By mattgbfan
Well just like I say in the topic I'm interested in knowing what the best proton pack that is fully built and ready to go that I can buy please provide information on who or where I can buy the proton pack you are talking about. Please I'm not looking to buy a low end proton pack I have money and want to buy the best one available with all the bells and whistles. I'm willing to spend whatever it takes I realizethat it's going to cost me thousands of dollars and I am perfectly fine with that. As for my budget it's not an open ended budget but I'd like to stay around $4000. Canadian dollars and no higher than that but for the right proton pack I'd definitely pay more than that.
P's
I'm only interested in proton packs that are visually Ghostbusters 1 movie accurate.
Thank you very much :cool:
Last edited by mattgbfan on August 18th, 2018, 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Kingpin
It will help potential sellers know how committed you are as a customer if you might be able to give a rough budget of what you're looking to pay. A good Proton Pack with "all the bells and whistles" can cost a few thousand, easily. For example, this Pack which doesn't have the complete functionality has an asking price of $1,800, including shipping.

My final bit of advice is steer clear of Videobob, as his products are not up to snuff, and are made using parts ripped off and recasted from other prop makers.
mattgbfan, feevrt liked this
Thank you very much for your response. As I was mentioningI havethe money so money isn't an issue I just want something that's awesome with like I was saying all the bells and whistles I'm looking to impress when I show up. Thanks again for your response and please let me know what you recommend.
And thanks for the advice on video Bob I actually was reading about him earlier so I won't be buying from him so I'm definitely glad I seen the posts about him because honestly I ws looking at his packs. Anyways again the money isn't an issue with me it's not an open ended budget but I do realize that I'm going to be spending thousands of dollars and I have no problem with that at all I'd like to go no higher than $4000. Canadian dollars but for the right proton pack I'd definitely pay more than that.
Kingpin wrote: August 17th, 2018, 12:02 pm It will help potential sellers know how committed you are as a customer if you might be able to give a rough budget of what you're looking to pay. A good Proton Pack with "all the bells and whistles" can cost a few thousand, easily. For example, this Pack which doesn't have the complete functionality has an asking price of $1,800, including shipping.

My final bit of advice is steer clear of Videobob, as his products are not up to snuff, and are made using parts ripped off and recasted from other prop makers.
Thank you very much for your response. As I was mentioning I have the money so money isn't an issue I just want something that's awesome with like I was saying all the bells and whistles I'm looking to impress when I show up. Thanks again for your response and please let me know what you recommend.
Also thanks for the advice on video Bob I actually was reading about him earlier so I won't be buying from him so I'm definitely glad I seen the posts about him because honestly I was looking at his packs. Anyways again the money isn't an issue with me it's not an open ended budget but I do realize that I'm going to be spending thousands of dollars and I have no problem with that at all I'd like to go no higher than $4000. Canadian dollars but for the right proton pack I'd definitely pay more than that.
I don't want to tell you who you should get to build your pack for you, as there are a lot of good makers to choose from, all I can say is that after talking to friends in the circle city ghostbusters group, they suggested that I talk to Mike from Karnivorous creations and after looking at examples for the packs he builds I contacted him and worked out the details to have him build my pack using the parts I had previously bought to try to rebuild a busted pack that I got that turned out to not be worth fixing when I started taking it apart (am thinking it was a viking props pack after showing pictures of the insides of the shell and talking with people about it). Mike is in the final stages now of putting my pack's electronics kit into it and is supposed to be shipping it to me so I get it sometime next week. The main thing on whoever you choose, do your research, look at examples for their work, and then talk to them and discuss the whole process prior to making your decision. Ask to put a deposit down on your pack, and don't send payment in full until the pack is ready to ship out to you. doing this and making sure the seller isn't on the blacklisted sellers list here on gbfans will help you with keeping the whole experience smooth and ensuring you get what you paid for. Good luck and be sure to come back to the forum to show off pictures of your pack when you get it.
doctorevil30564 wrote: August 18th, 2018, 3:03 pm I don't want to tell you who you should get to build your pack for you, as there are a lot of good makers to choose from, all I can say is that after talking to friends in the circle city ghostbusters group, they suggested that I talk to Mike from Karnivorous creations and after looking at examples for the packs he builds I contacted him and worked out the details to have him build my pack using the parts I had previously bought to try to rebuild a busted pack that I got that turned out to not be worth fixing when I started taking it apart (am thinking it was a viking props pack after showing pictures of the insides of the shell and talking with people about it). Mike is in the final stages now of putting my pack's electronics kit into it and is supposed to be shipping it to me so I get it sometime next week. The main thing on whoever you choose, do your research, look at examples for their work, and then talk to them and discuss the whole process prior to making your decision. Ask to put a deposit down on your pack, and don't send payment in full until the pack is ready to ship out to you. doing this and making sure the seller isn't on the blacklisted sellers list here on gbfans will help you with keeping the whole experience smooth and ensuring you get what you paid for. Good luck and be sure to come back to the forum to show off pictures of your pack when you get it.
I will definitely research whoever I end up going with but I'm honestly looking for someone to tell me who makes great packs I don't really have a great deal of time to research to many I also don't have one to have fixed or parts to have one made I need someone to build me a pack completely. I'd appreciate anyone who can giv
Me a list of what thry believe to be some of the top builders of proton packs so I can go from that.
    The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]