Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Slimered
Sav C wrote: June 22nd, 2019, 1:29 am Woulda been something if Bill had actually confirmed today, since today was my graduation day! Watch Bill is in GBIII, but instead of reprising Venkman, he reprises Spackler and spends the movie chasing prairie dogs across the Canadian shield while Ernie and Dan bust some ghosts, lol...
You fellows are the best.
Congratulations!

There's not many greater honours than becoming a graduate of something.
Sav C, SpaceBallz liked this
By Glenn Frederick
mrmichaelt wrote:Looks like Jason cast a new background extra. :P
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByqWp6wpY-c/
With talk of this movie possible being set in a rural area it would be a funny nod to Caddyshack if they inserted a scene like this into the film.

Even though you hear "Caddyshack" and immediately think of Bill Murray it was Directed/co-written by Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd was in the very disappointing sequel.

And congratulations Sav C
Last edited by Kingpin on June 23rd, 2019, 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed twitter link
Sav C liked this
By *NormalGamer*
Sav C wrote: June 22nd, 2019, 1:29 am Woulda been something if Bill had actually confirmed today, since today was my graduation day! Watch Bill is in GBIII, but instead of reprising Venkman, he reprises Spackler and spends the movie chasing prairie dogs across the Canadian shield while Ernie and Dan bust some ghosts, lol...
You fellows are the best.
Congrats to you. ^_^
Sav C liked this
By robbritton
It’s hugely unlikely this has anything to do with the new movie and much more likely it’s for a promo event, but on the slim offchance it winds up being for a flashback sequence, there’s these guys making a Sedgewick corridor out in LA (I think) and tagging the images with #filmcrew #filmflats and #filmlife amongst others. Any ideas?

https://www.toopics.com/breakallproductions/

EDIT: Looks like it’s for a parody/fan project according to Facebook folks. Sorry all!
By deadderek
My group posted and shared this earlier today and the Atlanta Ghostbusters seem to confirm it IS a new project, but not related to the Hillywood parody the company did last year.

Some are speculating it could be for Universal Horror Nights. It seems doubtful it'd be for a movie filming in Canada. (Why not just build it up there in that situation?)

We'll see...
robbritton liked this
By deadderek
robbritton wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 12:31 pm It’s hugely unlikely this has anything to do with the new movie and much more likely it’s for a promo event, but on the slim offchance it winds up being for a flashback sequence, there’s these guys making a Sedgewick corridor out in LA (I think) and tagging the images with #filmcrew #filmflats and #filmlife amongst others. Any ideas?

https://www.toopics.com/breakallproductions/

EDIT: Looks like it’s for a parody/fan project according to Facebook folks. Sorry all!
There is NO direct confirmation just yet. :)
robbritton liked this
By deadderek
janeb984 wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 4:30 pm Hi! I'm a lurker but I wanted to ask if there's anything against plot speculation on this thread? I want to hash out some ideas, but I don't want cause issue.
Speculate away on GB2020. Help clear out a bunch of off topic stuff.
By janeb984
OK cool. What do you think Jason wants with the dailies footage? Is he just looking for old equipment and other props for back ground stuff, or does he want actual scenes? I know he asked what one of the devices is called, but does he want to incorporate the scenes? I think it would be pretty unique to have flashback scenes.
deadderek, robbritton liked this
By robbritton
janeb984 wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 8:18 pm OK cool. What do you think Jason wants with the dailies footage? Is he just looking for old equipment and other props for back ground stuff, or does he want actual scenes? I know he asked what one of the devices is called, but does he want to incorporate the scenes? I think it would be pretty unique to have flashback scenes.
Well, we know the new family has some connection to Ghostbusters 1 specifically that even they are unaware of, so it's not inconceivable there would be flashbacks as a plot device!
By robbritton
Davideverona wrote: June 24th, 2019, 3:18 am I hope they don't put time travel in it.
Oh, but the possibilities! https://images.wikia.com/ghostbusters/i ... ollage.png
By janeb984
I guess I was thinking more along the lines that it would be very unique if they took unused scenes from 84 and dubbed them to be completely new. Like if they filmed a clip in the lab in 84, they could dub it for the new movie for a video that warns if a prophecy for 2020 and specifically mentions the new characters names. That would be really clever.
Sav C, robbritton liked this
By Dr.D
A tech scout is when the production crew visits a shooting location to help plan out the technical aspects of shooting. Usually this is done when the location for shooting has already been chosen. This is when the Production Designer, Art Director, and other crew members will look the place over.

Very standard stuff. GB2020 already has their production offices set up as far as I'm aware.

Nothing to do with announcing casting. But feel free to continue to foam at the mouth, until maybe they announce the cast and then I'm sure you'll hop up on your soapbox and tell us all how you knew all along.
Kingpin liked this
Although I’m 99% certain the footage doesn’t exist (and was never filmed in the first place), it would be neat if the original concept of testing the proton packs from the script (where they try to power them via building current and melt the plug) was recorded on video by Ray and unearthed by the kids. Or their encounter with the library ghost for that matter...
Sav C liked this
What I would really, really, love would be for the movie to work in at least some element from The Real Ghostbusters. I've been hopeful that maybe the barn is in Morrisville or something since that's where Ray went when he went back to his hometown on an episode. I also think Sam Hain could make an awesome villain but I'm positive they'd never do that. Still just wish there'd be some kind of bone thrown to the fans of the show and how deep the lore was on it.
By philmorgan81
janeb984 wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 8:18 pm OK cool. What do you think Jason wants with the dailies footage? Is he just looking for old equipment and other props for back ground stuff, or does he want actual scenes? I know he asked what one of the devices is called, but does he want to incorporate the scenes? I think it would be pretty unique to have flashback scenes.

Oh there are a lot of possibilities with those old dailies. Considering he was very clear that he was going through them, but couldn’t reveal WHY? They could either incorporate it as some kind of flash back or they could be grabbing as much unused audio of Harold Ramis so he could play some kind of part in the movie. Who knows there is a lot you can do in this day and age and with access to those original dailies has got to be a valuable resource. I have said it before, but I really think this movie is going to be wonderful surprise. :):):)
*NormalGamer* liked this
By philmorgan81
StarSpengledBanner82 wrote: June 24th, 2019, 7:49 pm What I would really, really, love would be for the movie to work in at least some element from The Real Ghostbusters. I've been hopeful that maybe the barn is in Morrisville or something since that's where Ray went when he went back to his hometown on an episode. I also think Sam Hain could make an awesome villain but I'm positive they'd never do that. Still just wish there'd be some kind of bone thrown to the fans of the show and how deep the lore was on it.

Sorry to double post I just had to respond to this one. Oh believe me I know how you feel. When I was a kid I thought things like Samhain, The Grundel, and The Boogeyman would make for awesome villains in another feature film. However as I got older I got to thinking, what if they screwed the characters up as they transitioned to live action? What if they were not portrayed as well as they were in the cartoon? So I got to thinking, hey at least those villains had there time to shine in the cartoon. I am very thankful for villains like Samhain, The Ghostmaster, And The Boogeyman because it made it so the show didn’t have to rely on Gozer being a recurring character. I also would have loved to have seen the Ecto 2 helicopter in a live action film.

However I believe the new movie will stay in the parameters of the films. The IDW comic already did a spectacular job incorporating elements of the cartoon into there stories or into there background with Easter eggs or even bringing the worlds together. They did all that without compromising the slightly more grounded world of the original movies. I say “Slightly” more grounded as they prepare to team up with the Transformers this week. ;)

Now it is already clear that this story is taking the Ghostbusters out of the Big City. I am still holding on to hope that the villain is 1. Something we have never seen before. And 2. Something that is end of the world powerful. Those are my small hopes, but if none of those are met it is far from a deal breaker. :):):)
*NormalGamer* liked this
philmorgan81 wrote: June 24th, 2019, 10:01 pm
StarSpengledBanner82 wrote: June 24th, 2019, 7:49 pm What I would really, really, love would be for the movie to work in at least some element from The Real Ghostbusters. I've been hopeful that maybe the barn is in Morrisville or something since that's where Ray went when he went back to his hometown on an episode. I also think Sam Hain could make an awesome villain but I'm positive they'd never do that. Still just wish there'd be some kind of bone thrown to the fans of the show and how deep the lore was on it.

Sorry to double post I just had to respond to this one. Oh believe me I know how you feel. When I was a kid I thought things like Samhain, The Grundel, and The Boogeyman would make for awesome villains in another feature film. However as I got older I got to thinking, what if they screwed the characters up as they transitioned to live action? What if they were not portrayed as well as they were in the cartoon? So I got to thinking, hey at least those villains had there time to shine in the cartoon. I am very thankful for villains like Samhain, The Ghostmaster, And The Boogeyman because it made it so the show didn’t have to rely on Gozer being a recurring character. I also would have loved to have seen the Ecto 2 helicopter in a live action film.

However I believe the new movie will stay in the parameters of the films. The IDW comic already did a spectacular job incorporating elements of the cartoon into there stories or into there background with Easter eggs or even bringing the worlds together. They did all that without compromising the slightly more grounded world of the original movies. I say “Slightly” more grounded as they prepare to team up with the Transformers this week. ;)

Now it is already clear that this story is taking the Ghostbusters out of the Big City. I am still holding on to hope that the villain is 1. Something we have never seen before. And 2. Something that is end of the world powerful. Those are my small hopes, but if none of those are met it is far from a deal breaker. :):):)
Yeah I meet Eric Burnham a few years ago at Heroescon when he had first started doing The Real Ghostbusters comic and he signed my first issue. He also did the TMNT crossover if I'm not mistaken. I've always thought if I were gonna do my own Ghostbusters comic I'd tell the story of what caused Egon to straighten his slinky. I also love The Boogeyman as well and love the episode when we find out that Egon encountered him as a child. I would be SUPER surprised to ever see him appear in a film since Harold Ramis is gone now and I think of him as connected at the hip with Egon. I really wonder if Jason Reitman considers himself more of a "movie" fan or a "cartoon" fan. I'm assuming he's more of a movie fan though since he calls himself "the first Ghostbusters fan" but would just love to have something thrown the way of all of us fans of the show too because the first two seasons of that show are just straight up canon in my mind.
philmorgan81 liked this
By janeb984
I wonder if the teaser scene will be in the film. From the new information, it seems that this family has just moved to wherever they are. So how did all the stuff get there? They didnt bring it with them if they dont know theyre conected to ghostbusters. It kind of seems like it doesnt fit.
By philmorgan81
Yeah if I had to hazard a guess I would say he is a bigger fan of the movies. However it seems he is already incorporating some aspect of The Real Ghostbusters into this movie. I mean he said that he wanted to scare kids in this movie. He asked Mckenna Grace if she wanted to be a Ghostbuster when he called to tell her she had landed the role. Kind of has a JR Ghostbusters vibe to it. The big difference being that these are not the same JR Ghostbusters from the cartoon and that it is likely that these kids will actually be using some Ghost Busting equipment instead of launching toilet plungers and pumpkins at ghosts from their Ecto JR dune buggy. At least I hope to god we won’t be seeing that. ;)

Oh hey it is really easy to consider the cartoon canon. I mean if you start with Citizen Ghost it plays out as perfect a sequel you can get. Again thanks to the comics now all continuities are canon. All the worlds exist maybe a fraction of a decimal point apart from each other, but they have all been acknowledged. I feel the same way about the comics as I do the events of the 2009 video game. If the movie doesn’t go out of it’s way to ignore the events of the Game and Comics it is easy to just believe that they happened. :):):)
By Coover5
FUN QUESTION FOR EVERYONE

Today McKenna Grace, Ghostbusters fan soon to be Ghostbusters star, turns 13. Where were you in your Ghostbusters fandom at 13?

I turned 13 in 2002. I saw a proton pack replica for the first time earlier that year. After turning 13 I would attempt to convince my parents to upgrade me from AOL Kids to AOL teens mainly to explore the online Ghostbusters community. I would succeed the following summer. It was also the time in my life I started writing fan fiction which for the betterment of mankind I have long since stopped.
Sav C liked this
By philmorgan81
When I was 13 it was 1994. I was still a die hard Ghostbusters Fan, but it was during that time where it seemed to me that the world had moved on. People would speak about the movies, but it seemed like a lot of my friends all but forgot about the cartoon. At that point it had only been removed from showing reruns on ABC for a year. I had basic cable at the time and I would catch reruns of The Real Ghostbusters on USA. Even though it seemed Taboo at the time I couldn't get enough of the Saturday Morning Cartoons or those animation blocks that would air on Sunday's. At that time if I wasn't watching The Real Ghostbusters, I was watching TMNT, X-Men, and King Arthur and the Knights of Justice just to name a few. It was a dark time LOL! I was really lucky I had the good sense to tape quite a few episodes of RGB otherwise it would have been real hard for me to get my fix. :):):)
Wafflerobot liked this
By janeb984
Mine was 1997. EGB, and the newborn internet. Finally finding out there were other fans out there. Finding fanfiction for the first time. It was like the whole world opened up to my nerdy, outcasted self. I grew up in a terribly small southern town. I had noone until i found the internet.

I remember being jealous if people that had VHS tapes of RGB.
Alphagaia liked this
By robbritton
91, for me. I was listening to a lot of Nirvana and learning the guitar. Ghostbusters had gone backburner for me for a while. It didn't stay that way for long, though!

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]