By wpugh24
I am planning on making a RGB Spengler and Melnitz suits, whats the color I need to buy to rit dye the costume? What will be the easiest? :sigh::eyeroll:
By wpugh24
Maybe I had worded that wrong, I am asking about the initial color of the suit before I dye it.Thanks
By wpugh24
Would anyone recommend trying to get a custom one done by a local shop or just buy a truspec one that is khaki?
By Glenn Frederick
It really depends on how light you can get the suit .

Truspec is your best option as Nomex the color can't be removed/Dyed. Plus the truspec has closer pocket configuration to the RGB suits.

The khaki being lighter would be your best option but it would depend how lighter you can get it with bleach or RIT color remover before you dye it the right color?
By wpugh24
Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. I ordered two truspec khaki ones. I know there are a few recipes on how to do this, but if you have a recommendation, I am all ears!!

Also, I have a question for anyone out there about utility belts/pistol belts. I would like it to match my costume color but wonder if I can dye it in the same manner
By DarkSpectre
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

https://www.amazon.com/Red-Kap-Twill-Ac ... way&sr=8-4

Since the RGB ones were technically coveralls, this is an in expensive place to start. Plus they coming in 9 different colors including white (which can be dyed pink and postman blue which is very close to Egon's color
Glenn Frederick liked this
By wpugh24
thats not a bad idea really. it looks like it would be an easier process to do that with the coveralls.
I took my flight suit to get some hem work today to make it fit better. if it turns out to be too difficult to change this truspec to a rgb suit i may use your idea
thanks
By wpugh24
another question has come up. if I dye my truspec khaki, can anyone list out the steps? not just the dye part but any specific way to keep the zippers and what to do with the velcro area ??
:angryvigo:
By Glenn Frederick
wpugh24 wrote:thats not a bad idea really. it looks like it would be an easier process to do that with the coveralls.
I took my flight suit to get some hem work today to make it fit better. if it turns out to be too difficult to change this truspec to a rgb suit i may use your idea
thanks

One thing to take into consideration is the suit will need to be dyed in very hot water which will shrink it being a cotton poly blend.

If the suit fits perfectly you might not want to risk it shrinking.
If you think any shrinkage will make it uncomfortable to wear you could keep it as a movie suit and get a bigger size for the RGB suits.
By Glenn Frederick
The thread on how to dye a Truspec is pinned right above this thread

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5149

You would pretty much follow the instructions on getting the suit lighter
(In your case a khaki) and then dye it to the appropriate color.

May I ask what color suit are you replicating?
By wpugh24
hey there=, thanks for the information. really appreciate it !
I am trying to replicate the great Egon Spengler RGB.
:sigh: the pink trim may cause some issues as well. I have a couple ideas how to do this. also trying to replicate the key fob/bak may be tricky as well. all things in time I guess. now If I can get the color of the suit to come out right I will proceed with the other tasks.
looked at the pdf from Rit to make sure I get the right combo for the color.
By Dr.D
The Red Kap Postman Blue overalls are a good place to start. And if you really want to make it easier on yourself you might try buying a pink button up shirt and using the collar off that. Would save you alot of time and effort.
By wpugh24
ok update
I have had a hard time finding the right combination for the coloring
a friend of mine is helping me make a custom one
apparently the plan is to get the blend of fabric and take my measurements and one is going to be sewn together for me
hope to post some pics at some time in the near future :sigh:
    The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]