Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By mrmichaelt
robbritton wrote: February 16th, 2019, 12:54 am Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure it’ll be great, as everything thus far has been. I just... all the secrecy made me hope it was related to the new movie somehow. Just anticipation getting away with me, is all, plus Hollywood Reporter undermining a proper announcement.
Not to mention the announcement early this week of the Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles animated DTV movie took the air out of IDW announcing this mini. Maybe that's why they didn't do anything on Thursday like Tom Waltz said but the other outlets weren't alerted in time and they still ran their articles. But I think the pre-orders for the Ectotron were pulled at least.
By Kingpin
mrmichaelt wrote: February 15th, 2019, 3:57 pm Another cross over... :sigh:
Though this one could well be a stand-alone crossover, and not part of the prime* IDW timeline, but we'll see.

*No pun intended.
robbritton wrote: February 16th, 2019, 12:54 amDon’t get me wrong, I’m sure it’ll be great, as everything thus far has been. I just... all the secrecy made me hope it was related to the new movie somehow.
In the long-run I think it's for the best that this isn't based on 2020, as releasing something tied into next year's movie runs the risk of the IDW team developing ideas, character traits, or plot elements which later don't end up getting used... Like we often see with comic adaptations of films, and using bits of the script that later get left on the cutting room floor.

If IDW does release anything based on the 2020 events, I feel it's safe to assume it'll be after that film's come out.
mrmichaelt, *NormalGamer*, robbritton and 2 others liked this
Kingpin wrote: February 16th, 2019, 1:28 am
mrmichaelt wrote: February 15th, 2019, 3:57 pm Another cross over... :sigh:
Though this one could well be a stand-alone crossover, and not part of the prime* IDW timeline, but we'll see.

*No pun intended.
robbritton wrote: February 16th, 2019, 12:54 amDon’t get me wrong, I’m sure it’ll be great, as everything thus far has been. I just... all the secrecy made me hope it was related to the new movie somehow.
In the long-run I think it's for the best that this isn't based on 2020, as releasing something tied into next year's movie runs the risk of the IDW team developing ideas, character traits, or plot elements which later don't end up getting used... Like we often see with comic adaptations of films, and using bits of the script that later get left on the cutting room floor.

If IDW does release anything based on the 2020 events, I feel it's safe to assume it'll be after that film's come out.

Oh I agree. The IDW crew could just use GB 2020 as a guideline to where some of the characters may wind up in the future. I mean if the prime comic timeline is currently in it's year 1998 there are still a lot of stories to tell to fill in the gap. :):):)
*NormalGamer* liked this
By mrmichaelt
Also on the Ghostheads United facebook, Erik Burnham said "Beyond that I've pitched plenty of stuff. We'll see what gets traction (And sorry, one of them is a crossover. Until I hear a firm no, I am fighting to get a battle in the book with a very specific ghost that ain't named Casper!)."
https://ghostbusters.fandom.com/wiki/Fi ... 152019.jpg
By philmorgan81
mrmichaelt wrote: February 16th, 2019, 2:30 am Also on the Ghostheads United facebook, Erik Burnham said "Beyond that I've pitched plenty of stuff. We'll see what gets traction (And sorry, one of them is a crossover. Until I hear a firm no, I am fighting to get a battle in the book with a very specific ghost that ain't named Casper!)."
https://ghostbusters.fandom.com/wiki/Fi ... 152019.jpg
This Post Contains Spoilers
ghostJAR liked this
By mrmichaelt
philmorgan81 wrote: February 16th, 2019, 10:28 am Hmm a crossover with a specific Ghost? Not Casper? Does Beetlejuice have a comic?[/Spoiler]
I think he was just being flippant and literally meant Casper. If true, I don't see that happening because that seems like another rabbit hole of licensing rights. I think Universal acquired whoever acquired Harvey Comics but I can't tell if that's just animation or both animation and comics because some small publisher had the comic license almost a decade ago. But like I said last page, they did admit they want to try and do Beetlejuice but they've been unsuccessful so far. Which is odd because I think he appeared in one of those LEGO video games.
Oh if he really meant Casper that would be pretty funny. The Casper movie implied even if it was a joke shared the same universe. I wonder if they'd play that up. Like referencing that Ray went on a call by himself and was scared away by the Ghostly Trio. That would be pretty amusing.

Yeah if you have played Lego Dimensions you have probably already had your own Ghostbusters Beetlejuice Crossover. If you put The Slimer Mini fig and Beetlejuice together they will interact. Beetlejuice asks Slimer if he has any Ghostbusters that need busting. :):):)
mrmichaelt liked this
By groschopf
Side note: all this talk made me think about Dan's cameo in Caspar again and that horrible mustache. Why, Dan? Why?

With some help from IMDB, I think I finally solved that mystery -- he was filming another movie in 1994 that required the mustache for detective character.

mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
Some more info, a variant cover, Dan's connected covers for the Transformers mini
https://io9.gizmodo.com/exclusive-the-g ... o9_twitter
https://twitter.com/dannyschoening/stat ... 7575443456

Logline "When the Transformers pick up on a strange Cybertronian signal emanating from Earth, they travel to the planet only to discover that the threat waiting for them there is something that Venkman, Spengler, Stantz, and Zeddemore are perfectly suited to help them take on."

Cover artists include Dan Schoening, Paulina Ganucheau, Nick Roche, and Alex Milne.

Also, if anyone is knowledgeable about Transformers - I could use the help with identifying those in Dan's covers.

Left side
1. Starscream (robot form; Decepticon Seekers, Commander) on upper left (cover #1)
2. Bombshell (robot form; Decepticon Insecticon) under Starscream (cover #1)
3. Cliffjumper (robot form; Autobot) firing at Starscream and Bombshell from roof (cover #1)
4. Ectotron (robot form; Autobot) on bottom left corner (cover #1)
5. Astrotrain (robot form, space shuttle, steam locomotive; Decepticon Triple Changer) back to us being shot at by Ectotron (cover #1~2)
6. Jazz (robot form; Autobot) behind Ectotron's left leg (cover #1)
7. Thrust (robot form; Decepticon Seeker Conehead) right of Astrotrain's shuttle form (cover #2)
8. Ironhide (robot form; Autobot) right of Thrust decking him (cover #2)
9. Hound (Military Jeep form; Autobot) above Thrust and Ironhide in mid-air, Winston riding on him (cover #2)

Right side
10. Blitzwing (robot form, miG-25, battle tank; Decepticon Triple Changer) right of "T" in "Secret" (cover #4)
11. Sunstreaker (Lamborghini Countach form; Autobot) in mid-air above Blitzwing (cover #4)
12. Devastator (robot form; Decepticon Constructicon combined) right of Blitzwing and Sunstreaker, big green and purple one (cover #4)
13. Laserbeak (bird form; Decepticon Mini-Cassette) in front of Devastator's right knee (cover #4)
14. Skywarp (jet form; Decepticon) purple jet above Devastator and right of Sunstreaker (cover #4)
15. Cosmos (UFO form; Autobot) right of Skywarp (cover #4)
16. Predaking (robot form; Decepticon Predacons combined) right of Cosmos (cover #4)
17. Swoop (pterodactyl form; Autobot Dinobot) left of Slimer's right arm (cover #4)
18. Snarl (triceratops form; Autobot Dinobot) left of Slimer's head (cover #4)
19. Sky Lynx (dinoblast form; Autobot) above Slimer (cover #4)
20. Perceptor (robot form; Autobot) in front of Devastator's right leg (cover #4)
21. Mirage (robot form; Autobot) right of Perceptor (cover #4)
22. Skyfire (robot form; Autobot) right of Mirage (cover #4)
23. Bumblebee (robot form; Autobot) right of Blitzwing (cover #4)
24. Frenzy (cassette form; Decepticon Mini-Cassette) in mid-air between Devastator and Soundwave (cover #4~5)
25. Soundwave (robot form; Decepticon Chief Intelligence Commander) right of Bumblebee (cover #4~5)
26. Thundercracker (F-15 Eagle form; Decepticon Seeker Commander) right of Slimer (cover #5)
27. Grimlock (Tyrannosaurus Rex form; Autobot Dinobot) right of Thundercracker (cover #5)
28. Rumble (robot form; Decepticon Mini -Cassette) between Soundwave and Grimlock (cover #5)
29. Wheeljack (robot form; Autobot) far right, in front of Grimlock (cover #5)
30. Ravage (jaguar form; Decepticon Mini-Cassette) in front of Wheeljack (cover #5)
31. Kickback (locust form; Decepticon Insecticon)on far right above Grimlock (cover #5)

EDIT: Title is "Transformers/Ghostbusters: Ghosts of Cybertron" and Ectotron is indeed an Autobot.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/1097653962172329995

Diamond adds Paulina Ganucheau, Nick Roche, and Alex Milne are doing covers for #1. If only they could spell Zeddemore, lol.
https://www.previewsworld.com/Article/2 ... s-from-IDW

Takes place after the decimation of the Great War in TF canon.
https://www.cbr.com/transformers-ghostb ... iniseries/
Last edited by mrmichaelt on February 21st, 2019, 5:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
*NormalGamer* liked this
By Kingpin
mrmichaelt wrote: February 18th, 2019, 5:12 pm Left side
1. Starscream (robot form; Decepticon Seekers, Commander)
2. Bombshell (robot form; Decepticon Insecticon)
4. Ectotron
5. Astrotrain (robot form, space shuttle, steam locomotive; Decepticon Triple Changer)
6. Jazz (robot form; Autobot)
7. Thrust (robot form; Decepticon Seeker Conehead)
8. Ironhide (robot form; Autobot)
9. Hound (Military Jeep form; Autobot)

Right side
10. Blitzwing (robot form, miG-25, battle tank; Decepticon Triple Changer)
11. Sunstreaker (Lamborghini Countach form; Autobot)
12. Devastator (robot form; Decepticon Constructicon combined)
15. Cosmo (UFO form; Autobot)
16. Predaking (robot form; Decepticon Predacons combined)
22. Bumblebee (robot form; Autobot)
23. Frenzy (cassette form; Decepticon Mini-Cassette)
24. Soundwave (robot form; Decepticon Chief Intelligence Commander)
25. Thundercracker (F-15 Eagle form; Decepticon Seeker Commander)
26. Grimlock (Tyrannosaurus Rex form; Autobot Dinobot)
27. Rumble (robot form; Decepticon Mini -Cassette)
28. Wheeljack (robot form; Autobot)
29. Ravage (jaguar form; Decepticon Mini-Cassette)
30. Kickback (locust form; Decepticon Insecticon)
3. Cliffjumper
13. Blitzwing
14. Skywarp
17. Swoop
18. Snarl
18b. Sky Lynx
19. Perceptor
20. Mirage
21. Skyfire
By mrmichaelt
Kingpin wrote: 3. Cliffjumper
13. Blitzwing
14. Skywarp
17. Swoop
18. Snarl
18b. Sky Lynx
19. Perceptor
20. Mirage
21. Skyfire
Thanks, Kingpin! One question, Skyfire is the jet that's in front of Devastator's right leg and above Perceptor, Mirage, and Snarl?
By Kingpin
mrmichaelt wrote: February 20th, 2019, 9:15 pmThanks, Kingpin! One question, Skyfire is the jet that's in front of Devastator's right leg and above Perceptor, Mirage, and Snarl?
Ah, I completely forgot Laserbeak!

Laserbeak's flying above Perceptor, just below Devestator's left kee.
Skyfire is the white and red Autobot in front of Devestator's right leg.
Snarl is the Stegosaurus breathing fire just to left of Slimer.
mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
Tom Waltz posted the combined covers separately (aside from #3) but the #2 cover hints the concealed character on #3 has an axe weapon of some sort. Not sure if that's a new character (should be with the secrecy) or an existing one? I think I saw Optiums Prime and Ultra Magnus have had axe weapons? But almost looks like that could be a Proton Axe...
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/1099086314807279616

EDIT: Ultra Magnus' axe appears to be called a Fusion Axe.
*NormalGamer* liked this
By Kingpin
Physically, it looks like Optimus Prime (who has a laser/energon axe). Colouring, it looks more like Ultra Magnus's lesser-seen appearance...

...Yet there are details in the colouring that don't match with Magnus's white appearance.

I also think it's rather noteworthy that one of the most prominent absences on the cover is Megatron.

So... Could this be some sort of merging? Optimus Prime's appearance, with Megatron's colouration?
mrmichaelt liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: February 25th, 2019, 5:47 pm Gozer has arrived.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/1100162231407239168
Cyber-Gozer? And Cyber Zuul and Cyber Vinz Clortho? Should be fun. ^_^
mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
^Thanks, Kingpin. I just found a clip of it.

It'd be something if Peter makes a joke about how Zuul and Vinz opened a portal this time. lol.

Ooo, or what Destructor form Gozer may take. Guess he got over his embarrassing loss to Tiamat and is back to destroying like she predicted.

EDIT: Tom dropped more panels from the 35th Anniv. issues.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/1100480776548700160
*NormalGamer* liked this
By mrmichaelt
Ad for the April releases.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/1100836033279586304

Starscream cover by Priscilla Tramontano.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/1100829823226634241

Interview with the crew about Ghosts of Cybertron
https://pixelatedgeek.com/2019/02/trans ... g-in-june/
-Ectotron is a bit of a nerd,
- He’s almost as far out there for the Autobots as the Ghostbusters were from other academics here on Earth.
-He’s kind of uptight, and he’s teased by the other Autobots. But he’ll loosen up by the end of the story.
-Mini series starts in a way no one will expect
-GB and TF are "dealing with some ghostly common enemies"
*NormalGamer* liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: February 27th, 2019, 5:22 pm Ad for the April releases.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/1100836033279586304

Starscream cover by Priscilla Tramontano.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/1100829823226634241

Interview with the crew about Ghosts of Cybertron
https://pixelatedgeek.com/2019/02/trans ... g-in-june/
-Ectotron is a bit of a nerd,
- He’s almost as far out there for the Autobots as the Ghostbusters were from other academics here on Earth.
-He’s kind of uptight, and he’s teased by the other Autobots. But he’ll loosen up by the end of the story.
-Mini series starts in a way no one will expect
-GB and TF are "dealing with some ghostly common enemies"
Gee Wiz! Just when I think I can’t get anymore excited for this crossover they hit me with more little tidbits. 😊

I love this quote that Erik says when asked if bustin still makes them feel good. “100% Yes I love these characters and this world still. We’ve pitched lots of ideas, and with luck the coming movies will keep the interest up in both the GHOSTBUSTERS multiverse and us playing within it for a good long while.”

That quote makes my day. :):):)
By mrmichaelt
Theory time.

I probably remember the G1 animated movie and Beast Wars the best but for the former, that was when Starscream met his demise when Megatron returned as Galvatron. Perhaps this mini-series starts at that point of the movie (think the start of Get Real in 68-R during "Janine Melnitz, Ghostbuster") and like shown in Beast Wars, Starscream's spark ended up on prehistoric Earth and maybe that's the signal being detected by the Autobots after the Third Cybertronian War.

But Tom Waltz throws us with the arrival of Gozer on war torn Cybertron, a perfect time to wipe out a civilization in crisis -- perhaps even the turmoil is what drew Zuul and Vinz there. Which I guess I assume is a different dimension than the Prime Ghostbusters' dimension. So how do the Ghostbusters get involved. Hmm. Well, in the SOS file in Crossing Over, it mentioned they detected Dumazu's manifestation in Dimension 50-S and went there to investigate. Maybe it's the same case here. X amount of months after the events of Crossing Over, they are starting to slowly use the teleporter again for research. They detect Gozer's manifestation in the Transformer's dimension and decide to intervene on that dimension's behalf because of their storied history with the god.

But how do these 2 things links up. Some crazy twist maybe? Starscream hitches a ride back to Cybertron to possess his past self's body? Of he somehow nabs control of Gozer's Destructor form (i.e. the Ghostbusters extract Gozer's essence from the Destructor form with Trap-Gates or a Megatrap and Starscream sees an opportunity and grabs it)?

Also on a semi-serious side note, like substitute G1 Bumblebee for Ray and G1 Megatron for Winston and think of that scene on top the Shandor building from the 1st GB movie. Imagine Megatron's VA Frank Welker yelling at Bumblebee, "If someone asks you if you're god, you say YES!" :D And if it's Bumblebee, the Destructor must then be a VW van. :D

EDIT: Ooh, and remember Egon doesn't believe in aliens. Now he gets to meet parallel dimension alien robots. lol.
philmorgan81 liked this
By philmorgan81
mrmichaelt wrote: February 28th, 2019, 12:33 am Theory time.

I probably remember the G1 animated movie and Beast Wars the best but for the former, that was when Starscream met his demise when Megatron returned as Galvatron. Perhaps this mini-series starts at that point of the movie (think the start of Get Real in 68-R during "Janine Melnitz, Ghostbuster") and like shown in Beast Wars, Starscream's spark ended up on prehistoric Earth and maybe that's the signal being detected by the Autobots after the Third Cybertronian War.

But Tom Waltz throws us with the arrival of Gozer on war torn Cybertron, a perfect time to wipe out a civilization in crisis -- perhaps even the turmoil is what drew Zuul and Vinz there. Which I guess I assume is a different dimension than the Prime Ghostbusters' dimension. So how do the Ghostbusters get involved. Hmm. Well, in the SOS file in Crossing Over, it mentioned they detected Dumazu's manifestation in Dimension 50-S and went there to investigate. Maybe it's the same case here. X amount of months after the events of Crossing Over, they are starting to slowly use the teleporter again for research. They detect Gozer's manifestation in the Transformer's dimension and decide to intervene on that dimension's behalf because of their storied history with the god.

But how do these 2 things links up. Some crazy twist maybe? Starscream hitches a ride back to Cybertron to possess his past self's body? Of he somehow nabs control of Gozer's Destructor form (i.e. the Ghostbusters extract Gozer's essence from the Destructor form with Trap-Gates or a Megatrap and Starscream sees an opportunity and grabs it)?

Also on a semi-serious side note, like substitute G1 Bumblebee for Ray and G1 Megatron for Winston and think of that scene on top the Shandor building from the 1st GB movie. Imagine Megatron's VA yelling at Bumblebee, "If someone asks you if you're god, you say YES!" :D And if it's Bumblebee, the Destructor must then be a VW van. :D
Awesome theory all around. I am still trying to figure it if I should bone up on the G1 tv series or IDWs current run of comics to get a grasp in the upcoming story. IDWS run with Transformers is really long. That is a lot of catching up. Either way they have already succeeded in bringing me into the world of Transformers. The same thing happened to me with TMNT. I was pretty casual with their comic until they crossed over with the Ghostbusters. At that point I was mad dashing to be caught up before the book hit the shelves. I am sure that I am familiar enough with the mythos of Transformers to know what’s going on. This is pretty exciting. ;)

Oh and I just want to say this and I am going to try not to go too far off topic here. Since the TMNT/Batman crossover is actually getting it’s own direct to video movie, I think it’s only fair that Ghost Corps and Nickelodeon put together tan animated GB/TMNT crossover. I know that it would have to be a perfect storm of circumstances and it is extremely unlikely, but I think it’s only fair. LOL! Actually I am quite content with just the 2 awesome crossover comic events those were a real treat, but I certainly wouldn’t hate it if something like that became a reality. :):):)

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]