Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By JWils23
SpaceBallz wrote: January 19th, 2019, 11:44 pm Meanwhile at the Ghostbusters 3 premiere:

It’s funny how true this is. The man who supposedly has held up a third movie all these years, would at the same time be celebrated if he was in the third movie. Admittedly I’d be in that group, I love Murray and what he brings to the table.
Alphagaia liked this
By savintheday
I've always respected Bill's decision to not want to do a GB3. But now that it's happening...god damn it he'd better show up! :lol:

And yeah, if the story starts out in a small town, great, but they've gotta bring it back to the old firehouse! Can't do a Ghostbusters movie without New York.
Sav C, deadderek, Alphagaia and 1 others liked this
By timeware
I have mixed feelings with Bill being involved. I'm kind of pissed about his not wanting to do this but if it took his involvement to get things rolling, I'm all for it.

Something also kind of just dawned on me. Is it completely out of the question for them to be including the kids from stranger things in the new movie? They are already teens and the plot would make sense with their popular GB episode. Although since the GB's exist as a movie in that show...Stranger things have happened.
Alphagaia liked this
By Dr._P_Venkman
Suuuuure, Skepticism from a group that defend to the death the "fact" that a now 10+ year old documentary will be coming out "next year" just because they put money into the kick-starter...

My only view on a third installment;

In regards to the 2016 reboot:
A new film won't destroy your old movie, you'll always have "Ghostbusters" in your collection [Sic].

In regards to the proposed sequel:
A new film won't destroy the reboot, they will always have "answer the call" to weaponize against the fandom.

Let the fun begin.
By Alphagaia
But, but I don't want to weaponize against the fandom. I want to proclaim to like any movie without extreme consequence.

To everyone here: I really hope we can have a fun ride towards the release of the new movie without the constant squabble / mean spirited comparisons between ATC and non ATC fans. Treat each other with respect!
Sav C liked this
By Davideverona
I'm so overjoyed with the GB3 announcement PLUS teaser trailer that ATC doesn't bother me anymore.... I'll say that IDW made me like those characters, they saved Feig's work.

As for the small town setting, I find it interesting. Maybe these kids are those who prompt the old Ghostbusters back to investigate the paranormal threat. The Old Boys in Gray reunite halfway through the movie, realise that they need new blood and that the majority of the equipment is still stored in the Firehouse (Ray kept only the Ecto and a pack). Last act of the movie (i. e. new team training, equipment upgrades) and big battle set in NY.
Last edited by Kingpin on January 20th, 2019, 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Corrected accidental mispelling
mrmichaelt liked this
By SSJmole
robbritton wrote: January 19th, 2019, 11:16 pm I think she’s entitled to any reaction she wants, as she was put through the mill on the last one completely undeservedly and I can see myself being very angry in her shoes. Also she’s Leslie Jones, I’d have been more scandalised if she’d released some bland “that sounds good” statement!

All of this will play out as it will, and if Ernie was allowed to be hurt by ATCs announcement, then so is any ATC cast member allowed to be hurt by this. They’re all just humans after all.

This , plus it's very telling in my opinion that she was kinda right. Her point she says is she feels like now people are acting like she and the others don't exist or matter. Low and behold Ghostbusters fans saying she has no right to be upset and acting like her opinions don't matter. That kind of proves how badly the fans treated the female cast (her worst of all)

I like the original. I like the reboot. I have no problem if anyone involved in those is upset about the reboot or this one. It's their rigjt just like it was ok for Ernie to be upset by the reboot. That prooves they care and were emotionally invested in their role. Shouldn't we respect that?
Sav C liked this
By back
In regards to the 2016 reboot:
A new film won't destroy your old movie, you'll always have "Ghostbusters" in your collection [Sic].
You know, thats right! Sometimes Ghostbusters is just Ghostbusters, regardless of Who tells the story or How its told. Some could (including myself) overlook that from time to time & I should honestly be more grateful for it.
In regards to the proposed sequel:
A new film won't destroy the reboot, they will always have "answer the call" to weaponize against the fandom
Politics may be playing a part in these Interesting times were in, now, but Ghostbusters shouldnt be about politics, it should be about busting ghosts. No other agenda, just a group of relatively fearless individuals getting slimed & making us laugh.
I know everyone has their own feelings about some peoples tweets, but I thought the GB universe was colorblind. :whatever:
By ghoulishfright
The only politics tolerated in Ghostbusters should be stuff like this: "Y'know, I'm a voter. Aren't you supposed to lie to me and kiss my butt?"
By Dr._P_Venkman
I want to clear up my meaning of "weponizing the reboot".
By that I meant the perceived reactions of the supposed women hating fandom of Ghostbusters.
that moment in time soured the view of us to the general public through the media coverage during the movies production, release and reviews.
Now we're all "Women Hating, Basement Dwelling Neck Beard Cry Babies". Or something to that effect.
The announcement of this film will no doubt bring about a resurgence of GB fandom bashing.
back, Alphagaia, Sav C liked this
By back
By that I meant the perceived reactions of the supposed women hating fandom of Ghostbusters.
that moment in time soured the view of us to the general public through the media coverage during the movies production, release and reviews.
Now we're all "Women Hating, Basement Dwelling Neck Beard Cry Babies". Or something to that effect.
The announcement of this film will no doubt bring about a resurgence of GB fandom bashing.
Perhaps. Perhaps not... As more valid information surfaces (eventually) Im hoping for less of the GB bashing (period) & more of the "Welcome Home". :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB3NPNM4xgo
By SSJmole
back wrote: January 20th, 2019, 6:03 am
Perhaps. Perhaps not... As more valid information surfaces (eventually) Im hoping for less of the GB bashing (period) & more of the "Welcome Home". :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB3NPNM4xgo
Unlikely through as look in this thread. The fandom downplays the sexists and racists that are part of it. Blames the people who got attacked for defending themselves and say the women need to shut up and not have an opinion (though the same people probably welcomed when the men had an opinion on ATC) and posts like mine above saying bother her and the one from originals can be upset it's good it shows they cared about their movie = downvoted as does ever post praising the ATC cast

But no ..... This fandom isn't sexist at all.

Basically all ATC did is expose the sexist and racist part of the fandom and how entitled fans felt about a out a f****g movie. Because apparently physical assaults , verbal assaults and social media assaults are ok with this fandom because a movie > women. And the fandom hates it's exposed and just want to sweep it under the rug and pretend it never happened. It's disgusting and nothing should erase what happened instead we should learn from it , grow from it and welcome everyone.

But even now this film happens and on twitter ect.. instead of "this should be good" I've seen countless messages of "good now this time keep the lady busters out of it so it's actually good" so this film existing proves it wasnt about it been a reboot to most fans as the fandom uses to exuse the actions of those vile people. As if it was you'd just be happy it's in old continuity and not feel the need to add "no girls allowed"

It's sad as stuff like this reminds me why I hadn't touched anything ghostbusters in a year or two. As I don't like been in fandom that's this toxic towards others
back, Kingpin, Sav C and 2 others liked this
By SSJmole
Alphagaia wrote: January 20th, 2019, 6:59 am Don't mistake a few idiots as the whole fandom. Focus on quality sites like these where the idiots are quickly dealt with.
I mentioned this very thread though. I'm not just looking at one place I'm looking at the whole.
By Alphagaia
SSJmole wrote: January 20th, 2019, 7:02 am
Alphagaia wrote: January 20th, 2019, 6:59 am Don't mistake a few idiots as the whole fandom. Focus on quality sites like these where the idiots are quickly dealt with.
I mentioned this very thread though. I'm not just looking at one place I'm looking at the whole.
Could you give a few examples from this thread? I remember people hating on ATC here, but not in a sexist way?

Could have missed a few posts or misremembering ofcourse!
SpaceBallz liked this
By SSJmole
Alphagaia wrote: January 20th, 2019, 7:07 am
SSJmole wrote: January 20th, 2019, 7:02 am

Could you give a few examples from this thread? I remember people hating on ATC here, but not in a sexist way?
I mentioned the downplaying of the sexist stuff and basically acting like it didn't happen. Saying Leslie Jones isn't allowed to have an opinion or the fact anything positive to ATC = diwnvoted. It's more subtle here but it does seem like same ideals to me
Last edited by SSJmole on January 20th, 2019, 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alphagaia, Sav C liked this
By back
Basically all ATC did is expose the sexist and racist part of the fandom and how entitled fans felt about a out a f****g movie. Because apparently physical assaults , verbal assaults and social media assaults are ok with this fandom because a movie > women. And the fandom hates it's exposed and just want to sweep it under the rug and pretend it never happened. It's disgusting and nothing should erase what happened instead we should learn from it , grow from it and welcome everyone.
True. Any cast member is doing what their scripted to do, Act. Not every fan will be pleased with change. Infact, exactly as you mentioned some may generally disagree with anything Different or New to the GB universe.
I'll admit that ATC wasnt my favorite GB flick... But it was still Ghostbusters and I'll gladly admit that I loved the Holtzman character. We need to keep open minds to the future at hand.
It's sad as stuff like this reminds me why I hadn't touched anything ghostbusters in a year or two. As I don't like been in fandom that's this toxic towards others
Hey man, I know how you feel.
SSJmole, Alphagaia, Kingpin and 2 others liked this
By Kingpin
Jangonate wrote: January 19th, 2019, 1:31 pmAnd it's all centered on having kid leads.
I'm not keen on the rumours I've heard, but what a number of people critiquing that casting rumor aren't doing is taking into account that it hasn't yet been the least bit confirmed by Reitman or Sony. Until we hear something official from either of those two sources, it's largely wild speculation.
timeware wrote: January 19th, 2019, 5:47 pm Is everyone in agreement that we don't want fallout boy anywhere near the new soundtrack?
I'm not in agreement to that.
I never understood the utter hate towards Fall Out Boy and their cover of the theme - it's no worse than the Run DMC offering, and they were a band who were popular at the time the reboot came out.

For what it's worth, I'm greatly disappointed in Leslie Jones' response to all this. I perfectly understand her disappointment in the final confirmation that the reboot won't be getting a sequel, the wide conclusions and remarks she made, however, were utterly uncalled for.

I feel we have a great learning opportunity here, a chance to not repeat the mistakes this community as a whole has made in the past. Let's let this new project be a chance to celebrate, rather than an example to divide us futher, or as an excuse to attack the reboot even more than it already has.
Alphagaia, back, dr.paul and 6 others liked this
By back
I feel we have a great learning opportunity here, a chance to not repeat the mistakes this community as a whole has made in the past.
Agreed! Couldnt had said it better in a 1000 lifetimes.
Lets not dwell on what Has been done but look forward on whats Yet to be completed :)
Alphagaia, Sav C, Kingpin liked this
By montclaire
Just throwing this out here, but at the end of the day it's entertainment. The job of the studio is to give the audience what they want and make a profit. The audience knows this, and can be very unruly at times when they feel as though they aren't being catered to. This is the monster that Hollywood has created.

As for Leslie Jones, she has every right to speak her mind. However, we can't always voice our opinion without consequence. Throwing herself back into the ring with thousands of trolls is a good example of the poor judgement that surrounded ATC. It's one thing for fans to be vulgar and rude, but the studios used to put a lid on that kind of stuff when it came to the actors and production crew. Fans looked at ATC as more than just a movie, and the crew only confirmed that through their actions.

Someday GB will be a course study in how NOT to handle a film property.
By Sav C
This just applies to me personally, and I don't expect anyone else to feel this way, but I think I am a lot better off just ignoring everything that happens on Twitter. And I mean everything.
Hasbro Ghostbusters

Looks like it won't be streamed but socials will b[…]

Using rip-stop cotton and custom dye for each char[…]

The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]