Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Coover5
I know this wait is killing us but think about the folks who waited for Endgame. It was announced 4 years ago and fans already new it was going to be something major. After all it was originally Infinity War Part 2 and if you need a total time of about 5 hours to sell a story then it's going to be epic. Let's be happy with our modest 18 month wait.
By philmorgan81
I know it is way too soon to tell, but I am glad that the GB 2020 so far doesn’t seem like it will have major competition. I know that Marvel will be taking that year off. I am eagerly waiting the next bit of news. I am just so happy that it is happening and I am really enjoying the ride. :):):)
Sav C liked this
By devilmanozzy
It is a better year than most, The Secret Life of Pets and Star Trek Beyond pretty much killed Ghostbusters 2016 years ago. The worst threat to Ghostbusters 2020 looks to be Minions 2, which if it is a week before GB20 could really hurt numbers.
By Doctor Venkman
philmorgan81 wrote: April 26th, 2019, 2:49 am I know it is way too soon to tell, but I am glad that the GB 2020 so far doesn’t seem like it will have major competition. I know that Marvel will be taking that year off. I am eagerly waiting the next bit of news. I am just so happy that it is happening and I am really enjoying the ride. :):):)
I wouldn't count on that. Marvel likely will have a summer blockbuster. They're not going to take the summer off. They just haven't announced movies yet because they likely would be spoilers for Endgame itself.

I agree with everything else you said though.
By Slimered
Michael Scott wrote: April 25th, 2019, 10:20 pm I figured there would be a lull when Endgame came out. It’s smart to save any news until the biggest movie of the year clears the headlines. We might not see much until fan fest now that it’s only 6 weeks away.
Is that why the thread has gone quiet? Everybody is watching Avengers: Endgame and digesting what they saw instead of posting on here?
By mrmichaelt
I'd actually be content with no news in May, because once June comes around it will probably be a non-stop flurry of articles and social media posts until it comes out in theaters in 2020, imo.
By SpaceBallz
We just gotta remember that filming starts in a few months, then we'll have a lot more nuggets to chew on. I think when Halloween roles around we might get another teaser. MY PREDICTION.
Sav C, back liked this
By timeware
I raise your prediction with another. If GB20 is aiming for holiday release trailers we may get one for both Halloween and Christmas. I would assume whatever holiday the new film will be centered on. GBII was mainly focused around Christmas time.

I think I agree with most everyone's assumption that there will be a new trailer for fan-fest. I would most likely guess a quick shot of the fire house lockers with the new gear and costumes. An OG name tag on one of the uniforms maybe.
SpaceBallz liked this
By Sav C
I wasn't aware until today that a new Avengers movie was coming out. (Not sure if it is out yet, or within a few weeks.) Talk about being out of the loop!
By Coover5
I'm getting to be the same way about movies. I remember as a kid my dad would say "Isn't there supposed be a (RANDOM MOVIE TITLE) sequel coming out soon?" and it would be months after it already came out on video. I wondered how you could totally miss a movie coming out. But now I see ads for the sequels to movies I didn't know existed and I feel old.
Sav C liked this
By Davideverona
Coover5 wrote: April 27th, 2019, 12:22 am I didn't think I'd care if she was in it but based on how excited I am to see the name listed I guess I was wrong.
You're excited because you know that when s#it happens and someone has to deal with it... Who Dana is going to call?
Coover5, Sav C liked this
By Coover5
The one thing I heard most about Carrie Coon when she was announced was her resemblance to Sigourney Weaver. I didn't see it but I guess I was wrong. I could see her being the aunt for sure.
By Coover5
Davideverona wrote: April 27th, 2019, 12:40 am
Coover5 wrote: April 27th, 2019, 12:22 am I didn't think I'd care if she was in it but based on how excited I am to see the name listed I guess I was wrong.
You're excited because you know that when s#it happens and someone has to deal with it... Who Dana is going to call?
I kept saying I wanted Carrie to suit up because there have been some great examples of badass moms going totally warrior for their kids and I kept naming the relationship between Ripley and Newt in Aliens as my example (I know they weren't mother/daughter but Ripley was still dealing with the loss of her kid so she became extra protective of her surrogate daughter) so to actually have Ripley is sweet.
By philmorgan81
Coover5 wrote: April 27th, 2019, 1:48 am Wasn't it clarified they weren't the leads?

Nothing is 100% confirmed. It is hard to filter out what is official and what is here say with the slow flow of info. I still have a big feeling that thIs movie is putting much bigger focus on the OGBs than what is being let on. I understand that is a lot of faith considering that as of now none of the original cast is slated to return. To me it just goes without saying. :):):)
Sav C liked this
By Davideverona
Coover5 wrote: April 27th, 2019, 1:48 am Wasn't it clarified they weren't the leads?
To be honest, no.

But a Doc / Marty (or Tony/Peter) kind of relationship could be nice.

Finn is the tech wiz, his mother is Dana's niece.
Dana bring Ray along for the ride. Ray and Finn start tinkering on the equipment with the little awkward smart girl making quips about it.

In the end Carrie, Ray, Winston and Finn (with a slightly modified pack) suits up. Grace and all the other kids hepls operate something from distance.
By Slimered
Sigourney Weaver being in the film practically confirms the original Ghostbusters will be too. Why would you bring back Dana Barrett and not Peter Venkman, Ray Stantz and Winston Zeddemore too?
By SpaceBallz
I dunno guys, that pic looks iffy. Each of the other films listed there has an email with their production company after the "@" symbol. Then we have the Ghostbusters article, the email is "rustcity2020@gmail.com." :lol: Their phone numbers are even cut-off. "Rust City" isn't the working title by the way, it was a code name for the film when they were holding auditions before it was officially announced as Ghostbusters 3.

I'd take that with a grain of salt.
Alphagaia liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]