Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By philmorgan81
It is really cool to see Melissa Mcarthy and Paul Feig showing some real class. It is so cool that they support the new movie. It warms my heart. :)

About the question that was posed for everyone. My personal hopes are the same as many here. As much of the Original cast as possible is my Number 1. Number 2 is the original equipment being used. The possibility of seeing that stuff or at least reproductions of it are very high. Number 3 would be the Firehouse. I also want them to be facing a powerful enemy just like the previous films. :)

I know there are quite a few here that are excited to see a small scale bust, but I personally get plenty of those from the cartoon. I love the films to keep going big. I got some chills when Jason was talking about this being the first film where he is working with effects houses. I am so looking forward to seeing what the Ghosts will look like. :)

I feel that I need to keep saying this until it sticks. Ivan Reitman’s quote regarding Ghostbusters The Video Game is that he personally didn’t consider it Ghostbusters 3. He said nothing about the game not being Canon. I seriously doubt that Ivan would just throw out one of the last things that Harold Ramis actually participated in from Canon. :):):)
Last edited by philmorgan81 on February 22nd, 2019, 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alphagaia, RichRyan1507, timeware and 3 others liked this
By timeware
Opening weekend if the advertising is there I'm going to guess about 100 mill. Maybe double if ticket prices go up. That's also not including any merchandise or funko pops they try to sell at the concession stands.

I know it's a long ways off but make sure to check for regal deals and promotions before the release date. They may be offering limited edition tickets, or items with marathon promotions. Be sure to check your local areas to see if they will be offering limited edition pop corn buckets, t-shirts and such.
By SpaceBallz
Coover5 wrote: February 22nd, 2019, 5:45 am QUESTION FOR EVERYONE

We can all speculate who is going to be in GB20 and what the equipment looks like and where it's going to be set. We could do that for months or a year until we know for sure.

But for you personally what is your must have for GB20: The original set (Firehouse HQ/New York), the original equipment, or the original Ghostbusters?

For me it's the original equipment because I knew there would be other franchises and other Ghostbusters eventually but I always expected the equipment to be the same. Plus, I like the design of it. I have never seen a production design I've liked as much as Ghostbusters 1 and 2. I love the props and costumes from other sci-fi films (Alien, Wars, Trek, MIB, LotR) but nothing appealed to me as much as Ghostbusters. Is it logical to make that priority? No. But this isn't about logic. it's about us sharing what to us says Ghostbusters.
Honestly for me it's all about the characters and the premise of the supernatural. They can makeshift new but similar designed equipment for all I care (and they probably will), I just wanna see these guys back on screen and give them a proper closure whilst continuing the franchise in their honor.

And the theme song. That's mandatory.
RichRyan1507, timeware liked this
By Davideverona
Speaking of big baddies...

I alwaya liked reading in the various ideas the concept of a mad cult who summons the Villain. But I'd like the cultists to be bad people and not possessed like Poha.
By Slimered
Coover5 wrote: February 22nd, 2019, 5:45 am

But for you personally what is your must have for GB20: The original set (Firehouse HQ/New York), the original equipment, or the original Ghostbusters?

The original Ghostbusters for me. Even Answer The Call had them, albeit in other roles, so there's really no excuse for the 2020 Ghostbusters not to feature them in some capacity.
SpaceBallz liked this
By timeware
Fire House and another location for GBHQ
Original GB's
Ecto one and a new Ecto Vehicle
Original equipment, with new equipment
Vigo painting (Even if partially covered.)
Rays Occult
Kevin Smith
BatDan liked this
By Dr.D
Seeing the original actors takes priority to me. Give them roles that serve the story and not just pointless, distracting cameos. The characters are what we fell in love with. Build off that and introduce new characters.

Now, reasonable brain is out of the way. I hope we get the OG packs and equipment. We know the Ecto-1 is involved so we can check that off the list. The one thing that would really push me over the edge would be some kinda cool coda to the movie. I keep imagining a shot of the firehouse at night, theme starts, Ecto-1 blasts out of the garage into the night.

Credits.
By Coover5
The reasons GB: TVG is my choice ending of the GB trilogy are: We still had Egon. It ties up GB1 and GB2. "We" helped. Nothing will beat the experience of rescuing any of the Busters or standing shoulder to shoulder with them even if it was a video game.

Logically, I know the original guys is a must have but to me personally, I've been there. Late night ghost battles on the wii and x-box. I just need to see the packs again.
By Coover5
I'm still very excited but I'm worried about how Gil Kenan and Jason Reitman both have daughters the age of the lead girl in GB20. We've seen it happen time and time again. A writer, director or actor has a child and they 180 their career to make films aimed at kids. I'm just hoping they don't lose focus on Ghostbusters to make the movie their daughters would want. They have said nothing so far that has made me think they will but we have seen it done by others.
By Coover5
It seems these kid roles are all we're hearing about for casting. Any reason why? I could guess. The "leaks" are controlled to get folks talking. The rest of the cast is known actors who did not have to audition. The information is wrong. They haven't even started casting the other parts (unlikely).

Is this how it normally is? All the info on a few characters?
By Davideverona
I stand on the "known actors who doesn't have to audition" stance.

Come on, it's obvious that at least Aykroyd is in in some form (a ghost, a wheelchaired man, a quick cameo, a photo, prominent role as Ray).
You're making GB3 after all this years and you don't call Dan on board?? It would be more mercyful to kick him in the groin.
Coover5 liked this
By Coover5
Aykroyd has been noticeably quiet about the whole thing. That leaves me very suspicious. If he wasn't a part of it but wanted it to happen he'd talk more about it. if he wasn't a part of it and didn't want it to happen he'd talk more about it. I figure he must not be saying anything because he's too busy with preproduction for it.
RichRyan1507 liked this
By RichRyan1507
Davideverona wrote: February 23rd, 2019, 7:51 am I stand on the "known actors who doesn't have to audition" stance.

Come on, it's obvious that at least Aykroyd is in in some form (a ghost, a wheelchaired man, a quick cameo, a photo, prominent role as Ray).
You're making GB3 after all this years and you don't call Dan on board?? It would be more mercyful to kick him in the groin.

I think, at the very least, you can assume that Dan and Ernie will definitely be in the film. There would be no point in doing in the same universe otherwise. And they'll be main characters, not cameos.

My prediction is that we don't see them until at least 20 minutes into the film though. They're probably going to set up the new characters first. Then again, they could start with a 5 minute busting scene from the 90's to start and show how Egon dies/gets sucked into the vortex or whatever. That would be a neat way to start the film and go to the opening credits as we're accustomed to.
By RichRyan1507
Alphagaia wrote: February 23rd, 2019, 8:06 am Reitman said he wanted to unravel this thing like a present. The reason people are being quiet is because it's the marketing strategy to spread things out.
For sure, Alpha. It's going to be a long year and 3 months! lol
By back
WHAT IF....

What if Sonys Lack of original cast/characters/location And casting of children is nothing more than them Screwing with Us?
A smoke screen, keeping the whole thing quiet out of worry that consumers that still have a Sour ATC taste in their mouths; You cant Boycott something you know Nothing about.
Food for thought.
:whatever:
By RichRyan1507
back wrote: February 23rd, 2019, 11:02 amWHAT IF....

What if Sonys Lack of original cast/characters/location And casting of children is nothing more than them Screwing with Us?
A smoke screen, keeping the whole thing quiet out of worry that consumers that still have a Sour ATC taste in their mouths; You cant Boycott something you know Nothing about.
Food for thought.
:whatever:

Yeah, I doubt that, but you never know I guess.
By timeware
Interesting Back. That would be the biggest film secret in history. Especially if they have Louis coming back to mentor the kids and we end up with Honey I shrunk the Kids part 5. Which is something I'd be okay with.
By timeware
It's fun predicting. I'd be laughing my ass off for a week if the kids end up driving a van and Rick is setting up a giant proton rifle in the back of the vehicle.
Hasbro Ghostbusters

It could have been more accurate (barrel and[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]