Marcus B wrote: June 27th, 2018, 6:14 pm I don't think venkman71 is sketchy
Agreed. Also, no one involved in the research or creation of both this kit as well or the legacy pack are "sketchy". They are all loving fans who've become loving professionals. We are acrhivists and preservationists. No shenanigans. I've been told the build video may still be back on.

-V71
NotSabbat liked this
I’m currently building the anovos pack and have a question for anyone that has built theirs with electronics.

The red button at the end of the handle/barrel for the particle thrower, how did you install it and route the wiring?

The only way I can think to do it and keep the functionality is to drill through from the side into the barrel. Then run the wires through the inner barrel. The initial hole would have to be filled in with bondo or epoxy then repainted.

Any thoughts?
soundwavewill wrote: December 23rd, 2018, 10:46 am I’m currently building the anovos pack and have a question for anyone that has built theirs with electronics.

The red button at the end of the handle/barrel for the particle thrower, how did you install it and route the wiring?

The only way I can think to do it and keep the functionality is to drill through from the side into the barrel. Then run the wires through the inner barrel. The initial hole would have to be filled in with bondo or epoxy then repainted.

Any thoughts?

That’s exactly how I routed my wires... Dremeled a channel for them into the hole I drilled into the barrel. Eventually, I’d like to use some black heat shrink to cover up the wiring.

Last edited by mike_waclo on May 10th, 2019, 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soundwavewill liked this
That would be my guess however when I said "the build video will never happen" he said it was still in the works. I wanna say a month ago in a different thread. *runs off to search*
By ccv66
Laser scanned shell with pack kit or the spenglar pack is cast off of a real shell. I got the kit and happy with the shell but I'm "meh" with the rest of the kit parts. However Anovos is terrible company to order from and their kits or poorly done. If I could get just the shell, I'd order one but getting anything else from Anovos , assume you'll have to fix it and upgrade it. The gbfans shop is usually the safest place to get parts
trevdev liked this
Hey everyone, new member here. I have a question regarding the anovos shell and more specifically where the HGA attaches. I know it's a peg and hole set up but what I want to know is if the peg can be removed without having to patch a hole. I buying a kit from someone locally and the HGA is missing and I was planning on buying a resin HGa from the shop and mounting it...but now that I see how the included was supposed to attach I'm getting anxious. Really dont want to have to patch and reinforce a hole to attach the HGA from the shoo.
By ccv66
I cut mine off, sanded it flat reinforced with some jb weld With washer on the inside.. I do have the anovos HGA that I'd probably sell. It's not terrible but i like the after market ones better
So how about that build video?

Anovos is such a poor excuse for a company, hope the lawsuit takes every single penny amd they go bankrupt.

No way to run a company.
Any type of instructions would be helpful. Not all of us are as knowledgeable about these packs and know where each nut, bolt and washer go.

I too hate Anovos and will never do business with them again or refer them to anyone.

But please, someone do a video or instructions. You will be forever in my debt.
deadderek liked this
I am just finishing my build for Halloween with the Anovos Proton Pack Kit & a bunch of upgraded parts, sound & lights from the GBFans shop.

In the end, I will have a very nice proton pack that will be better than anything that I could have made myself from scratch using plans. The kit itself would be amazing if they had taken the time to QA the build process and fix the issues. Personally I had the following problems which I had to fix and deal with:

• My trigger box was extremely brittle and cracked in two places. I had to get a 3D printed one off ebay to replace it, and the replacement was slightly smaller than the one in the kit.
  • My shell was cracked right at the bottom of the power cell. I had to repair this with epoxy putty.
  • The pre-drilled holes were off all over the place and had to be re-drilled - for the bellows on the bumper, for the bottom of the wand, and on the motherboard itself for connecting to the pack.
  • The kit did not include enough washers and nuts for all the places they were needed. I had to buy more.
  • The instructions are quite bad for how complex the assembly is. The instructions needed to be broken down into a lot more steps and the parts & hardware needed to be better labeled so you could actually tell what went where. Stickers with part numbers on the actual parts with labels - like Part A, B C, D etc would have helped immensely.
  • Installing the blue acrylic window for the power cell was an absolute nightmare. Took at least 30min of very careful dremel use to even out a space for it to even fit and even more to get the circuit board for the lights to fit on top of that in the correct position.
  • The replica clipards are very brittle where the screws are supposed to go in. Do not attempt to tighten them at all or it will simply break apart and need to be repaired with epoxy.
  • Many of the friction fit cutouts did not fit the attachment points on the corresponding pieces and had to be sanded down to fit. This included the vent in the motherboard as well.
  • Several of the holes in the wand were too small to be able to fit the new switches from the GB fans sound kit. Had to drill them 1/2 out from the inside.
I made my share of my own mistakes as this was my first build, but it seemed like every single time I tried to assemble something there was extra steps involved or something that had to be fixed first. Overall very frustrating.

The end result is a pretty good replica proton pack and a lot of relief that I am finished with it after solving all the problems.
da_rambler20 wrote: December 12th, 2019, 6:28 am sooooo......how about that build video?
Never gonna happen. Anovos has been exposed for the scam they are.
RedSpecial liked this

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]