Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By mrmichaelt
ghostJAR wrote: February 21st, 2019, 12:15 pm Let us move on. So filming in Canada. Now where does Rick Moranis live again. ;D
I thought of that, too, but I seem to recall in a more recent interview, he said he was living in New York on the Upper West Side but drives up to Toronto every now and then.

EDIT: Yep. Mentioned in this October 2015 interview.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/featu ... he-829779?
By timeware
What if Louis is the one in the barn? When Rick drives to Toronto is he driving a Cadillac? If Bill doesn't show up having Louis as the main character would be freaking awesome. I think they would have a hard time keeping this under wraps...
By deadderek
mrmichaelt wrote: February 21st, 2019, 4:16 pm
ghostJAR wrote: February 21st, 2019, 12:15 pm Let us move on. So filming in Canada. Now where does Rick Moranis live again. ;D
I thought of that, too, but I seem to recall in a more recent interview, he said he was living in New York on the Upper West Side but drives up to Toronto every now and then.

EDIT: Yep. Mentioned in this October 2015 interview.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/featu ... he-829779?

By back
Sav C wrote: February 22nd, 2019, 12:08 am
Kingpin wrote: February 21st, 2019, 6:02 am

Very nice... I guess?
It really is a nice city--here's another pic:
LOL...
I Used to live there, Long ago! Also....
You know whats legal there now, right?
;-)
deadderek, Sav C liked this
By Coover5
QUESTION FOR EVERYONE

We can all speculate who is going to be in GB20 and what the equipment looks like and where it's going to be set. We could do that for months or a year until we know for sure.

But for you personally what is your must have for GB20: The original set (Firehouse HQ/New York), the original equipment, or the original Ghostbusters?

For me it's the original equipment because I knew there would be other franchises and other Ghostbusters eventually but I always expected the equipment to be the same. Plus, I like the design of it. I have never seen a production design I've liked as much as Ghostbusters 1 and 2. I love the props and costumes from other sci-fi films (Alien, Wars, Trek, MIB, LotR) but nothing appealed to me as much as Ghostbusters. Is it logical to make that priority? No. But this isn't about logic. it's about us sharing what to us says Ghostbusters.
RichRyan1507 liked this
By Coover5
RichRyan1507 wrote: February 22nd, 2019, 5:41 am
Coover5 wrote: February 22nd, 2019, 5:07 am From what I read in Violet Ramis's book there should be a big smile on Egon's face.

I haven't read it. Why's that?
In interviews Harold Ramis has admitted to smoking pot but the book reveals to what extent he was into it. Apparently, he was quite a fan.
By Davideverona
Coover5 wrote: February 22nd, 2019, 5:54 am

In interviews Harold Ramis has admitted to smoking pot but the book reveals to what extent he was into it. Apparently, he was quite a fan.
I wonder what Violet thinks of this new Ghostbusters movie.

Ps here in Italy there is a folk band from Venice who's one song intro sounds like this: "there are n people dying of smoke every year, there are n people dying of alcohol every year... But remember... Nobody ever died of pot!!!!!!"
By BatDan
For me, my must have is the original Ghostbusters, hands down, if this is becoming ‘ a trilogy’ of sorts, it needs have both films come full circle and establish/wrap up an arc.

Secondly, I love this franchise because of those characters, I would like some closure of what happened to them the last 25 - 30 years. It be silly to wait all this time for a gb3 and not see the originals in some capacity.

If Ash can battle demons in his late 50s/early 60s, and Han Solo can blast stormtroopers in his mid 70s, then I don’t see why we can’t see the originals bust some ghosts one last time.
RichRyan1507, Sav C liked this
By BatDan
That would be my mindset, if the third film was never a thing. “at least we have the video game”

But it’s a game, not a film. Two different mediums and type of storytelling. Ivan stated the game wasn’t official canon so, I guess take that however you want lol

but anyway since NOW that we finally have the chance for a film. I’d love to see my favorite characters in the flesh for one last go round, especially after 2 decades of development hell.
RichRyan1507, deadderek liked this
By savintheday
Coover5 wrote: February 22nd, 2019, 5:54 am

No wonder Egon loved twinkies and cheez-its so much.
Last edited by savintheday on February 22nd, 2019, 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
RichRyan1507, Coover5, deadderek and 1 others liked this
By RealGhostbusterJay
As someone who lives in Alberta and three hours from Calgary I need to point out A LOT of things are filmed here. I know that cause I work pt in film. The series Fargo, Hell on Wheels, Heartland, Smallville segments for Superman and Superman 3 were all filmed here and Calgary downtown can stand in for plenty of cities as it did for Metropolis in Superman 3 for the into. Don't mean they won't use New York...The story item statement says a family returns to a small town where they learn about their family. We have plenty of farm and small town things here but its also easier for a lot of productions to film here, that's why Vancouver is used for almost everything. Its easy for crews to secure remote locations and not worry about a ton of set spies most days. It's cheaper too. Keep in mind they might just film segments here and the rest in New York, happens a lot.
Last edited by RealGhostbusterJay on February 22nd, 2019, 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By RichRyan1507
BatDan wrote: February 22nd, 2019, 9:36 am okay, we heard nice words from both Feig and Melissa. so can the SJW-media outlets please shut the hell up now? these people are the journalistic equivalent to the crazy girlfriends that lock themselves in the bathroom.

Don't hold your breath. Those people are never satisfied.
BatDan liked this
By BatDan
no argument there, Ben.

to be clear, i'm pretty left leaning.. but i find the SJW-side to be an entity in all its own spectrum. moving on, before we get too political and keep things on track. lol
deadderek, Sav C liked this
Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]