San Diego Comic Con has traditionally had convention exclusive figures. In the past, Matty Collector released a series of "marshmallow" variants of their figure series.
A four-piece set of "slimed" versions of Diamond Select Toys's figures of the movie Ghostbusters had been previously announced, but what is more likely to whet fans' appetites is a freshly-revealed set of Real Ghostbusters figures, featuring the famous spectral "ghost clones" from 1986's Citizen Ghost.

The set will also feature an angry version of the Stay Puft Marshmallow man, as well as a transparent blue Terror Dog, inspired by the creature's appearance in Egon's Ghost and The Copycat.

Although listed as a convention exclusive, the packaging also bears the logo for GameStop, suggesting a commercial release at a later date.

The "Spectral Ghostbusters" pack is currently slated to retail for $120 at Comic Con. Stay tuned for further details as they develop. Visit the topic to view additional images of the set.
NotSabbat liked this
wpugh24 wrote: July 18th, 2019, 4:33 pm hope that wasnt taken as offensive, just to me seems gimmicky and something is throwing me off about them

Don't worry it wasn't.

Yeah I get that it's literally their old figures in new clothes except undertaker who funnily seems made up of molds from multiple taker figures.

Don't worry about it 😁
wpugh24 wrote: July 18th, 2019, 4:33 pm hope that wasnt taken as offensive, just to me seems gimmicky and something is throwing me off about them

I think we're seeing some diminishing returns and barrel-scraping. It's only the main guys who sell well enough for these toy companies to produce figures, plus obligatory Slimer and Stay Puft. This is why we keep getting dubious crossovers, re-releases and cheap rehashing of molds, meanwhile there are tons of peripheral characters going unrepresented, particularly Extreme GB, IDW GB, even RGB has had pretty poor representation.

Unfortunately the appetite for those characters is a niche market within a niche market.

If we're being brutally honest, those Spectral Ghostbusters figures are hella cynical. They recycled art assets from the Time Life DVD sets rather than commission anything unique for the set. They used the same molds in different colours, recycle the same character variants they used from the Minimates line. The smoke paint work on the faces looks pretty bad. Throw in a nonsensical spectral terror dog, and their awkward looking Stay Puft (but angry!) and you have a package lacking in passion or understanding of the source material. imho.
SSJmole wrote: July 18th, 2019, 1:54 pm These https://bloody-disgusting.com/toys/3573 ... ker-ghost/

Sorry if this is wrong thread
I don't even know what to say to this. WWE Ghostbusters? Thinking about it is giving me a headache. Someone, somewhere in this world, brought up the idea of doing WWE Ghostbusters toy line and someone in charge said YES.

"If someone ever asks you to do a cross over WWE/Ghostbustees toy line you say "YES!" "
Kingpin liked this
Man am I glad I put some cash in the bank just in case these weren't preorder. It's a little pricey compared to what I usually spend on collectibles at a time but it's six great figures in the package so that's fine by me. They look so damn good with the translucent green plastic and glow in the dark paint from the review vid. Hope they look as good in person.
RichardLess wrote: July 19th, 2019, 7:59 am
I don't even know what to say to this. WWE Ghostbusters? Thinking about it is giving me a headache. Someone, somewhere in this world, brought up the idea of doing WWE Ghostbusters toy line and someone in charge said YES.
Yeah, no kidding. We couldn't get Gozer, Terror Dogs or even Janosz in the Matty line but they offer up this crap? :whatever:
Someone at Mattel thought that producing supporting characters or even ghosts for a Ghostbusters line wouldn't sell, but thought that a douchey-lookin' WWE/Ghostbusters crossover line would be a golden goose? My head spins. Do you smell what Mattel is cooking? (Yeah, smells like gutter butter.)

The funny thing about this line is it's nothing but reused parts from both lines with the the No-Ghost logo slapped on where applicable (just like Hasbro did with that "new" masterpiece Optimus Prime). The only thing "new" are some molded colors and the fact that they had Gerry from fabrication bust out the sewing machine to send clothing samples to the plant in China.

Maybe their thought process was this? Ghostbusters/Ninja Turtles (made a little bit of sense due to the comic crossover) =>Ninja Turtles/WWE (Inevitable as Turtles have been everything at this point. The only crossover they haven't been yet are breakfast cereal mascots or Aunt Jemima or Uncle Ben rice) =>Ghostbusters/WWE (How else can we print MOAR MoOOonies?).

"Genius idea, Bob! Just when people started to say that multi-billion dollar corporations such as us (Mattel) and Playmates couldn't think of anything original anymore. You know I might just give you a key to the pre-executive washrooms. It's a possibility, Bob. Listen everyone! It's ideas like this that keep Mattel on top. Now, let's run to the vault and take a look at which parts we can reuse! Pronto! Let's shoot for a 98% re-use number or close to it since we're constantly whining about how expensive a sculpting budget is. Marketing, don't forget to call it an "Adult-Collectible" so we can make it $2 more than our $30 action figures. You can blame it on the rising cost of plastic instead of our rising margin. Also, I want the team to get it ready for Comic-Con 'cos these nerds will eat up anything we shove in their faces. Bazingo! Plus, I need a new master marble bathroom in my 2nd pool house with one of those fancy golden bidets. Let's make it happen people! Reviews are coming up and this is your chance to grab that dollar raise." - Ynon Kreiz.

Also, if someone at Playmates does come up with Teenage Mutant Cereal Turtles, I expect a cut or you'll talking to my lawyer. Lol
910dohead wrote: July 20th, 2019, 6:50 ambut thought that a douchey-lookin' WWE/Ghostbusters crossover line would be a golden goose? My head spins. Do you smell what Mattel is cooking? (Yeah, smells like gutter butter.)
Let's not forget this was the same company that gave us those Mego "Retro action" Real Ghostbusters figures rather than sculpted plastic ones. And tried to give us a half-assed effort for Slimeblower Winston.

I'm not sure if I said it when the prototype photos popped up, but I'll say it now. The WWE Ghostbusters figures are lame shit.
Kingpin wrote:
910dohead wrote: July 20th, 2019, 6:50 ambut thought that a douchey-lookin' WWE/Ghostbusters crossover line would be a golden goose? My head spins. Do you smell what Mattel is cooking? (Yeah, smells like gutter butter.)
Let's not forget this was the same company that gave us those Mego "Retro action" Real Ghostbusters figures rather than sculpted plastic ones. And tried to give us a half-assed effort for Slimeblower Winston.

I'm not sure if I said it when the prototype photos popped up, but I'll say it now. The WWE Ghostbusters figures are lame shit.
Haha, they sure are lame shit! Personally, I didn't mind the Mego style RGB's for what they were. However, I will agree with you as to say they weren't what we wanted, had hoped for or what was even promised. It's neat they exist but they were made at the dead-wrong time and even went retail?!? Make your figure line retail and save the exotic stuff for online. What were they thinking?! Maybe that's what Scott "ToyGuru" Nut-flick was fired for. Bad decisions, man.

Yeah, that SB Prototype Winston was a mess. Luckily those pitchforks came out and we got a decent figure in the end. I even have a prototype of that figure (not the first shot, but production) to remind myself of the debacle that was and the fight we all took on. We were limping the whole time from the "Just use a blow dryer" (actual quote from Scott Nutfart) smooshed-head 12" Venkman. We lost that battle, but it was war when we saw that proto. We were victorious and Matty was never to be seen or heard from again. Never forget.
Kingpin liked this

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]