Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Wiggyof9
I just hope that the movie doesn't end with a giant thing walks down the streets of New York.... or a giant portal thing in the sky.

I honestly would like a movie where there isn't a world ending thing, but instead an event that is more personal to one of the characters.
deadderek, savintheday, RichRyan1507 and 2 others liked this
By mrmichaelt
Wiggyof9 wrote: March 24th, 2019, 4:41 amI honestly would like a movie where there isn't a world ending thing, but instead an event that is more personal to one of the characters.
People fear eating monster it is. :boogieman:
By Davideverona
I'd like a major scope.

I mean, Gozer and Vigo were menacing, but everything was contained on a rooftop and a museum.

I'd like to see the Ghostbusters roaming the city, with the Ecto going full speed, blasting her sirens, chaos everywhere.

The Landis script had a good final battle. Maybe the original Ghostbusters going head to head with the main villain, the kids keeping the minions under control, some other friends helping from the streets (a more efficient GB2 Louis effort).
Coover5, SpaceBallz liked this
By philmorgan81
Davideverona wrote: March 24th, 2019, 9:02 am I'd like a major scope.

I mean, Gozer and Vigo were menacing, but everything was contained on a rooftop and a museum.

I'd like to see the Ghostbusters roaming the city, with the Ecto going full speed, blasting her sirens, chaos everywhere.

The Landis script had a good final battle. Maybe the original Ghostbusters going head to head with the main villain, the kids keeping the minions under control, some other friends helping from the streets (a more efficient GB2 Louis effort).
Yeah I would like a major scope as well. I totally understand the people that want a small scale story, but I think with the films they should keep the threats big. Again if this movie hits all the right spots we could see stories that are smaller in scale in a tv series. Smaller stories are perfect for a series preferably animated. I do hope Ecto Force sees the light of day. I never thought that GB3 would be just the tip of the iceberg in regards to the franchise. ;)

A film that POSSIBLY has the remaining originals passing the torch, an animated feature film from the perspective of a Ghost, and an animated series. There are probably more projects that are being worked on that they can't disclose yet. I have to say it is really cool to see Ghostbusters being in the forefront of Pop culture again it's like the 80s all over again. Not that it disappeared completely, it is just that there was that period of time from 1992-2003 where there was nothing new being put out. Now there seems to be a nice stream of new stuff being put out since the franchise's 25th Anniversary. Oh what a time to be alive. :):):)
Sav C liked this
By deadderek
philmorgan81 wrote: March 24th, 2019, 2:39 pm

Yeah I would like a major scope as well. I totally understand the people that want a small scale story, but I think with the films they should keep the threats big. Again if this movie hits all the right spots we could see stories that are smaller in scale in a tv series. Smaller stories are perfect for a series preferably animated. I do hope Ecto Force sees the light of day. I never thought that GB3 would be just the tip of the iceberg in regards to the franchise. ;)

A film that POSSIBLY has the remaining originals passing the torch, an animated feature film from the perspective of a Ghost, and an animated series. There are probably more projects that are being worked on that they can't disclose yet. I have to say it is really cool to see Ghostbusters being in the forefront of Pop culture again it's like the 80s all over again. Not that it disappeared completely, it is just that there was that period of time from 1992-2003 where there was nothing new being put out. Now there seems to be a nice stream of new stuff being put out since the franchise's 25th Anniversary. Oh what a time to be alive. :):):)

Uh....I see you missed Extreme Ghostbusters. Or did you spend 1997 in a coma???

:P
philmorgan81 liked this
By Slimered
SpaceBallz wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 9:00 pm If Bill Murray has anything more than a 10-second cameo I will eat my own shorts and post the video in this very thread.
Given that he had a longer-than-10-second cameo in Answer The Call, I think you'll be eating your shorts.
By Slimered
Kingpin wrote: March 24th, 2019, 3:07 am
Slimered wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 5:18 pmA half-assed Bill Murray performance is still better than no Bill Murray. Personally I can't imagine a film where Ray and Winston appear but not Peter Venkman.
I honestly don't think it is. Take a look at Ghostbusters: The Video Game, while some of Murray's delivery was fine, other lines felt like the bare minimum, and that's not taking into account how he disappeared and never returned part-way through the recording process, leaving Harold, Dan, and Ernie to pick up the slack.

If Bill has any intention of phoning it in with the new film just to get it over with, then I'd rather Venkman be written out entirely.
I had no problem with any of Bill Murray's lines in the videogame, in fact the character transcends and becomes more important than the actor's performance with Peter Venkman. A 1984 Ghostbusters film wouldn't feel right without him showing up.
By philmorgan81
LOL! No I had mentioned it, but I edited down my post because I was starting to ramble which I do have a tendency to do on this forum. I really enjoyed EGB. I think we were lucky that the one season was 40 episodes long. Unfortunatly nothing really big came out from EGB. The EGB show and Merchandise tied to it hit in 1997 and just came and went. I also know quite a few people that are unaware of EGB's existence. Believe me I know that had nothing to do with the quality of the show. It was just the victim of a bad time slot. There was also the 2004 Legion Comic. ;)

It just seems that once the franchise hit it's 25th Anniversary there was and still has been this uptick in the properties momentum and merchandise and it has remained pretty constant. :):):)
Last edited by philmorgan81 on March 24th, 2019, 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
I agree. RGB is public knowledge, and the cartoons are still aired on TeleToon, I believe. EGB is more obscure--I didn't realize it existed until a few years ago. I still haven't seen any EGB episodes. #ghostbustersblasphemy :)
philmorgan81 liked this
By Coover5

It would be nice to see an active villain. In GB1 the terror dogs and stay puft seemed to do most of the damage and for GB2 it was the statue of liberty, Janosz and the mood slime. I would like to see the Ghostbusters really face off with the villain.

Unrelated:
This Post Contains Spoilers
Sav C liked this
By timeware
I haven't seen Simpsons in forever. Probably haven't watched it since the movie was released. Although as far as villains go I wouldn't mind seeing a regular villain, kind of like General Grievous. "oh no, the Grundle got away this time. Lets hope he doesn't recruit the boogey man for Ghostbusters 4."
deadderek liked this
By mrmichaelt

Coover5 wrote: March 24th, 2019, 6:19 pmIt would be nice to see an active villain. In GB1 the terror dogs and stay puft seemed to do most of the damage and for GB2 it was the statue of liberty, Janosz and the mood slime. I would like to see the Ghostbusters really face off with the villain.
Yeah, that would be a good change of pace from the main villain fighting them at the end. Even The Video Game is guilty of that. Maybe 2-3 encounters throughout the movie? Could even be a entity from an unresolved case.
Sav C wrote: March 24th, 2019, 5:52 pmEGB is more obscure--I didn't realize it existed until a few years ago. I still haven't seen any EGB episodes. #ghostbustersblasphemy :)
No worries, I still see Erik Burnham chatting with people on Twitter who had no idea there was a comic these past 10 years.
Coover5, Sav C liked this
By BatDan
I sure hope that they film some stuff in NY, so i can be an extra. Vancouver is way too much of an investment much like GBfest.

if they dont film in NY, i mean..I get that they might want to do something different with this one..but a GB movie with no firehouse??
By Dr.D
My guess would be principal photography will be done up north and IF anything were to be filled in NY that would be either second unit/establishing material. Most of the NY locations can be done as sets, and I think the fact that they've only announced Canada as their shooting location is more evidence that most of the movie will take place in a more rural/suburban setting.

BUT ALSO given how high profile this movie is, the second they step outside in NY with the Ecto or anything GB related the internet is gonna go wild. Remember all the speculation about the Ecto-1 in LA for that Wal-Mart commercial? Imagine seeing the Ecto in New York filming for a new movie. I'd lost my mind.
RichRyan1507, deadderek liked this
By Slimered
BatDan wrote: March 25th, 2019, 8:17 am I sure hope that they film some stuff in NY, so i can be an extra. Vancouver is way too much of an investment much like GBfest.

if they dont film in NY, i mean..I get that they might want to do something different with this one..but a GB movie with no firehouse??
They could not film in New York and still feature the Firehouse. If they have a large studio space and build a New York street with the Firehouse inside, alongside new sets for the Firehouse exterior it is very possible.
By RichRyan1507
Slimered wrote: March 25th, 2019, 5:19 pm
BatDan wrote: March 25th, 2019, 8:17 am I sure hope that they film some stuff in NY, so i can be an extra. Vancouver is way too much of an investment much like GBfest.

They could not film in New York and still feature the Firehouse. If they have a large studio space and build a New York street with the Firehouse inside, alongside new sets for the Firehouse exterior it is very possible.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we don't see the Firehouse at all, but I think it'll play a role, albeit a small one.
Dr.D liked this
By BatDan
Sav C wrote: March 25th, 2019, 5:25 pm
BatDan wrote: March 25th, 2019, 7:33 am EGB is on HULU right now. Ya'll need to catch up while you can. ;-)
Darn--can't get Hulu in Canada.
tune into the Crossrip podcast. they said you can watch it on CTV? i'm not sure what that is. but it's available to stream on an official Canadian channel/app
Sav C liked this
By SpaceBallz
Slimered wrote: March 24th, 2019, 5:13 pm Given that he had a longer-than-10-second cameo in Answer The Call, I think you'll be eating your shorts.
He wasn't playing Peter Venkman in ATC. :-P It was something different. He seems to be attracted to not reprising famous roles.
By Wiggyof9
SpaceBallz wrote:
Slimered wrote: March 24th, 2019, 5:13 pm Given that he had a longer-than-10-second cameo in Answer The Call, I think you'll be eating your shorts.
He wasn't playing Peter Venkman in ATC. :-P It was something different. He seems to be attracted to not reprising famous roles.
Except Garfield...
By Coover5
Wiggyof9 wrote: March 25th, 2019, 7:35 pm
SpaceBallz wrote:
Except Garfield...
He said famous roles.
SpaceBallz liked this
By Sav C
Coover5 wrote: March 25th, 2019, 5:31 pm You live in Canada. Not getting Hulu is the least of your problems. OOOOOOO. Unnecessary slam on Canada, eh!
Well that explains a lot! lol
BatDan wrote:tune into the Crossrip podcast. they said you can watch it on CTV? i'm not sure what that is. but it's available to stream on an official Canadian channel/app
CTV is basically our big commercial television station. Like NBC, although I think CTV is cable.
mrmichaelt wrote:
BatDan wrote: March 25th, 2019, 6:12 pm
tune into the Crossrip podcast. they said you can watch it on CTV? i'm not sure what that is. but it's available to stream on an official Canadian channel/app
CTV's website and app.
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5518&p=4915355#p4915355
Thanks for the link!
mrmichaelt liked this

https://i.imgur.com/cMwtW9y.jpg Where do th[…]

Ecto Containment Unit

Hey sorry I never saw this…it’s just […]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]