What a great thread & effort! I realize you may not want to jump back into an element of this, but if you'd like I'd happily disassemble and take calipered measurements of the right lens adapters. In the meantime, it might be useful for people in the future to have a clear shot of them in this thread:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0akn2p3jr2tp2 ... S.jpg?dl=0
slicerd1 wrote: February 13th, 2018, 10:26 am 1. Amazing job

2. Thanks so much for sharing the files

3. I see you wear glasses. Do the original frames fit over your glasses. I printed a frame on Thingiverse but they definitely don't fit over my glasses so just wondering.
Sorry, I haven't peeked in on this thread for a while. Thanks for the compliments.

I cannot wear these goggles over my glasses. I just have them ride on my head. As I wrote, I built these to add some bling to my costume when someone takes a picture of me from the front.

I'd note that the foam padding starts to come unglued with the goggles sitting on my head for hours, like at a convention. My body heat loosens up the rubber cement. Real contact cement would work better, but I only had rubber cement on hand at the time.
slicerd1 liked this
westies14 wrote: March 10th, 2018, 9:07 am What a great thread & effort! I realize you may not want to jump back into an element of this, but if you'd like I'd happily disassemble and take calipered measurements of the right lens adapters. In the meantime, it might be useful for people in the future to have a clear shot of them in this thread:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0akn2p3jr2tp2 ... S.jpg?dl=0
I (and I'm sure the group) would certainly welcome clear photos and measurements of the right lens. With such reference it wouldn't take that long to tweak my 3D model. I don't know that I'd be up for printing a new set of lenses unless there was a horrible discrepancy, but the model would be out there for others.

Thanks.
Turbomini73 wrote: February 19th, 2018, 9:11 pm Very AWESOME the finish on the paint looks amazing..... did I miss the part where you mentioned where you got the snaps?
The small snaps around the perimeter (into which the "official" padded piece would snap) were molded into the second, cruddier set of goggle frames I got off of eBay. That was the main reason I bought that second goggles frame, despite those snaps being somewhat corroded. All of the big snaps except one on the right side were also already attached to the goggles, though those are standard snaps you can get most anywhere.

At some point in the next week or so I'll post a few more photos that detail my finishing of the prop.
Since this post has the best 3d files for gogles eyepieces that I have found, it inspired me to make my own set of ecto-goggles. I couldnt find an STl for the actual goggle that I liked, so I did some research, found some good reference pictures and some basic dimensions, and made my own base goggle 3D model. It is by no means a complete, but an experienced builder should have little trouble making it into finished goggles.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3168887
Last edited by NotSabbat on December 1st, 2018, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goodale.jason wrote: June 16th, 2022, 5:36 pm hey awesome goggles well done! im interested in how you trimmed the foam for the inside of the goggle frame
Sorry, I never quite buttoned up this build thread with my final steps.

The foam strip is foam window seal tape. I think this is what I used:

This package is 1 1/4". I used a straight edge and sharp knife to cut it down to 1".

I then cut triangular darts that would let me bend the foam around the corners:

I initially just used some rubber cement I had kicking around to glue the foam to the goggles shell to get it ready for Con I was building these for, but my body heat would quickly loosen the ends. I later used E6000 to really hold it on there. It hasn't budged since.

Cheers!
Kingpin liked this
goodale.jason wrote: June 18th, 2022, 3:38 pm that looks hgreat really slick around the corners... so was it some trial and error to get those cuts correct?
Yes, I think I conducted some trial and error using paper or a cereal box. Once I had something that seemed to be working I transferred that to the foam and snipped away.
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]