Write a quick introduction to introduce yourself.
By ShayScranton
Back in 1984 - as Ghostbusters was just getting introduced to the world - I too was just being introduced to the world. It only took 5-6 short years (and parents who were already big fans) before I became a Ghostbuster myself. Along with my two younger brothers, there was rarely a day over the next decade or so in which you couldn't find us in the backyard busting ghosts and assembling our own DIY gear from anything and everything we could find around the house. It consumed us, and we loved it with that unique passion that wide-eyed kids with endless imaginations often have. And like many of us, the first year I was able to choose my own Halloween costume, I of course chose to be a Ghostbuster. My mother loves to remind me: "You said we didn't have to worry about anything scaring us while trick-or-treating, because you were there to 'bust 'em!'"

That love for GB is one of the few things that has stayed with all three of us (and in fact grew!) for the rest our lives; and I'm so happy to finally have the chance to share that connection with a larger community. I've been putting off joining in on this space for far too long. I would tell myself "I don't have anything to add to a community that is already saturated with such huge fans and much more creative minds than my own." But to be honest, I'd much rather have a chance to interact with those folks rather than watch from the nosebleeds.

My name is Shay, and I'm a graphic designer / illustrator from Waco, TX. I still love to build props, and while I'm certainly no pro, I'd like to think I've gotten better at it since the days of hot-gluing telephone cords to shoeboxes with ribbons for shoulder straps, and then drawing the rest of the parts in Sharpie marker. But even those crude designs were given painstaking attention from a design standpoint. And that's because the thing we loved most about GB was the attention to detail on the filmmakers part, and we would wear out the VHS tape repeatedly rewinding and pausing to get the best look at our beloved on-screen icons; specifically the Proton Packs. It was the first thing over which we truly obsessed, and the way in which we latched onto those details was an approach that we would carry over to the rest of our favorite films for many years to come (Back to the Future, Jaws, Mad Max, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, etc). It just became the way we watched our movies: obsessively. And we would often deem a movie good or bad based on the level to which we could study it without getting bored. So if you were to ask me what I like most about Ghostbusters, I would say it's how watching it taught me to pay attention to - and truly appreciate - the details. Not to mention it's just an amazingly well-made film from all angles; but you already knew that :)

Sadly, we don't have an official GB chapter in Waco, but I'm excited to reach out to the other groups in Texas (and the wider GB world, of course) and hopefully build some connections. In the mean time, I'm just happy to be around some other Ghostbusters, and I hope to hear about all the awesome projects everyone is working on. Maybe I'll even try to throw some of my own ideas in the ring too. Cheers!

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]