Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Hello fellow Ghostheads, I have found and purchased this promo copy of GB2 off of ebay, and I was wondering if any of you could help me distinguish which commercial video store this tape could of came from. The tape says "FOR PROMOTIONAL USE ONLY NOT FOR SALE OR RENTAL" Thanks. :)Image
The Promo Sticker is only on the VHS Box, the tape itself just appears to be a standard first edition printing of GB2.
I may sound dumb for asking this but what exactly is a "Screener"?
Here is a better close up of the sticker.Image
Thanks for clearing that up for me. :) (Also I am such a nerd lol, I payed $19.00 for this tape on Ebay.) (A bit much i think, but it is still a cool little collectible to have.)
My uncle owned a video rental place in the 80's and he would often let me watch these VHS tapes when I was at his house typicaly the movie was still playing in theaters. every few minutes there was txt that would scroll across the bottom of the screen during the whole movie sayin it was a promo and illegal to copy blah blah blah :whatever:
NSGhostbusters liked this
BRD 527 wrote:My uncle owned a video rental place in the 80's and he would often let me watch these VHS tapes when I was at his house typicaly the movie was still playing in theaters. every few minutes there was txt that would scroll across the bottom of the screen during the whole movie sayin it was a promo and illegal to copy blah blah blah :whatever:
I might need to drag out my VCR and watch the tape to see if there is any differences with it. lol
I tired watching the tape, but as the owner said, it is a really beat down tape, the picture quality is fuzzy, and it is filled with white noise, and the top of the screen has that grayish interference, that heavily used tapes have. (About 15 minutes in, I decided to just completely rewind the tape, and put it back in its box.) (It is borderline unwatchable.) (but from what I saw the contents of the tape are the same, as the original first printing of GB II.) (I am not gonna watch the tape, because of the possibility that my VCR might eat the tape.) (Anyways here is some more pictures from the Ebay listing I bought the tape from.) Have a nice day everyone. :)ImageImageImage
One last picture.Image
I have recently received a retail first printing VHS Tape of GB II, and comparing it to this Promo Tape, there is some small differences, The Text on the Promo VHS Tape's box is smaller, than the retail release, and the Promo Tape has no Ads in the beginning of the Tape, while the Retail Copy has the Coca-Cola Ad at the beginning of the Tape.
Peter Venkman Jr. liked this
I will post picture comparisons, between the two VHS Tapes, when I get home.
Here is some quick pictures of the two tapes.ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Using rip-stop cotton and custom dye for each char[…]

The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]