Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Fritz
I've ordered Egon and Winston from Amazon; they keep saying they'll be here in about two weeks, but on the other hand they haven't shipped yet.

Why did they put Slimer in charge of that?! :-DImage

EDIT: And after sitting in processing hell for a week in a half, this morning I get an email saying it's been shipped and will arrive today. I guess Slimer noticed my joke and sped things up. Image
Kingpin liked this
By Fritz
slaysghosts wrote: January 13th, 2019, 2:10 pm Awesome news Fritz, let us know what you think of them after you get them.
They actually arrived later that day, but I was a bit busy with other things to deal with them immediately.

But as Cheech Marin once said, "better late than never"

So first I opened the Amazon box:
:-D

Egon
Winston

Closer-ups of the characters in the box, and Egon's equipment. They're the same for both: proton thrower (attached to the pack), PKE Meter, Ghost Trap, and four gloved hands

The "bookends" of the boxes look snazzy together. I'm gonna save these so I can eventually put all four together:

So, if you're one of those guys who is horrified by people actually opening up their toys because it spoils the resale value, well, look away now because it's about to happen.

Last chance.

Here we go:
Because I'm me, I opened Egon first.
The Ghost Trap's cable doesn't unfold well, and both PKE Meters had slightly bent prongs. That may improve with them out of the boxes; we'll see.
There's a bag with an ad for DST's other Ghostbuster stuff, and instructions on building the Firehouse diorama. I put the extra hands and the proton stream in this bag. In a wonderful nod to the Kenner toys, the proton streams are the same colors as the proton streams in the legendary Series 1 figures from 1986: Red for Egon, yellow for Winston, with Venkman's to be green and Ray's to be orange.
And here's the Professor with his PKE Meter:
The Proton Pack with thrower attached:
The Trap even attaches to the pack, just like in the show! But like I said, the cord on the trap is bent all weird for now:
Here's Egon's diorama bits:
And now for Winston, showing off his proton beam:
DST knows their stuff--they gave us two of the clear plastic pieces that attach the beams to the throwers with each figure. Those things can be easy to lose.
I'm not as big on the gloved hands as some people here are, since they didn't use them often in the show, but here's Winston trying them out:
:whatever: --Jazz hands, Man!
Ray is the only one I'll probably display in gloves most of the time, though.
Winston's diorama parts (along with this beam):

And last but not least, one shot of half the team together, wondering where the other half is:

My inner fifteen year old is seriously pleased with these guys.
Kingpin, Matt Campbell liked this
By slaysghosts
Only reference I can find is Amazon: March 27
Who knows how accurate that is.

Another note:

Got my Egon and Winston today, haven't opened yet. Will probably customize slightly w/ changing a few colors/shades and cleaning up some lines. So far, from just looking at them through the packaging, they look awesome in person.

EDIT:
Opened them. They're fantastic. Struggling w/ what to do w/ my Zeddemore.
Came like this from Amazon:

Couldn't help but pull out my paintbrush and do a down n dirty clean up:

Like the joints and the stream and everything else feels solid.....struggling w/ ordering another w/ a perfect logo, doing a kitbash, then returning the defective logo........what I cleaned up looks ok enough from two feet away but I know it's a botched logo....internal struggle w/ my mind more or less I think.
Last edited by slaysghosts on January 19th, 2019, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Matt Campbell
I managed to find Real Ghostbusters Winston in a store at West Edmonton Mall on Boxing Day but Egon and Slimer weren't there, so I've found and ordered Egon off of Amazon and he should be arriving in the mail this week. I'm still looking for a decently priced Slimer as he was not on Amazon and the ones I've seen on eBay have been priced at over $50 + shipping, maybe I'll buy the spud straight from Diamond Select's website as I was thinking of getting some stands for my figures from them anyway.

I'm digging the RGB Winston and get a kick out of his proton stream being the same colour as his Kenner counterpart from my childhood. The only issue I had was that when I took the proton gun out of the plastic and put it on the hook on the pack, the hose that connects it to the pack appears to have broken away from the gun end. So that's 3 hoses I have to reconnect now as my Quitting Time Ray and We're Back Egon suffered the same fate.
By dalbyspook
Greetings UK folks. I finally gave up on my Forbidden Planet pre-order for Winston, Egon and Slimer as it was just too vague and possibly looking like they weren't getting them. I took the plunge and ordered from Nerd Toys, who now appear to actually have the wave in stock, if anyone's still looking.

Fingers crossed!
By Wiggyof9
slaysghosts wrote: January 18th, 2019, 9:11 pm Like the joints and the stream and everything else feels solid.....struggling w/ ordering another w/ a perfect logo, doing a kitbash, then returning the defective logo........what I cleaned up looks ok enough from two feet away but I know it's a botched logo....internal struggle w/ my mind more or less I think.
You did a great job fixing the logo, especially considering how botched it was.

GBnews posted their review finally and for the first time in any review I have seen showed the fire house progress. Holly hell this thing is huge. I still have my stuff in package mostly because i think to open them all up once i have all the diorama pieces so I didnt realize just how tall this will be. At least it wont be too deep so I can just adjust some shelves once the final figures are released.

Based on the reviews i have seen it looks like the RGB wave has done better than the GB2 waves. I have seen a lot of YouTube comments from people that didnt know about the line and want the RGB stuff. I also got at least 1 person to buy the entire fire house series. Im crossing my finger that febs toy fair will have good news for us, especially with a new movie in 2020.
dalbyspook, Kingpin liked this
By Jangonate
Final wave should land in February. Won’t know exact dates until they pop up on Diamond, but I know that finished figures in box have been sent out to a celebrity. Wrestler dude who loves Ghostbusters. Maybe you know of who I speak.
By Doctor Venkman
Man, I've had some seriously bad luck with Wave 8. On my first purchase, Venkman and Winston's hands snapped off at the pegs. DST replaced them (after far too many emails chasing them down, and about a month). And then Winston's hand snapped off again on the new one. Really sucks that they can't get these working better.

And yes, I know about heating up the arms to loosen the hand pegs a bit. I've never had an issue prior to this wave, but it has me scared to even try anymore.
By SSJmole
Doctor Venkman wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 12:25 pm Man, I've had some seriously bad luck with Wave 8. On my first purchase, Venkman and Winston's hands snapped off at the pegs. DST replaced them (after far too many emails chasing them down, and about a month). And then Winston's hand snapped off again on the new one. Really sucks that they can't get these working better.

And yes, I know about heating up the arms to loosen the hand pegs a bit. I've never had an issue prior to this wave, but it has me scared to even try anymore.
So what you're saying is like Ghostbusters 3 Bill Murray is very ... 😎 Hands off!

I'm sorry I had too lol but yeah that sucks dude. Reminds me of how pissed I was with on my pop viynls (harley Quinn from suicide squad) she won't stand up and fell over so many times it's damaged her , luckily I have a spare in its box but I wanted one for my office desk. It's worse though with yours as yours seem more designed to be played with while my pops are just ornaments. Hopefully you have better luck in future
By Wiggyof9
mbd wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 2:10 pm Should be good news for RGB........ https://www.previewsworld.com/Article/2 ... ember-2018
This is good news. I hope the next series follows suit. I think we will see RGB carry into 2019 and hopefully lead up to possible figures for the 2020 movie. I hope DST can get that license. I also hope the success of the line brings in enough money to warrant getting the license for the ghosts from GB2, which is apparently separate.
By LUDY
Really diggin' these RGB figures. I'd prefer a set that look more cartoon-accurate and less "realistic," but eh...what are ya gonna do?

Among a few things I'll be fixing or customizing on these guys, the first thing I HAD to fix was the PKE Meter. Those arms turned out really bad and look nothing like the prototypes. I snipped off those measly arms, carefully drilled out a space for the wire, glued it into place, and touched up the ends with some yellow paint. The bonus here is, since I used wire, the arms can bend to most desired positions.

Now, onto fixing those trap cords!

Croker, Kingpin, Jonobiwan and 2 others liked this
By Jangonate
Looks like the final wave of the Firehouse line releases next Wednesday (the 13th). This is according to Diamond Comics. You know? My wife hasn’t gotten me anything for Valentine’s Day, yet...
By Wiggyof9
That means another month before bbts ships mostly likely.

I cant wait to get the final wave of this series. Most of my figures are in package waiting to be opened so I can build the firehouse. Going to have a fun time opening them all in a few weeks.
By Wiggyof9
So, the first day of Toy Fair is almost over. DST apparently does their press on Days 2. Aside from then Funko stuff I have not heard anything at all in regards to Ghostbusters stuff. With Series 10 already shipping (some have them in hand from smaller comic shops) I don't expect DST to have a Ghostbusters presence unless they will be announcing a new set of 5 series, that would lead us up to the new movie.

What do you guys think DST will show off at the show, if anything?

Personally, I expect to see RGB Janine and maybe Citizen Ghost variants of the RGB busters. I hope for People Busters and Boogey Man prototypes as well as a mock up of the RGB containment unit, or the movie version of the basement. I guess we will see tomorrow.
By Peter Venkman Jr.
I just ordered the next series of action figures from Big Bad Toy Store. Looking forward to opening them. I really do hope that DST is not yet done with the Real Ghostbusters toy wise. @Wiggyof9 I too would like to see an RGB style Janine and People Busters action figures. The Citizen Ghost figures would be pretty cool as well, especially since Mattel only gave us Peter's double as a blind boxed exclusive for the 2010 San Diego Comic Con.
By ccv66
Looks like first RGB wave did well and I can't imagine ray & Peter doing worse, if not better. Citizen busters too easy not to do. From there I'd guess all the characters that showed up in multiple episodes. Waiting 30 years for some people busters, probably wait a little longer
By Kingpin
I find myself in the position of having a We're Back with a broken thrower hose (disconnected from the Proton Gun handle). I'm after repair techniques/guidance... So far the main techniques I've encountered are drilling, or using a drawing pin to make a hole for a hose... But I'm keen to hear from folks who've actually done these as to how effective they are.
By shanedalton
Kingpin wrote:I find myself in the position of having a We're Back with a broken thrower hose (disconnected from the Proton Gun handle). I'm after repair techniques/guidance... So far the main techniques I've encountered are drilling, or using a drawing pin to make a hole for a hose... But I'm keen to hear from folks who've actually done these as to how effective they are.
I've had two break at the thrower right out of package. What I've started doing is using an xacto knife and boring a joke in the thrower handle. Then I replace the plastic cord completely with an elastic one that I have extra of from doing ring ropes on a wrestling ring.

I'll try to remember to take a pic after I get home.
Kingpin liked this
By Wiggyof9
So, https://news.toyark.com/ has started to post pics of the DST booth and so far there is nothing about Ghostbusters. The list all of the licenses being covered at the show and then they activate the links as they post, but none of them mention Ghostbusters. This is rather disappointing. It seems like they hinted at having something to show.
By Coover5
I'm still waiting for them to release the Star Trek TNG phaser they promised in 2015 so I'm not surprised news was disappointing from them.
By Wiggyof9
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote: February 17th, 2019, 5:59 pm There's no way that they don't at least have the Diorama and RGB figures on display, still waiting to see what's going on.
Well, there really isn't reason to have the figures already being released at the show. Series 10 already shipped. This show is for media and buyers, not really fans like SDCC is. That's why there are no show exclusives like you see with CONs. It's a trade show.

Unless they are holding something back until Sunday, there is nothing GB related coming out of DST at Toy Fair which probably means nothing this year. This is really unfortunate because much like the Mattel line we have a lot of Ghostbusters, but not a whole lot of ghosts. Worst of all, no RGB ghosts.
By Wiggyof9
So DST posted on facebook about some Toy Fair stuff and a few people asked about where new Ghostbusters were. They said many times over that more are coming, but nothing more. So, i guess they are officially doing more, but when we will see them us anyones guess. I assume SDCC.
By ccv66
Might be a good thing. If it was a wait and see how rgb did before continuing the line, they've only had a few months to consider moving forward. Obviously easy for them to kick out citizen ghost mock ups, hopefully they're holding those back to finish creating the next series/ diorama. With a display at comic Con and probably a late fall release
Peter Venkman Jr. liked this
By 910dohead
I just received a pre-order arrival e-mail from Big Bad Toy Store, thinking it was for Series 10 (which appears to be trickling out now). However, when I opened the e-mail, it says its for Marshmallow Mess Egon Spengler? Wasn't this supposed to be coming out later in March or April? Did anyone else get this e-mail? I have also been charged the $17.99 plus shipping. Well, I guess that's a total surprise and if anyone else wants to grab it, it's available and IN STOCK on Big Bad's site.
ccv66 liked this
Hasbro Ghostbusters

It could have been more accurate (barrel and[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]