Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Alphagaia wrote: June 8th, 2019, 10:16 pm
ccv66 wrote: June 8th, 2019, 10:12 pm Jason and Ivan were both good, but no gb20 news
Well, apart from:

Sigourney Weaver has read the script.
Dan Aykroyd has read the script.
Ernie Hudson has read the script.
Bill Murray has read the script!
And all thanks to Hooked On Phonics!

Seriously though that seems like it would be an odd tease to bring up those names and then say "But that means nothing. They aren't in the movie" I know we all want to say "It has to mean they are in it. Weaver confirmed it with her Parade interview right?" but we were also sure Fan Fest was going to bring us some major GB20 news and it just brought us a slight tease. With my expectation for fan fest being so different from reality (as in news. I didn't go) I think I'll stay away from "A + B = C" and stick with "I hope A + B = C but if it equals D or E that's okay too"
Sav C liked this
datgoldmember wrote: June 8th, 2019, 5:49 pm I tried to go live on YouTube and that was a fail..cell data on the Sony lot with T-Mobile and Verizon is choppy at best. I'll upload video as soon as the event is over or once I leave Sony.
PS: Got to go inside GhostCorp and have some footage with Dan Aykroyd during one of his panel and photo breaks.
As Promised: https://youtu.be/9ZALR_GLSXw
I am looking forward to reading, hearing and watching reviews post FanFest once the dust settles.

But my biggest fear is that some might have bias reviews leaning towards the positive. I don’t expect The Crossrip or Yes Have Some to say anything negative as they usually alway have nothing but good things to say.
NotSabbat liked this
datgoldmember wrote: June 8th, 2019, 11:21 pm
datgoldmember wrote: June 8th, 2019, 5:49 pm I tried to go live on YouTube and that was a fail..cell data on the Sony lot with T-Mobile and Verizon is choppy at best. I'll upload video as soon as the event is over or once I leave Sony.
PS: Got to go inside GhostCorp and have some footage with Dan Aykroyd during one of his panel and photo breaks.
Very nice. I like Dan's comments about signing shoes. Let's you know they still weren't sure about details the day of.
Coover5 wrote: June 8th, 2019, 11:35 pm

Very nice. I like Dan's comments about signing shoes. Let's you know they still weren't sure about details the day of.
I spoke with him off camera and the guy is awesome!! I will admit, there was ALOT of confusion with the employees of Wizard World which meant the talent was in the dark about alot (it showed unfortunately). For example, the Photo Ops near the Carey Grant Theater on the lot...we waited for almost 2 hours for the Ivan & Jason combo pic and missed other panels because they (Wizard World) were not totally together.
Great video! Really good sense of what the place was like.
I'm not a big fan of ATC, but I was worried feig was going to get a hard. It seemed like he got a pretty warm reception.. he was out talking to fans when I first got there and got a good cheer when his name was announced for the panel
Last edited by ccv66 on June 9th, 2019, 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
NotSabbat, Alphagaia liked this
datgoldmember wrote: June 8th, 2019, 11:45 pm [quote=Coover5 post_id=4919033 time=1560058524 user_id

I spoke with him off camera and the guy is awesome!! I will admit, there was ALOT of confusion with the employees of Wizard World which meant the talent was in the dark about alot (it showed unfortunately). For example, the Photo Ops near the Carey Grant Theater on the lot...we waited for almost 2 hours for the Ivan & Jason combo pic and missed other panels because they (Wizard World) were not totally together.
No one there had a clue.. my admission ticket nor my autographs tickets were checked. I literally got in line for Dan, Ernie and Ivan and wasnt asked any questions. The worst part is there was barely enough time to get all three before they stopped the signings and had to miss panels standing in lines
I had a fun time but I never did get to see any of the panels except for the GB84 and Ivan and Jason.
I spent more time waiting in line for Autographs and getting a group pic with everyone that I missed mostly all of the panels.

The worst thing was I paid for a class 10 and I ended up missing the Autograph from Ivan, photo op with Paul Feig and I almost missed the photo op and autograph with Ray Parker Jr but he was kind enough to to wait for the photo and he gave me a autograph.

Wizard promised nothing would go on during the directors panel which was a lie! Wizard had absolutely no clue on what they were doing!
back, canpara liked this
RiverofMassHysteria wrote: June 9th, 2019, 12:14 am Full directors panel with Ivan, Jason and Paul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHdbEQURcCc
Thank you sir!

What I was fearing for Feig was for him to be ignored. Being on the same stage with the future GB3 director... You know, one would imagine that the majority of the questions would concentrate on the sequel.
Davideverona wrote: June 9th, 2019, 3:04 am What I was fearing for Feig was for him to be ignored. Being on the same stage with the future GB3 director... You know, one would imagine that the majority of the questions would concentrate on the sequel.
I had NO intentions of ignoring any of the fine directors there! Infact, I was collecting thumb/toe prints from them :-)
(Weird, right? But originality is the key to life! :D )
I Brought this for Ivan to sign...
Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator
He thought my idea of a fingerprint autograph was awesome! Great guy!
I then presented this beauty for Jason to sign...
He thought I was a little 'Out-There' but soon chilled out, printed the pack and told me knock knock joke.
Then there was Paul.
Now, I put DUE Thought into what props of mine I might want him to fingerprint. So I slept on it.
Then I asked him for his 'Fingerprint Autograph', he was so excited! Big smiles from the guy. I brought 23 traps for him to Fingerprint!
:D What a sport! :D
.....(I kid, of course! Looked like an awesome panel though!)
Last edited by back on June 9th, 2019, 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Any uniform Revelations yet? I'm getting antsy. Also has anyone gone to Galaxy's edge while they've been in California? Useless tidbit but you can purchase a savis workshop lightsaber for the same price of a fully modded spirit Halloween pack!
timeware wrote: June 9th, 2019, 6:50 am Any uniform Revelations yet? I'm getting antsy. Also has anyone gone to Galaxy's edge while they've been in California? Useless tidbit but you can purchase a savis workshop lightsaber for the same price of a fully modded spirit Halloween pack!
Heading for the Mouse at noon. Unfortunately, they have set GE to a reservation only policy for the first month. The reservations went in two hours.

From what I’ve read, you can buy better quality for the same or less from one of the established saber vendors. However, I’m more a Pilot/Trooper/Officer expert so not the “Go to guy”for Jedi information.
So here’s my write up...

Best parts:
- Meeting so many people I’ve only spoken to online for so many years. Sorry to those that I didn’t get a chance to connect with. Hopefully next time!
- Making new friends in lines and spending the entire weekend hanging out with great new people.
- The autographs and photographs, obviously, and getting to meet my heroes of my favorite movie after all these years. Some for the first time others for the second or third. Meeting Paul Feig and having him sign a glossy print I had made up of his tweet from two years where he agreed to match the Buffalo Ghostbusters donations. He obviously remembered doing that and we had a nice quick chat.
- The panels to end the evening. Especially the one with Jason and Ivan with all of the old dailies. Ivan had a really cool emotional moment where he talked about them filming the original movie and how they were all in their 30s and in their prime and he got a little misty and Jason got up and gave him a hug. It’s really awesome to see and you can clearly see it how much Jason truly admires and loves his dad.
- The screening on Friday night was absolutely incredible. I think the movie looks great in 4K. The lighting effects that they did during the movie really added a lot to it and it was really fun to watch the movie for the first time ever with a ton of other super fans who all clearly love the movie as much as I do.

All in all while there were some speed bumps during the day on Saturday with lines and some confusion and such that others have mentioned, it was a great day. It was absolutely incredible to be a part of this and I wouldn’t have missed this for the world.
greg883 wrote: June 9th, 2019, 7:57 am Back on topic, did anyone find the other WW event on the opposite corner of the studio?
It was actually right in the main courtyard as well. The booth/tent where most of the GB actors were. I saw a lot of the guests for that con there. Soup Nazi, TMNT people, Lou Ferigno, etc.
Doctor Venkman wrote: June 9th, 2019, 10:36 am
greg883 wrote: June 9th, 2019, 7:57 am Back on topic, did anyone find the other WW event on the opposite corner of the studio?
It was actually right in the main courtyard as well. The booth/tent where most of the GB actors were. I saw a lot of the guests for that con there. Soup Nazi, TMNT people, Lou Ferigno, etc.
Which was garbage because general admission to that “con” was $40, and general admission for Fan Fest was $150, with access granted to Fan Fest ticket holders to the LA “con” and guests for free. Neither of the cons were separated, so the people that paid $40 for the LA “con” had the same access to programming and guests anyone that paid $150 or higher admissions. That was falsely advertised to say the least.

As well as the fact that only a few of the Wizard World table handlers were marking off autographs and photo ops on badge cards. I spoke to a few attendees that paid general admission for $150, and just stood in the same autograph lines with package holders, got Ghostbuster autographs, and received the same experience that a Class 10 Fan Fest ticket holder did who paid $1500 for their autos/photos/experience. That is both disgusting and wrong.
I’ll throw in my two cents, this coming from someone who really didn’t have any expectations as I’ve never been to any type of con before and I wasn’t expecting to go until the day before!
It was very cool to see all the different franchises, the different ecto’s ( Colorado’s FJ Ecto was awesome) and all the different gear. The creativity on display was pretty awesome.

Initially I regretted not wearing my flight suit and pack but after the first hour or so I was glad I didn’t. It got pretty warm and some guys looked like they were dying by about 3-4pm.

It was cool to meet a lot of people I’ve talked to on here or instagram and just enjoy all things Ghostbusters. I got to spend some time at the Fincher booth and pick their brains on tips for the new pack I’m building along with picking up some dry rub transfers.

I was kind of surprised that they didn’t have any kind of 35th anniversary shirts or hats for sale anywhere. Unless I missed that but my buddy and I walked the whole con a few times and didn’t see anything.

Seeing the panels was also very cool especially at the end of the night with the stories from Jason and Ivan and then the cast of GB1. Atherton was awesome, I really enjoyed his stories.

The highlight for me though was getting to see the original Ecto and take tons of pictures with it. I thought for sure that would be something that was regulated in regards to people getting too close or for pictures but it was in its normal place and there really weren’t a whole lot of people around it which kind of surprised me.

I can definitely feel for the people who paid big money for the passes only to have people with general admission passes get the same access though. We only had GA passes but no one ever checked our passes and we wandered into all sorts of places we probably weren’t supposed to be.

It definitely seems like other than Jason confirming the originals had read the script, there wasn’t the big announcement or surprise everyone expected. That was a non issue for me as I figured they wouldn’t be giving away too much or showing a trailer since they haven’t started filming yet but I know some people were really expecting a big announcement.

Overall I had a great time, and I’m glad I was able to go to experience it and talk with as many fellow ghostheads as I did. My only regret is not putting enough sunscreen on my face, definitely have the raccoon eyes today.
Last edited by Kingpin on June 9th, 2019, 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added paragraph breaks
Hope I'm not flooding the threads with copy paste posts:
Here is the panel between father and son Reitman, part 1:

https://youtu.be/kmAwzIyKThI

This also reveals the little surprise Jason had. They found unused footage of GB84 in a bunker and he needs it for the new movie. He would not tell why, though.

Part two: https://youtu.be/5l4_VLEXkcE
back, deadderek liked this
Alphagaia wrote: June 9th, 2019, 2:45 pm Hope I'm not flooding the threads with copy paste posts:
Here is the panel between father and son Reitman, part 1:

https://youtu.be/kmAwzIyKThI

This also reveals the little surprise Jason had. They found unused footage of GB84 in a bunker and he needs it for the new movie. He would not tell why, though.

Part two: https://youtu.be/5l4_VLEXkcE
Copy & Paste as you must, just dont sniff the glue ;) lol
Seriously, thank you for the links! Really enjoyed that panel! :D

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]