A listing has popped up on the prop auction site Hake's featuring the radio-controlled Hero Ghost Trap prop from Ghostbusters II (most memorably seen during the court room and ghost jogger scenes), and the listing is a treasure trove of information.

For the starting bid of $20,000, the lucky winner will get to take home:

•Ghost Trap prop, complete with opening doors and internal electronics
•Ghost Trap foot pedal prop
•FP-series Futaba radio-control unit
•1991 auction letter from Camden House Auctioneers, Inc.
•1991 letter from Michael C. Gross

The auction is set to end on the 15th of November. For additional details about the prop, including photos, check out the topic.
Glenn Frederick, robbritton, One time and 1 others liked this
Auction description:
6x8x14" metal free-wheeling Ghost Trap prop used in both 1984's "Ghostbusters" and its 1989 sequel "Ghostbusters II" comes complete w/electrical wiring and connections, hydraulic foot pedal and remote control box that allows opening and closing of the trap's doors (comes w/display cable). The idea of the Ghost Trap was originated by Dan Aykroyd and is one of four manufactured by Academy Award-nominated special effects artist Chuck Gaspar (1938-2009), who worked on 70 different films and TV shows, such as "The Birds, Pale Rider" and "Armageddon." This prop was photographed for special effects sequences and was screen-used before being left w/"Ghostbusters" Associate Producer and "Ghostbusters II" Executive Producer Michael C. Gross. Prop shows scattered wear from use w/some dust soiling to remote control box. Handle was broken and has been professionally repaired. Ghost Trap no longer works, but doors to trap can be opened/closed manually. Fine overall and great for display. Comes w/photocopies of original lot description from original 1991 auction sale, instructions for use and letter from Gross. A rare and iconic piece of 1980s pop culture and a must for "Ghostbusters" fans. *Ghosts not included.
Additional photos from the auction:

Sav C, robbritton, Theoderic liked this
Interesting to see that they've given the Trap's measurements as 6inches by 8 inches by 14inches (no idea if that's to the top of the handle, or the top of the handle button). Additional neat revelations are that the pedal vector plate is attached via a metal wire, which presumably acts in accordance with the spring in bellows to keep it in the "extended" position when not depressed - celever, simple but effective.
And that we now have incredibly reference material for how the doors were mechanised.

On the notation about Ghostbusters, whilst the construction of the door mechanism appears similar to the one present in the Slimer trapping scene, I don't believe this one ever actually appeared on-screen (the biggest clue to me that the Sedgewick Trap has a very prominent bit of welding on the handle, which this prop doesn't have).

And for those wondering if this is indeed the genuine article (because I did as well), here are some comparisons between the Hero Trap on-screen, and the prop above:

Holy f%&$&in gee-zus... that's awesome! Thanks a lot for posting these :shock:

Even though this wouldn't be affordable at all (well, unless you're insanely rich plus insanely insane - since it's actually like the damn, existing holy grail himself), it brings some invaluable pictures of the actual screen used prop-trap for all us maniac trap-builders as reference.
I'm literally stunned.

Greetz...
deadderek liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

EDIT: Accidentally left out a chunk in chapter one[…]