For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By UntouchableGen
Jangonate wrote:I'm buying it for couch coop with my wife. She loved Diablo. Could be fun.
I guess i could do the same. and my son could play as well....
By Jangonate
Had a chance to play a couple of levels last night and have a few quick observances to give:

-This isn't as bad as Sanctum of Slime. Are there similarities? Oh, yes, and that had me a bit worried. One of the first enemies I encountered were flaming red skulls. NOOOO! The good news is that the similarities, so far, are not with the things that were broken with the game. Difficulty is not too challenging, the art style and graphics are very nice, and I really liked the opening cut scene, but wonder if there will be more like it. It is top down, but there isn't yellow beam, blue beam, red beam. Each Buster has there own weapon and own version of ghost grenade. They all have a capture stream, too, that comes into play often. With that it is more similar to the original game where you have to slam ghosts before trapping them.

-It's funny! Not deep belly laugh funny, but I've had quite a few chuckle moments. Some of the humor is a bit forced, though.

-There is an upgrade system and all points collected from levels go towards this. You can upgrade stuff like health, speed, grenade cool down, and frequency of venting your gun (like the first GB game). You can visit the firehouse to do this and view bios for ghosts you've collected.

-You use a PKE to find secrets. Nothing too exciting yet. Mostly it's secret areas, ghost battles, and points. Points, points, points.

-The first level was very short and the second a bit long. This leads me to my biggest issue...

-I wonder if this could get stale after a bit. No verdict yet, of course. I just started playing. But a big enemy of SoS was doing the same things over and over again. Granted, enemies are a little more varied and there is a dodge button that makes evading there different attacks more fun. But I've seen little to indicate that there is more than...use the PKE to find secrets, blast a few ghosts, trap a few ghosts and move on.

All that said, I have enjoyed myself so far. The production values are nice, the music has a nostalgic spooky sound to them and I love some of the quips. It is most likely more fun with friends and my wife was upset I started without her. No worries! Press 'X' to join in.
SAMIAM liked this
By Slimered
Jangonate wrote: I really liked the opening cut scene, but wonder if there will be more like it.
Do the female Ghostbusters appear in the cut scene?
By Slimered
Jangonate wrote:Mentioned, but not present. I don't think you have to worry too much for spoilers.
That's disappointing. They could at least show them at the beginning.
By Jangonate
I will say this. It is better than SOS, but that doesn't take much. SOS suffered from crazy increases in difficulty and terrible bugs. I have run into none of this during my playthrough. What I have encountered is stale gameplay and way too long levels with no variety. It's padded for length when shey should have shortened it and sold it for much, much less. This is not worth $50.
By SkyHighGam3r
I'm just sick of all this ghostbusting equipment that doesn't involve proton streams and ghost traps. Plus the dialogue script in that first scene was just awful...

I'm gonna go play 2009 again. They should have just re-tooled that with the plot of the new movie or something. I hope to god some day we can mod this.
By Jangonate
SkyHighGam3r wrote:I'm just sick of all this ghostbusting equipment that doesn't involve proton streams and ghost traps. Plus the dialogue script in that first scene was just awful...

I'm gonna go play 2009 again. They should have just re-tooled that with the plot of the new movie or something. I hope to god some day we can mod this.
Heck...just remaster 2009 for current gen and I'd happily buy it!

If the movie takes off and reignites the franchise, I hope they revisit gaming and get away from these downloadable top down game.
By below_radar_00
Man...I hate to say this but the new game is not good. I played it for 2-3 hours on launch day and thought "This game isn't that bad. By video game standards in general it's probably not going to be received well but to a Ghostbusters fan this game is pretty good". The next day I played several more hours and that's when I couldn't take any more. I'm at the very last level but haven't attempted to finish yet. Jason at GhostbustersNews.com did a review and I have to say that his opinion of the game is spot on with mine. The levels are WAY too long after the first level. The ghosts you bust are just the same ones over and over and over and over again. The only area I disagree with him is that I didn't even like the opening sequence bit.

I will say that this same is better than SOS. You will probably never die in this game. When you die your team is quick to revive you. There was only one time when my whole squad died and it was only because I was so tired of playing that I wasn't even trying anymore. So at least the game isn't frustrating in that regard. The ease of play is a bit of a double edged sword though since there's really nothing at stake. It's also neat that you can level stuff up and actually bust ghosts in this game.

My advise, wait til the game is $20 in a few months and then pick it up and have a little fun. It's probably best to take your time and spread out the gameplay or you may find yourself burning out.
By Jangonate
below_radar_00 wrote:Man...I hate to say this but the new game is not good. I played it for 2-3 hours on launch day and thought "This game isn't that bad. By video game standards in general it's probably not going to be received well but to a Ghostbusters fan this game is pretty good". The next day I played several more hours and that's when I couldn't take any more. I'm at the very last level but haven't attempted to finish yet. Jason at GhostbustersNews.com did a review and I have to say that his opinion of the game is spot on with mine. The levels are WAY too long after the first level. The ghosts you bust are just the same ones over and over and over and over again. The only area I disagree with him is that I didn't even like the opening sequence bit.

I will say that this same is better than SOS. You will probably never die in this game. When you die your team is quick to revive you. There was only one time when my whole squad died and it was only because I was so tired of playing that I wasn't even trying anymore. So at least the game isn't frustrating in that regard. The ease of play is a bit of a double edged sword though since there's really nothing at stake. It's also neat that you can level stuff up and actually bust ghosts in this game.

My advise, wait til the game is $20 in a few months and then pick it up and have a little fun. It's probably best to take your time and spread out the gameplay or you may find yourself burning out.
I agree. There was no need for these two level busts in the same area. Both levels are the exact same and if there is any change in enemy it is so very minuscule. Cut the length in half and sell it for cheap.
By Webster
The studio that made the game rushed it out as nothing more than an opportunity to make some money to pay off their rather overwhelming debts. They actually filled for bankruptcy very shortly after its release so any chance of fixes went out of the window. The game had an 8 month development time (which is shorter than most mobile games!) and was doomed from the start given that the previous two titles from the same developer never even made out of development.
By Buckynohair
I'm surprised nothing has been seen yet in regards to the options menu where you can enter a 4 digit code. Interested to see what cheats/unlockables there are. If any...

I didn't think the game was great or anything but I also didn't find it as bad as most reviewers either.
By SSJmole
This game has 3 flaws. But I am loving this I got it on black Friday. It plays smooth. The dialogue is fun and each buster is unique. My favourite is blonde girl with dual pistols (not gave her name as they don't have name. ANYONE can be a ghostbuster. So you can rename them to your name)

The 3 flaws for me:

1 its 2016 and its a heavily co-op game with no online? No excuse

2 unless its in end game the trailer lied. It showed Stay Puft and slimmer yet both are not in. I love Stay Puft and this disappointed.

3 THE biggest flaw is the price. This is worth £10 to £20 but. It's a full price game. The greed is shocking. I got it on sale so LOVE its Worth price but full price worthy this is not
By Ghostytheghost
Yeah, as someone who did like the 2016 movie, the game did not satisfy me at all. I gave up right at the start of Stage 2 of the cemetery level. And it was a pre-owned copy for 18 bucks at my local Gamestop! I did buy the 2009 Wii one later, and enjoyed that more. It's been a while since I've seen my ghostbuster queen Maddie. I remember buying the Wii one at launch but exchanged it for the PS3 one. Funny thing was that I got it during the PSN hack. In all seriousness when it comes to this, the movie was great but the game spat on my face for liking it. :sigh:
By Ghostytheghost
troy_225 wrote: June 24th, 2018, 3:28 pm Sanctum of slime and 2016 Ghostbusters game were very disapointing
One has literally no voices and the other has painful voice acting. Pick your poison.
By Seth Rex
Still playing this game. I like it. But I wish there was another Ghostbusters 2009 style game. Even if it was with new characters.
Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London

Proton Props UK

I would like to apologise to everyone for the dela[…]