Hey guys, has anyone here ever printed one of the packs from Tgoacher on thingiverse? https://www.thingiverse.com/tgoacher/designs

Today I just finished printing a new proton gun, which actually wan't his because his box doesn't provide enough space on the inside for the GBFans light kit. I was just wondering if anyone knows if his version of the proton pack fits the motherboards that we have in the shop here at GBfans because I am about 75% done printing his pack and I put it way for almost a year once I built and upgraded a spirit pack but now I would like to finish a full scale pack so I pulled the parts out and am now thinking of finishing it. I just really hope it fits the motherboard we have here.
The Tgoacher stuff follow the Stefan Otto Proton Pack plans pretty closely. I only printed out the synch gen spacer before I switched over to PakRatJr's 3D files due to the reasons I outline here. They are still decent plans, but you'll want to really do some serious sanding and post processing on the parts to make things look more screen accurate.

Otherwise, the plans are very much in line with Stefan Otto's measurements, and as a result, it should be pretty close to most motherboards that follow those same measurements.
GBDRE760 liked this
TragicManner wrote: July 14th, 2019, 5:27 pm The Tgoacher stuff follow the Stefan Otto Proton Pack plans pretty closely. I only printed out the synch gen spacer before I switched over to PakRatJr's 3D files due to the reasons I outline here. They are still decent plans, but you'll want to really do some serious sanding and post processing on the parts to make things look more screen accurate.

Otherwise, the plans are very much in line with Stefan Otto's measurements, and as a result, it should be pretty close to most motherboards that follow those same measurements.

So basically your saying it will fit well, but.... I may have a little bit of overhang do to the parts that were not perfectly rounded? I am really debating on printing the parts that you printed and keep the upper parts from Tgoacher.
It all depends on how you want to do your post-processing. I was really conflicted after printing out my synch gen as to whether I should swap to another set of designs, but after I did I was happy I did.

As for post-processing, I would check out this moment in the Ghostbusters Station 6 video. They used tgoacher's designs to make their proton packs, and they did pretty minimal post-processing, so you can see more or less what your shell will look like. It's still awesome, looks totally badass, but I personally would sand the hell out of that thing to take out the hard edges and low-poly count rounds before I would finally finish it. It's definitely doable, as you can more or less see in this moment in this guy's build using tgoacher's stuff. You can still see some of the low-poly artifacts on the outside of the round surfaces, but on the cyclotron in particular it looks like a lot of it was sanded out. And paint and filler will help some, as well.

And sanding things does work pretty well, actually. For example, here it the top of my synch gen spacer after sanding:

In the foreground you can see I hadn't sanded the top part, but the main part I had and I got it pretty perfectly round. Painting over that you'd never be able to tell it had the repeated corners to make the round part.

I was planning on sticking with the tgoacher synch gen but ultimately went with PakRatJR's because I had printed out PakRatJR's cyclotron and it fits better on their synch gen, but otherwise I would have stuck with the spacer I had already printed.

My advice would be to keep the parts you're fine with doing post processing on, and on some that seem they will be really post processing intensive, try sanding some of them out for a bit and see how much time it'll take. My schedule and the situations where I can actually sand things are pretty prohibitive, so sanding is one of the things I have little time for and as a result I just couldn't justify something that was going to be sanding intensive.
GBDRE760 liked this

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]