Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
HauntedWallflower wrote: July 3rd, 2018, 5:42 pmVTC #39, aka Kylie Prime, has landed. Let's start the Countdown! Just 11 more cards to go!
Once again, just like her EGB counterpart, my favorite goth girl ghostbuster; guess that's it for the "New Ghostbusters" team. ^_^
Makes sense she's going for a Bachelor in Science because if she's going into Psychology and/or Parapsychology for graduate school, the B.Sc tends to facilitate that better than the B.A. would.

Appreciated those extra little details revealing she took the job at Ray's Occult to help pay for college, helped organize and increase profits, and side money for helping research. Plus, I think after all this time, they only recently confirmed she's going to college in one of the past Crossing Over issues.

Hmm, perhaps Thursday will be her mentor, Dr. Stantz.

As for what groschopf mentioned, not sure if that's Vault because his shirt seems a little different but hard to tell with that resolution. But coincidentally, or perhaps not, we know from past teases -- Holtzmann had that 'poor cat' line that those familiar with the video game recognize it. So the question is, was there ever a comic strip in one of the games?

Diamond posted the B Cover for Issue #5. More Kenner easter eggs from Lattie.
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAY180715
mrmichaelt wrote: July 3rd, 2018, 7:05 pmDiamond posted the B Cover for Issue #5. More Kenner easter eggs from Lattie.https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAY180715
Bit jarring to see RGB and EGB Egons so close to each other :sigh: . Even more jarring is that there are 3 Egons and this is the 2nd Lattie cover where Egon and Janine are not together LOL. Or is it the 3rd?
Last edited by HauntedWallflower on July 3rd, 2018, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrmichaelt wrote: July 3rd, 2018, 7:05 pmDiamond posted the B Cover for Issue #5. More Kenner easter eggs from Lattie.
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAY180715
Cool. Nice to see Rollie J. :roland: in a variant cover alongside the 'Egon's'. ^_^
mrmichaelt wrote: June 29th, 2018, 6:45 pm Whoops, pasted the wrong link there. heh.

I still got no clue what comic strip that is, lol. groan.

That brewery name, lol.
This Post Contains Spoilers
I bet Luis loved the black and white idea for that dimension. heh.
Gotta wonder if that black and white dimension's
?
*NormalGamer* liked this
Initial thoughts...
Sayscalled wrote: July 4th, 2018, 10:17 am Initial thoughts...
Sayscalled liked this
Loved everything about this issue! Can't wait to see Eddie prove himself to be the wild card he is in the Death Match! Also the Tokyo ESP Busters hail from Dimension 68-M and are a bunch of uppity nimrods (except their Winston).

EDIT: So that interview with Erik Burnham and freaksugar, where he says Page 20 of Issue 3 brings in a revelation that ups the emotional stakes somehow? I've been trying to count properly, but I'm not sure if Page 20 is the page in which Kev says Janine got talked into dimensional-hopping by her Egon or the page in which EGB Egon appears. Didn't you peg Page 20 as the latter in your Easter Egg list, mrmichaelt? Unless Erik was referring to the Tiamat page, which is, well, not Page 20?
CROSSING OVER #4

Main Story
Easter eggs so far
*NormalGamer* wrote:
Erik has mentioned in an interview or social media that once we got past the first few issues, we won't be seeing every single Ghostbuster moving forward. So yeah, we'll be seeing Janine Melnitz, Gabriel Sitter, Garrett Miller, RGB Ray Stantz, and Patty Tolan next issue most likely. From teases, we know Kevin Tanaka, Peck, the Slimers, and Jenny are showing up in #5 for example. Rookie, Lou Kamaka, Ron Alexander, Dani Shpak, and Kevin Beckman could show up in Warehouse/Firehouse scenes.
HauntedWallflower wrote: July 4th, 2018, 4:48 pmSo that interview with Erik Burnham and freaksugar, where he says Page 20 of Issue 3 brings in a revelation that ups the emotional stakes somehow? I've been trying to count properly, but I'm not sure if Page 20 is the page in which Kev says Janine got talked into dimensional-hopping by her Egon or the page in which EGB Egon appears. Didn't you peg Page 20 as the latter in your Easter Egg list, mrmichaelt? Unless Erik was referring to the Tiamat page, which is, well, not Page 20?
We'll see.
Last edited by mrmichaelt on July 9th, 2018, 10:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mrmichaelt wrote: July 5th, 2018, 4:08 am CROSSING OVER #4

Main Story
Easter eggs so far
*NormalGamer* wrote:
Erik has mentioned in an interview or social media that once we got past the first few issues, we won't be seeing every single Ghostbuster moving forward. So yeah, we'll be seeing Janine Melnitz, Gabriel Sitter, Garrett Miller, RGB Ray Stantz, and Patty Tolan next issue most likely. From teases, we know Kevin Tanaka, Peck, the Slimers, and Jenny are showing up in #5 for example. Rookie, Lou Kamaka, Ron Alexander, Dani Shpak, and Kevin Beckman could show up in Warehouse/Firehouse scenes.
HauntedWallflower wrote: July 4th, 2018, 4:48 pmSo that interview with Erik Burnham and freaksugar, where he says Page 20 of Issue 3 brings in a revelation that ups the emotional stakes somehow? I've been trying to count properly, but I'm not sure if Page 20 is the page in which Kev says Janine got talked into dimensional-hopping by her Egon or the page in which EGB Egon appears. Didn't you peg Page 20 as the latter in your Easter Egg list, mrmichaelt? Unless Erik was referring to the Tiamat page, which is, well, not Page 20?
We'll see.
Just guessing on the Tokyo ESP dimension, but could the M stand for "Manga"?

Oh, and Erik has stated that the Death/game/movie reference was intended to be "The Seventh Seal". He responded to one of my Tweets personally to say not to feel bad, a lot of us assumed it was "Bogus Journey".
VTC #40. RGB Peter getting snatched by Headless Harry (I'm just gonna refer to him as that instead of "Headless Horseman" from now on). Very weird choice for a card. So weird I can't believe it actually IS a card. It made me chuckle.
So 00-D aka Groovy DOOm is the dimension the Kylies, Hazer, Ray, Erin and RGB Peter are in.
Also, I 100% agree that the M in 68-M stands for Manga.
One of RGB Egon's line got me thinking.
Sayscalled wrote: July 5th, 2018, 8:27 amJust guessing on the Tokyo ESP dimension, but could the M stand for "Manga"?

Oh, and Erik has stated that the Death/game/movie reference was intended to be "The Seventh Seal". He responded to one of my Tweets personally to say not to feel bad, a lot of us assumed it was "Bogus Journey".
Mnn, I don't know. Manga and anime are way different.

Yes, I had Seventh Seal in my easter eggs list but I forgot to change my thoughts in the top half of my post. lol.
HauntedWallflower wrote: July 5th, 2018, 3:25 pmVTC #40. RGB Peter getting snatched by Headless Harry (I'm just gonna refer to him as that instead of "Headless Horseman" from now on). Very weird choice for a card. So weird I can't believe it actually IS a card. It made me chuckle.
So 00-D aka Groovy DOOm is the dimension the Kylies, Hazer, Ray, Erin and RGB Peter are in.
... <throws hands in the air>. Feels like editor's notes instead of a trading card. But new info is new info.
http://www.idwpublishing.com/sdcc-pre-o ... c_campaign

The first half of physical Crossing Over trading cards, dubbed Volume 1, will be sold at San Diego Comic Con. Booth 2743. $10. Limited to 250 total.
Ghostbusters Trading Card Set

Artwork by Dan Schoening

IDW is proud to present this unique trading card set, in partnership with Ghost Corps, by writer Erik Burnham and artist Dan Schoening, of twenty five different Ghostbusters members across all known universes! This is the 1st half of a larger set of Ghostbusters members, who can be seen monthly in the HUGE Maxi-Series Ghostbusters: Crossing Over from IDW!

$10 each, limited to 250 sets
mrmichaelt wrote: July 6th, 2018, 7:56 pmhttp://www.idwpublishing.com/sdcc-pre-o ... c_campaign

The first half of physical Crossing Over trading cards, dubbed Volume 1, will be sold at San Diego Comic Con. Booth 2743. $10. Limited to 250 total.
Ghostbusters Trading Card Set

Artwork by Dan Schoening

IDW is proud to present this unique trading card set, in partnership with Ghost Corps, by writer Erik Burnham and artist Dan Schoening, of twenty five different Ghostbusters members across all known universes! This is the 1st half of a larger set of Ghostbusters members, who can be seen monthly in the HUGE Maxi-Series Ghostbusters: Crossing Over from IDW!

$10 each, limited to 250 sets
I'm headin' down to the con, so I might as well try to see if I can get a deck myself. Hopin' to see Schoening or Burnham or Delgado there.
Ghostytheghost wrote: July 7th, 2018, 7:51 amI'm headin' down to the con, so I might as well try to see if I can get a deck myself. Hopin' to see Schoening or Burnham or Delgado there.
Lucky! And best of luck trying to get one. I know Erik Burnham will be there but Dan Schoening will not. Not sure about Luis Delgado or Tom Waltz.

EDIT: IDW's San Diego Comic Con panel is July 21 from 1 to 2 pm in Room25ABC. Hopefully there will be some GB news.
IDW's Big News Panel!
wrote:EDIT: IDW's San Diego Comic Con panel is July 21 from 1 to 2 pm in Room25ABC. Hopefully there will be some GB news.
IDW's Big News Panel!
Ugh, I'm only gonna be there for the 19th. :sigh:
Ghostytheghost wrote: July 8th, 2018, 11:17 am
wrote:EDIT: IDW's San Diego Comic Con panel is July 21 from 1 to 2 pm in Room25ABC. Hopefully there will be some GB news.
IDW's Big News Panel!
Ugh, I'm only gonna be there for the 19th. :sigh:
I meant that comment as that I won't be able to see the panel. I did write an email to IDW regarding the cards they'll be selling. They responded saying that I don't need to pre-order, and I can pick them up when I show up that day. In full honesty, I am relieved. :)
If you can't make it to SDCC or don't have a friend that can't pick one up or don't want to pay the eBay price etc., send a nice email to letters@idwpublishing.com and ask them politely to consider another printing of the trading cards in a wider release - i.e. on IDW's website or in your local comic book shop. If they see a big enough contingency of fans asking for it, we plebians that don't go to cons might have a shot.

EDIT: Crossing Over #3 did 4,342 in sales.
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicss ... 18-06.html

EDIT2: On July 20 and 22, Erik Burnham will do a signing at the IDW Booth at San Diego Comic Con from 5-6 pm and 12-1 pm respectively. https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 7529723904

EDIT3: Few more things from Crossing Over #4
HauntedWallflower wrote: July 9th, 2018, 3:56 pm As posted by Tom Waltz, Rachel Unglighter is back for CO #6 in these WIPs.
That's dope! Looks like one of those is Rachel recapping Displaced Aggression #4 when she got pulled back to Koza'Rai's dimension. Basically, a primer on her character for the uninitiated readers. I think this is the first time that mini-series has been acknowledged since 2 or 3 of Tristan's PCOC files from Volume 1 of the ongoing.
HauntedWallflower wrote: July 10th, 2018, 3:31 pmVTC #41 is Prime Ray.
Hmm, bit of a quibble with the line about inventing the P.K.E. Meter with Egon. Back in International #5, Egon said he invented it to search for the Rauoskinna. I guess putting two and two together, Egon and Ray worked on it during grad school then Egon went on his study abroad in Europe.

Not that I've been able to guess lately, lol, but perhaps Prime Winston is Thursday.

EDIT: Con schedules
Dan Schoening will be at Wizard World this weekend, based at Booth #516.
https://twitter.com/Dapperpomade/status ... 4345261056
  • On July 14, Dan Schoening will do a drawing demo, "Learn to Draw the Ghostbusters' Stay Puft Marshmallow Man" from 3:45-4:15 pm on Entertainment Stage.
  • On July 14, Dan Schoening will do a drawing demo "How to Draw Comics" from 5:30-6:15 pm in Room 410C.
  • On July 15, Dan Schoening will do a drawing demo "Learn how to Draw Slimer from Ghostbusters" from 11:30 am-12 pm on the Entertainment Stage.
  • On July 15, Dan Schoening will be at the panel "Stand Out and Break In: Entertainment Careers" from 12:30-1:15 pm in Room 410C.
Erik Burnham will appear at San Diego Comic Con from July 20 to July 22.
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 7529723904
  • On July 20, Erik Burnham will do a signing at the IDW Booth at San Diego Comic Con from 5 to 6 pm.
  • On July 22, Erik Burnham will do a signing at the IDW Booth at San Diego Comic Con from 12 to 1 pm.
mrmichaelt wrote: July 12th, 2018, 6:35 pmVTC #41 is Ellen Gold.

Tom also posted teasers from Issue #6. Looks like they're not easy busts like Mike and the 35-N team's one was... and that appears to be the Hungry Manitou with Garrett.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/1017484445173989376
So Death, Ellen Gold, Headless Horseman and the Hungry Manitou (Should expect a card from this ghost) are the missing ghosts in their located dimensions.

And yikes at Garrett being eaten by... Garrett? Wonder what dimension it it they're in?
*NormalGamer* wrote:Headless Horseman and the Hungry Manitou (Should expect a card from this ghost) are the missing ghosts in their located dimensions.

And yikes at Garrett being eaten by... Garrett? Wonder what dimension it it they're in? [/color]
And the actual ghost in the brewery and whoever the Saturday Morning Ghostbusters and 68-M Ghostbusters may have captured. Any of those may or may not be Gareth Dibello.

I think that's the mental plane since it's both Garrett and the Manitou. He's taken on Garrett's form just like we saw with Peter in Volume 1 except he's skipping the 'small talk' this time it seems.
*NormalGamer* liked this

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]