Has anyone ordered a custom suit from G&B recently? I've been wanting to upgrade my suit, and I contacted them to investigate getting a new one made. First off, I got the obvious question out of the way, and customer-supplied fabrics are still a negative. I noticed that the guy who replied to my customer inquiry typed with somewhat broken English, and coupled with the fact that Yelp says the actual factory was moved to Mexico and some people have had trouble dealing with G&B now, I'm a little bit worried about spending that kind of money and receiving exactly what I wanted. Does anyone here have any recent experiences? Or any other recommendations for buying the most accurate suit possible under the circumstances? Thanks!
Nuclearjungle wrote: June 17th, 2019, 2:16 pm Has anyone ordered a custom suit from G&B recently? I've been wanting to upgrade my suit, and I contacted them to investigate getting a new one made. First off, I got the obvious question out of the way, and customer-supplied fabrics are still a negative. I noticed that the guy who replied to my customer inquiry typed with somewhat broken English, and coupled with the fact that Yelp says the actual factory was moved to Mexico and some people have had trouble dealing with G&B now, I'm a little bit worried about spending that kind of money and receiving exactly what I wanted. Does anyone here have any recent experiences? Or any other recommendations for buying the most accurate suit possible under the circumstances? Thanks!
Did you get any sort of answer to this? I'm ready to buy my flight suit and can't really find a consensus. I've looked at the nomex suits on ebay and they appear accurate but i'm not certain. I've seen threads regarding tru-spec but I've also seen complaints. I'm hoping that a custom G&B suit is still an option.
No answer, but I concluded that dealing with G&B wasn't worth it for me. I went with Cockpit USA and dyed it, but after I did so, I noticed the chest pockets were sewn lopsided. They sent me a prepaid return label, and said they would send me a new one, which is where I'm at now.
I’m going there tomorrow to get a GB1 (or as close as I can).

From the research I’ve done in this forum I believe I’m looking for:

Sentinel Uniform
Chest pockets
Left sleeve pocket
Pleated action back
Storm flap
Hook & loop sleeve tabs
Hook & loop waist tabs
Two-way front zipper
Knife pocket
Leg zippers
Left vertical thigh pocket
Right horizontal thigh pocket
Side entry zippers
Zippered leg pockets

Do I have this right? Am I missing anything? Is there a particular fabric choice I should get for the best accuracy? P/C, Mil-spec, light weight, heavy weight? Thank for the help :)
Just shot a request for a Nomex GB1 style suit. I think the make it or break it deal on this will be brass zippers. If that does not pan out it would seem I would be better off buying a Tru-Spec and replacing the zippers as the color seems fairly close. I'll be sure to update with a response and price quote whenever that decides to show up.
I ordered a custom Nomex GB1 suit from Gibson & Barnes in July by calling the number on their website and speaking with Jessica S. The order took about 10 weeks before it arrived and I am very happy with the suit. I took it to a local tailor to have further customizations done. Specifically adding the patches for me and creating a small pocked in the leg to hold a magnet so I do not have to have the hose nozzle attached all the time. I put a magnet in the pocket and a in the back of the hose nozzle and it works great!

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]