By chris8414
This is the last piece that I need to complete and my suit will be done, but I needed some help. When I connect my leg hose to the actual hose connector itself it's very flimsy and falls out. How do you guys attach it? Do you use super glue and glue the leg hose into the hose connector, or do something else? My hose connector will be sewn onto my suit.
By tobycj
Some folk have glued it, personally mine is a tight push fit so no need. There is a good thread somewhere about using magnets, a barrel magnet in the hose itself and some smaller magnets in the base of the connector, have a quick search and it should come up :)
I use a black zip tie like what was used during filming the Sedgewick Hotel scenes.

The one I have is from Nickatron and is a soft rubber, I simply use a zip tie and it stays in very well.

If you don't like the black zip ties you could insert something like a very short dowel inside the end to expand it for a snug fit or use tape wrapped around the end.
By jreverhart
strong magnet is the way to go so you can remove it when you wash or store your suit.

disc magnet in the connector, barrel magnet in the hose and your all set, also if it gets snagged it'll release so you don't end up either ripping something, breaking something, or falling on your face.
By chris8414
Glenn Frederick wrote: August 28th, 2018, 11:29 am I use a black zip tie like what was used during filming the Sedgewick Hotel scenes.

The one I have is from Nickatron and is a soft rubber, I simply use a zip tie and it stays in very well.

If you don't like the black zip ties you could insert something like a very short dowel inside the end to expand it for a snug fit or use tape wrapped around the end.
I"m curious on how this works? Just placing a zip tie on the hose connector itself will hold the hose? Thanks
By Kingpin
chris8414 wrote: August 28th, 2018, 3:05 pmI"m curious on how this works? Just placing a zip tie on the hose connector itself will hold the hose? Thanks
The general idea is that the zip tie will tighten the connector's hold on the hose, though additional options can be employed to reduce the chances of it coming loose.
By jnichols1081
I modified my connector to use magnets to both hod the connector to the flight suite and the hose to the connector. I drilled a hole in the back to create a pinch point to get a better grip on the fabric. and use plastic barbed hose connector i got for the home depot to create a rigid end and super glued the magnet to that. see pics below.

Imagecon whole by josh nichols, on Flickr
Imagecon back by josh nichols, on Flickr
one magnet in recessed hole and the other super glues to surface. need at least two to get the connector to sit right and sterdy while wearing the flight suit.
Imagecon front by josh nichols, on Flickr
Imagehose by josh nichols, on Flickr
why do cats always find their way into a pic?
Imageconehold back by josh nichols, on Flickr
showing how connector attaches to the fabric.
Imageconhold f by josh nichols, on Flickr

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]