Hi everyone,

Namssorg here. It's been awhile. I was a regular daily visitor to the pack build threads back in 2011-2012 and sporadically have checked in from time to time after I finished that build. Maybe some of you remember my build thread.

I don't know if this can be easily answered without me browsing the pack forums for hours, but since ~2012, what's new with packs? Any big new discoveries? What are the latest mods and methods people are using?

When I built my pack, GB1 cables were finally starting to be produced- in fact that was one of the last things I added to my pack. Also, there still wasn't quite a totally integrated board for both light + sound, so my pack has about 5 little boards in it that all do different things - pack lights, gun lights, an audio chip, a tiny amplifier, etc. It seems like things are getting a little more streamlined there. More metal parts seem(?) to be available too.

Just curious what's new, and if anything is worth upgrading! Exciting time to be back here :)
Seems like over the past few years we've lost sellers. Seems like people were getting burnt out. Stuff is getting harder to find, but I don't think much is different. Not sure what your pack has, lights move faster when it heats up, makes alarm sound when it over heats and the shoots smoke out of the n filter. Getting incandescent bulbs for pack is kinda cool, but besides accuracy is worse in every way. Video game lighting.. better stuff for the Mattel wands. Gizmo kits, upgrades for your wand bar graph.. is there anything on your pack you'd want to upgrade?
Thanks for the update!
My pack (photo here!)
has an 'overheat' mode on the lights, but it's not tied into an overheat sound. I did go back about a year ago and added a charging plate, and did an e-cig mod (which is currently manually controlled.)

If anything I'd love to go in and simplify the electronics one day. I'm pretty happy with it as-is, but was curious what the status quo was.

When I was building mine, it seemed like every couple of weeks someone had made a new discovery, measurement, or unseen closeup of something on one of the screen-used packs. Metal parts were juuuust starting to be made and there were still arguments about diameters of some of the tubing, etc. Which meant a lot of the stuff I was building with had to be tweaked a bit. Made for a pretty fun build.

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]