look bad, but the labels are incorrect, and the knobs don't turn. I also replaced the switches that come with the pack for the ones included in the gbfans wand kit.

Overall I'm happy with the pack. I think it looks great! It's easy to build! I wasn't in any sort of rush to get it due to having so many projects, so the wait didn't bother me. I've ordered a few things (all preorder) from Anovos, and they take forever to arrive. But, they haven't screwed me yet, and I like their products...whenever they show up

By WillS3
Wish I owned one of each so I could answer your question, but alas..
In the event that you don’t find a forum member with first hand knowledge of both packs, I suggest reaching out to Ben directly. You already contacted Anovos. I follow Ben on FB and he is constantly posting prop kits details and updates on what happens at his prop shop. He also replies to followers quickly. He just seems an all around good guy. I think if you reached out and asked your questions and shared your concerns, he would give you an honest answer to help make your decision.
Longshot wrote: June 21st, 2018, 2:37 pm Hello Ghostbusters fans!! I am ready to order a proton pack kit and I'm torn between two: Anovos and Benofkent on Ebay. I like the simplicity and realism behind the Anovos kit but upon further digging it seems like people who put in orders from 2016 are still waiting for their kits. I can only imagine it would be a year before I would see mine. I contacted Anovos today to get am approximation and he said a few weeks to a couple of months. I asked for honesty and he said "likely the later one". I'm assuming it would be even later than that.

I'm not sure how much work is required for the Benofkent kit but I have very limited experience with soldering and electronics. I don't mind time, but I don't want to botch the proton pack either, and I cannot afford a second kit. I'm also not sure how it stacks up with the realism.

Can someone please tell me the differences between the two as far as ease of build, realism, additional parts required, total costs or anything else?

I know the Anovos kit has had first hand experience with the packs from the creators but I don't know about the others. Any help is appreciate so I make the correct choice. Thanks.
By ccv66
Anovos kit pack is now $950 plus tax and shipping. I'm happy with Anovos shell, supposed to be " laser scanned". Ill be happy with the finished product, but there were only a handful of parts I thought were good enough out of the box, everything else was upgraded or manipulated. You'll probably get that with every kit though, unless you can pick and choose what you want from the kit
By Longshot
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Thank you guys.. You both mentioned that you upgraded parts out of the box for the Anovos kit. Here is the kit I am looking at from Ben:

www.ebay.com/itm/Proton-Pack-kit-Metal- ... .l4275.c10

Hopefully someone can chime in that has purchased this exact kit and let me know if you've also needed to upgrade parts from this kit.

I've reached out to Ben to answer some if my questions and he really does seem like an honest and all around good person. =)
By ccv66
Building a pack is a rabbit hole. You have to figure out where you want to be, because you can spend and unlimited amount of time and money. If you're a car guy , an SS or GT emblem on Camaro/mustang , makes the car other people it's just a 2” piece of plastic. Similar to the pack, not a huge difference between some nice resin parts vs real parts but a big difference with price.. I'd ask benofkent what things he would he upgrade, I'd bet he give you an honest answer

Anyone buy a Nickatron kit?
By MarkMjsy
I can’t talk for the Anovos pack as I’ve never seen one but I do have a BOK pack and also helped build a second one.
Any build on this scale isn’t going to be easy let’s start which that! Lol
But after a lot of research I decided on getting bens kit as the quality of the parts and the customer service he brings to his company is fantastic. Nothing is too much trouble with any question about how to build, fix or upgrade the packs. Personally I would go for Ben’s kits every time. He has a lot of followers on his Facebook page which means your going to get a lot of help from people quickly if you need it. And the end result when your finished the project is an amazing looking protonpack which you build! Something to tell the grand kids in years to come! Lol.
By leo86
I’ve just ordered my kit from Ben, should be in next week. I was in the same boat as you but i dont think Anovos sells the kit anymore (maybe it just in Canada) anyway I’ve been dealing with Ben for months now and his amazing customer service and the help he offers if also great. You won’t be disappointed with one of Ben's kits
    Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he […]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]