For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
I wonder if the game will make an appearance at Gamescom? With an October 4th release it could be an opportunity to showcase the game properly. Maybe even give some preview or info as to what the team decided about post-launch multiplayer?

It would be pretty awesome if there was more custom color outfits or even additional character models for 2020 mixed in at a later date.
What if there were new multiplayer maps based on new movie scenes??
Long shot I know, but if online is being rebuilt anyway it would be perfect to get some new tie-ins to further the life of the game.
GBfan_CH wrote: June 11th, 2019, 5:04 am
-Increased resolutions of the original .TEX files. (I don't know how though, unless they have access to assets that should be at Terminal Reality ex-employees personal PC's... The GBTVG discs only had low resolution .TEX files.. like the newspaper clippings in the GB firehouse or other textures. The resolutions were ultra low (like 400p).

The dev team mentioned finding the raw cutscene data on someone's home computer, so I'm hopeful there are uncompressed textures as well.

Where did you read that?
SSJmole wrote: August 20th, 2019, 12:38 pm New trailer I found cool

https://youtu.be/zW13WAt3vds
Good ol Dan, A.K.A. Ray Stantz, still got it. ^_^
No, I don't think they do.

Hey, considering this was a semi successful licensed game from 10 years ago, the fact that we're getting a re-release is nuts. Movie games NEVER get a re-release. And since it isn't being done by Terminal Reality, there was never going to be a chance of major improvements. I'm sure the folks contracted to port the PC version to the current gen consoles have zero access to any of the original assets. The raw files for the cutscenes were found unexpectedly by one of the old developers but I'm sure that was it. I bet finding that is the only reason the idea of a fresh port was even considered.

Really, the game doesn't look any different. The only advantage we're getting is LESS compressed textures and a much better framerate--the PS3 version is pretty soft looking and the framerate can really chug sometimes. Maybe we'll get some anti-aliasing (but the screenshots don't seem to show it). If you already had the PC version.... there's literally nothing new about this release, I don't think. If you're a PS3 player like me, it's going to be a nice upgrade, but that's about it.

I think if I had the 360 version, I wouldn't bother. It's been patched to play on the XBONE with (to me) what looks like a better framerate, AND multiplayer still works. I think this release is only worth it for us PS3 'Busters... even if they don't end up giving us the rebuilt multiplayer later on. I'd be very happy to get MP back, but given that this is a small company doing it, they're having to re-do it, AND I don't think this is going to sell very much? I expect the MP promise to end up being broken.
DocLathropBrown wrote: August 21st, 2019, 4:03 pm Really, the game doesn't look any different. The only advantage we're getting is LESS compressed textures and a much better framerate--the PS3 version is pretty soft looking and the framerate can really chug sometimes. Maybe we'll get some anti-aliasing (but the screenshots don't seem to show it). If you already had the PC version.... there's literally nothing new about this release, I don't think. If you're a PS3 player like me, it's going to be a nice upgrade, but that's about it.

The thing about the original PC version is that it wasn't optimized very well for the PC. To this very day, even on powerful systems, it doesn't stay at 60 FPS at all times (I tested it on my powerful system and in some parts it went well below 60 FPS). So honestly, I'm just glad PC gamers everywhere can finally play a version that'll be a consistent 60 FPS for the entire game. I don't mind if nothing else has changed. Out of all the new releases for the rest of 2019, this remaster is the one I'm looking forward to the most lol. :-D
The video with people’s favorite parts of the original version of the game has been uploaded today!
Jason of GBNews.com is in the video, I need to add!
https://www.facebook.com/40984291293275 ... 44?sfns=mo
Peter Venkman Jr. wrote: September 21st, 2019, 3:09 pm Got my pre-order for the Nintendo Switch version in this week at Gamestop. I am really looking forward to this. Especially since I never got a chance to play the photo realistic version of the video game back in 2009.
I decided to take the switch version as well. I was going to get the PS4 but I can play switch at work at lunch as in my office I have a TV and a spare dock.

So if prepaid and preloaded off the eShop
It's funny because I had actually bought the PC version back in January because it was only $10 on Amazon and I was too lazy to hook my PS3 back up, haha. The new version doesn't look much different than the PC version on max settings, but the improved frame rate will be nice... the end boss and his millions of GPU particles will especially benefit from the new tune up.

The mutiplayer will be fun if they follow through. I'm buying it just to support that... it was great fun back in the day, but kind of ghost town (no pun intended). Hopefully this time they'll have a bigger online base.
GBfan_CH wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 11:02 pm One day to go.

Someone shared their first thoughts on the Switch version over twitter (review copy).

https://twitter.com/zetsuboushitta/sta ... 44096?s=21

Worth picking up for the haircuts, though the rest of it looks exactly as I remember with added grain (that I kind of like).
I hoped it was today lol the eShop says playable from 3/10 but so far not usable. Hoped to have a game before work
Retail copies seem to have come out a little early, so some people are already live streaming the game. Looks largely identical but I noticed in the intro they have added a little title card reading "In Loving Memory of Harold Ramis".

Also, in case anyone was wondering, this is how the Dorito's product placement was changed:

OK, having played a few minutes of the PS4 version, I can give a little comparison to the Xbox 360, which is the version I've played most often.

Despite some glitching in the opening cinematic, it plays MUCH smoother and busting feels a little more frenetic for that. The cinematics seemed a little clearer, but nothing to really write home about. As for the game itself, I'm struggling to see any significant difference. You can't read any more of Venkman's office newspaper articles, for example, and I can't say as the much vaunted new hair is leaping out at me.

Where there IS a difference is in the sound. The shockwave really blasts out now, and I *think* there was a little extra spooky music on the skeleton jump cut at the beginning. Interestingly Ray said lines during the Sloth ghost bust that I hadn't heard before! Nothing major narratively, just remarking on my aim and such. Maybe they were always there but the Xbox never threw them up? Who knows. However, as they go to leave in the Ecto a line has definitely been reinstated. In the Xbox 350 version you hear Venkman say, "Try not to destroy too many major Manhattan landmarks" and they drive off. The subtitles on the Xbox version always included the line "...that's our job" at the end of the previous line, but you never heard it. Now it's back in, clear as day!

So they've definitely fiddled with the sound dynamics, which might throw up some surprises. Overall though it is very similar to the old versions. Don't expect Halo Remastered from it - it's just a very polished take on the 2009 game. (And the lip sync is still off! Grr!)
NSGhostbusters liked this
I have an order to be picked up for the Switch copy. Wasn’t gonna get the PC version anyway and the Switch port being available helped. I’ll chat about what’s different later. (Even if someone already did)
Wafflerobot liked this
below_radar_00 wrote: October 4th, 2019, 9:53 am Saw a short comparison video of PS3 vs Switch on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1CVUHOR30A

I have a PS4, Xbox One, and Switch but I ended up going with just a copy for my Switch. I'm wondering if the PS4/Xbox One versions run better since they have more power than the Switch.
Graphics on Switch are for sure better than the PS3 based on my gameplay and that vid. I assume the cutscenes look good on Xbox One and PS4 since they look identical to PS3’s scenes on Switch. I almost had last minute intentions for the Xbox One port but went forward for Switch. Still satisfied. :)

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]