Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Davideverona wrote: August 20th, 2019, 11:43 pm Really spoilerish.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Hey, Guys (and Gals),
I was going to post the Reddit link
By Kingpin
Davideverona wrote: August 21st, 2019, 12:18 am
Nope, just looks like
Man, I'm
robbritton, Sav C liked this
By groschopf
Kingpin wrote: August 20th, 2019, 7:22 pm And comparing the bumper to this photo, it looks like a dead-on match:
Yeah, I think you're right. The drill hole, bracket impression and white blob )paint? adhesive residue?) on the "new" Ecto's front bumper matches the placement of the amber revolving light on the Ecto-1A.

By groschopf
2GunsRacing wrote: August 20th, 2019, 11:47 pm Another spoiler from the world of Instagram.

Proceed with this warning maties, ye have been warned

Don't use the peeping eyes, if ye doesn't want to know the future lol

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1ahWX-AfNw/
The hermit version of this:
Then again, it is a film franchise about blasting spirits into a corporate jail and destroying a 100-foot confection. Perhaps I need to suspend my disbelief.
Last edited by groschopf on August 21st, 2019, 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
By groschopf
Fun fact -- I used to tape record episodes of RGB from satellite transmissions. Local UHF stations would do the same, edit in commercials and broadcast them. Title cards would appear before the opening credits, and Dairy Farm was titled "Dairy Farm of the Dead."

/end non sequitur
By BatDan
Davideverona wrote: August 21st, 2019, 1:25 am Or maybe:

Please no.
groschopf, Sav C, robbritton liked this
droidguy1119 wrote: August 20th, 2019, 10:12 pm
RichardLess wrote: August 20th, 2019, 8:54 pmAnyways..seperate from that I wanted to bring something up that I noticed on rewatch. This may have been discussed ad nauseam for all I know but I'm going to bring it up anyway. So in Ghostbusters 1 there's an extra that appears in two seperate sections of the movie. We first see him outside the Library as the GB's are running out from their encounter with the librarian ghost. The second is after they walk out of the bank during the mortgage discussion(he's behind/near Bill Murray).

What's the story with this extra does anyone know? We know Jason is going thru old footage and alternate takes for GB2020 and I saw this reappearing extra and had an idea that will never come to pass but I thought it was a neat little "what if".

This extra, which I wish I had a screenshot of, is a male in his late 20's. What if he's some sort of inter dimensional being keeping tabs on the Ghostbusters? He sees their first encounter with a ghost, and is around for all the important moments in their formation. I think I may have also spotted him in the crowd during the containment unit explosion. I'm not sure. But he's in two seperate scenes. How cool would it be if they used that guy or something like it that had us re examine the way we looked at the original film?
This is a hall-of-fame stretch.

My theory is
Sav C liked this
RichardLess wrote: August 20th, 2019, 8:54 pm Vigo should have zero connection to anything from the first film. It's obviously not what Dan/Harold/Ivan intended when creating the character, and like others have said, it weakens Vigo as a bad guy and the franchise. Not everything should be connected. That's lazy storytelling. Vigo is his own thing.
I don't know if I'd necessarily call it lazy storytelling, and while I like the way it plays out in the video game, I don't think it's necessary and does weaken Vigo's storyline a bit, especially in terms of people complaining that GB2 is a big rehash of GB1.
RichardLess wrote: August 20th, 2019, 8:54 pmAnyways..seperate from that I wanted to bring something up that I noticed on rewatch. This may have been discussed ad nauseam for all I know but I'm going to bring it up anyway. So in Ghostbusters 1 there's an extra that appears in two seperate sections of the movie. We first see him outside the Library as the GB's are running out from their encounter with the librarian ghost. The second is after they walk out of the bank during the mortgage discussion(he's behind/near Bill Murray).

What's the story with this extra does anyone know? We know Jason is going thru old footage and alternate takes for GB2020 and I saw this reappearing extra and had an idea that will never come to pass but I thought it was a neat little "what if".

This extra, which I wish I had a screenshot of, is a male in his late 20's. What if he's some sort of inter dimensional being keeping tabs on the Ghostbusters? He sees their first encounter with a ghost, and is around for all the important moments in their formation. I think I may have also spotted him in the crowd during the containment unit explosion. I'm not sure. But he's in two seperate scenes. How cool would it be if they used that guy or something like it that had us re examine the way we looked at the original film?

Just an interesting idea I thought.
Definitely pretty far out there in theory land for this one. I'd imagine the footage is related to Egon and that the filmmakers likely didn't even recognize the same extra being used twice. It doesn't mean it's impossible, but I'd be very surprised if they elected to go that route.
Alphagaia liked this
ShiftyHenry wrote: August 21st, 2019, 8:35 am
droidguy1119 wrote:
ShiftyHenry wrote: August 21st, 2019, 8:35 am
Dr.D, tylergfoster, mrmichaelt and 1 others liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: August 21st, 2019, 2:05 pm I would imagine that we will see the firehouse again. It's so iconic that it would be a shame to leave it out. Even if it's just in a flashback scene or something.
I've said it before, but all we need is some NYC folks watching the firehouse! The second any film unit or set dressing appears, we'll know one way or another!
robbritton wrote: August 21st, 2019, 2:17 pm
JonXCTrack wrote: August 21st, 2019, 2:05 pm I would imagine that we will see the firehouse again. It's so iconic that it would be a shame to leave it out. Even if it's just in a flashback scene or something.
I've said it before, but all we need is some NYC folks watching the firehouse! The second any film unit or set dressing appears, we'll know one way or another!
If we're lucky; since 1984 when it was shown in the first film the moment Egon, Peter and Ray bought it with Ray's money and Ray sliding down the pole for the first time (You gotta try this pole!), that firehouse has become a part of Ghosbusters lore for more than a decade. ^_^
robbritton, Kingpin liked this
Ok please here me out,

So when I search on Instagram I use the #Ghostbusters hashtag like we all do,
Well today I accidently forgot the "S" at the end. So it just said #Ghostbuster anyway what I am getting at it is..

This guy posted a picture 5 days ago and well this might be a spoiler. I am not sure..
Please i would love to hear your thoughts

***Possible Spoiler warning***

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1PJCc9ILTp/?hl=en
By JWils23
All this talk of whether or not H&L 8 will be in the movie makes me wonder what they’ll do if they need any interior shots. Station 23 has been in some significant disrepair and was slated to be refurbished into some kind of an art center starting beginning of this year. The City is a bit of a mess right now, especially in that area where the neighborhood is like a demilitarized zone. I wonder if they’d try and do a soundstage build to try and replicate it if it’s unusable. It’s a shame what’s happened to that landmark.
2GunsRacing, Kingpin liked this
By groschopf
They already duplicated the firehouse to some extent for the 2016 film. I'm sure they could do it again or even reuse some of that set.

But they will need exterior shots in New York if they bring the firehouse back.

Maybe if they slap a sign on the station in time for Halloween, people will be less suspicious about them filming and just think it's a holiday gimmick.
2GunsRacing, mrmichaelt, Sav C and 1 others liked this

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London

Proton Props UK

I would like to apologise to everyone for the dela[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

How feasible would it be for Hasbro to release &[…]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack? I[…]