Sav C wrote: January 19th, 2019, 1:18 pm I'm pretty sure they can always have a new one custom made--fiberglass shells and whatnot. It would cost a pretty penny, but I'm sure it is doable.
Naaah the 2020 one needs to be a modern day Camaro like bumblebee from transformers as now they might not make more transformer movies Sony can make a sweet sweet penny on that Camaro product placement money

I'm now banned from the site aren't I? :lol:
Sav C liked this
Yes, the logo on the car isn't the logo as seen in the movie. From my understanding, the whole entire back door isn't either. The door originally belonged to the Ecto-1A and was fit onto Ecto-1 during the last restoration (as the 1A was being used as parts). I read this years back and I am sure you can all find this info with some old forum digging here on the site. Besides, who cares about the logo on the car when this is about the teaser? There's a ton of inaccuracies with the Ecto-1 now versus what's seen the films.
The story of Ecto 1s rear door during restoration is probably the only useful thing I’ve ever brought to the forum, many years ago, though others had the information to fill the story. viewtopic.php?t=22180
Besides this, does anyone else think what’s left of the 1A may be used and abused in the new movie as it’s still owned and stored by Sony? The 1 was used just for the shoot of the teaser I guess as it’s more mobile and only a quick peak, I think 1A is likely to be used as the wreck version in the movie itself.
Sav C wrote: January 19th, 2019, 1:18 pm I'm pretty sure they can always have a new one custom made--fiberglass shells and whatnot. It would cost a pretty penny, but I'm sure it is doable.
Not to mention if the studio wanted to recreate one they’d have the resources to go out and find one. No doubt the 59 Miller meteor is even more rare now than it was in the 80’s but if Sony wants one I’m sure Sony could get one.
Sav C liked this
I agree, I don't think the car from the teaser is the original from the first film that sits on the lot BUT if it comes out officially that it was then I'll happily admit to being wrong. I'd love it if the original was there for stationary shots, like Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca in EP7. Anytime chewie is sitting it was Peter. For ep 8 and Solo it's been Joonas full time playing Chewbacca.

I've heard rumors the cast are supposed to be 12/ 13...what's the point of showing us the Ecto if the kids aren't even old enough to drive it?
I've heard rumors the cast are supposed to be 12/ 13...what's the point of showing us the Ecto if the kids aren't even old enough to drive it?
Aside from the infamous logo? Well, I dont remember anywhere else the GB's stored the packs in the first 2 movies. Or I could be horribly wrong, were if that is the case somebody please slime me! lol
RealGhostbusterJay wrote: January 20th, 2019, 3:10 amI've heard rumors the cast are supposed to be 12/ 13...what's the point of showing us the Ecto if the kids aren't even old enough to drive it?
Because isn't it going to be like the new star wars if old and new? I assume the 13 year old didn't invent the tech or anything. I assume older busters will be with them and will drive them to missions , give advice ect...
Again, if true, I think these 12-13 year olds will just be civilians living in the small town. Maybe they're attacked by the supernatural threat or minor ghosts or try to report the weird activity to the Ghostbusters or one or more them fool them into coming to the town to investigate. I don't think they will be strapping on Proton Packs. That was a rule that Egon invoked in GB2. But I'm not against that through the course of the movie, they recognize potential in these children and hint that they could be their successors and offer to mentor them, with their parents' permission.
Again, if true, I think these 12-13 year olds will just be civilians living in the small town. Maybe they're attacked by the supernatural threat or minor ghosts or try to report the weird activity to the Ghostbusters or one or more them fool them into coming to the town to investigate. I don't think they will be strapping on Proton Packs. That was a rule that Egon invoked in GB2. But I'm not against that through the course of the movie, they recognize potential in these children and hint that they could be their successors and offer to mentor them, with their parents' permission.
;)
910dohead wrote: January 19th, 2019, 1:43 pmFrom my understanding, the whole entire back door isn't either.
910dohead wrote: January 19th, 2019, 1:43 pmThe door originally belonged to the Ecto-1A and was fit onto Ecto-1 during the last restoration (as the 1A was being used as parts).

Who you gonna call? Mythbusters!:)

So this theory's been hanging around for a while now, and while it was considered in the topic Dr. Paul linked to, it is easy to disprove just by going back to the restoration documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjXvCHnHjVw

The main cause of confusion is that shots of Ecto-1A were mixed in with Ecto-1 during the documentary, some of which are displayed below:

Everything in the above-image is Ecto-1A*. The two top-most images show the pattern of chipped paint on the driver-side rear quarter. The middle image shows the door with the "ghosting" outline of the Ghostbusters II logo. The pattern of chips on the quarter beneath the fin that are present in the two upper images are visible in the middle image, as is the hose that's fed into the fuel cap. The lowest image is one of the few other shots to show the decal outline.

*Unlike her sister, Ecto-1A had a bracket which spanned the width of the roof, visible in the above shots, and more clearly here in this one from when Ecto-1A was at the same restoration workshop:

Finally, here's a shot of Ecto-1 when she was at the workshop:

The chips in the paintwork don't match, and the bigger clue that we're looking at two different cars is the absence of any evidence of the whip-antenna mount on the rear-quarter in the above image.

There's a possibility other parts were swapped between the two cars - though there's nothing I recall hearing from the people featured in the documentary suggesting this was the case - there is no proof the doors on Ecto-1 and Ecto-1A were ever swapped. :)

RealGhostbusterJay wrote: January 20th, 2019, 3:10 am I agree, I don't think the car from the teaser is the original from the first film that sits on the lot
I don't see why there's so much doubt it's the original car. The scale and positioning of the rear door's logo seems to line up with other photos of the car following the 2008 refurbishment.
RealGhostbusterJay wrote: January 20th, 2019, 3:10 amI've heard rumors the cast are supposed to be 12/ 13...what's the point of showing us the Ecto if the kids aren't even old enough to drive it?
Although that rumor's really doing the rounds at the moment, I don't believe anything from Jason or Sony has confirmed that so far.
dr.paul, Sav C, Theoderic and 1 others liked this
Kingpin wrote: January 20th, 2019, 1:00 pm
910dohead wrote: January 19th, 2019, 1:43 pmFrom my understanding, the whole entire back door isn't either.
910dohead wrote: January 19th, 2019, 1:43 pmThe door originally belonged to the Ecto-1A and was fit onto Ecto-1 during the last restoration (as the 1A was being used as parts).

Who you gonna call? Mythbusters!:)

So this theory's been hanging around for a while now, and while it was considered in the topic Dr. Paul linked to, it is easy to disprove just by going back to the restoration documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjXvCHnHjVw

The main cause of confusion is that shots of Ecto-1A were mixed in with Ecto-1 during the documentary, some of which are displayed below:

- image -

Everything in the above-image is Ecto-1A*. The two top-most images show the pattern of chipped paint on the driver-side rear quarter. The middle image shows the door with the "ghosting" outline of the Ghostbusters II logo. The pattern of chips on the quarter beneath the fin that are present in the two upper images are visible in the middle image, as is the hose that's fed into the fuel cap. The lowest image is one of the few other shots to show the decal outline.

*Unlike her sister, Ecto-1A had a bracket which spanned the width of the roof, visible in the above shots, and more clearly here in this one from when Ecto-1A was at the same restoration workshop:

- image -

Finally, here's a shot of Ecto-1 when she was at the workshop:

- image -

The chips in the paintwork don't match, and the bigger clue that we're looking at two different cars is the absence of any evidence of the whip-antenna mount on the rear-quarter in the above image.

There's a possibility other parts were swapped between the two cars - though there's nothing I recall hearing from the people featured in the documentary suggesting this was the case - there is no proof the doors on Ecto-1 and Ecto-1A were ever swapped. :)

RealGhostbusterJay wrote: January 20th, 2019, 3:10 am I agree, I don't think the car from the teaser is the original from the first film that sits on the lot
I don't see why there's so much doubt it's the original car. The scale and positioning of the rear door's logo seems to line up with other photos of the car following the 2008 refurbishment.
Although that rumor's really doing the rounds at the moment, I don't believe anything from Jason or Sony has confirmed that so far.

Excellent - thanks for the sound clarification, this is why this ist the place to go, when reliable informations is needed 'bout all the bustin' and stuff! :-D

Hail to the King! :wink:
dr.paul, Kingpin liked this
Throwing out a little inside baseball for everyone.

Sony has very few IPs that they own in their entirety. They lost Bond, most of Spider-Man, and have historically (at least over the last few years) had more than a few big-budgeted movies miss the mark. I know for a fact the attitude towards the reboot was sorta "Feig is hot, Ghostbusters is beloved, this is surefire." I've heard stories from crewmembers about how dismissive and unfocused Amy Pascal was during production. What's my point?

Sony needs to get something back on track. So we're getting Men In Black and Ghostbusters within a short span of time. Men in Black is riding on starpower more than anything else. But I guarantee Ghostbusters is being looked at with the finest of combs. Aside from the obvious, Jason Reitman is a peculiar choice. He does mostly character drive, indie dramadies.

My point? Read between the lines of what we do know (not the unsubstantiated rumors) and it paints a pretty interesting picture. Sony is seemingly trying to do what the reboot should have. They're doing something totally different from the original and that is the only way to go if they want this to be the huge franchise they need it to be.

We have a whole year, we know next to nothing about this so take every bit of news with a truckload of salt.
Sigh, Disney is never happy enough. I LOVE Star Wars but... Unless its really something else, I dont think Id be interested in paying strikingly high admission prices to something I couldve enjoyed at Comic Con.
timeware liked this
I agree with you the prices are insane.
Heck, I already bought my Finn jacket for the exact occasion.
I'm really looking forward to the Falcon ride, and new types of technology they'll be using. At the Con they'll have card board boxes built up to look like the cockpit of the Falcon and you can pay Harrison Ford about a grand to pose with you. LoL.
back liked this
timeware wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 3:14 pm I agree with you the prices are insane.
Heck, I already bought my Finn jacket for the exact occasion.
I'm really looking forward to the Falcon ride, and new types of technology they'll be using. At the Con they'll have card board boxes built up to look like the cockpit of the Falcon and you can pay Harrison Ford about a grand to pose with you. LoL.
If it helps the Paris one is getting star wars and marvel lands. I love the Florida one nothing can compare but if you are in Europe it might be money saver

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]