Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Alphagaia wrote: August 24th, 2019, 1:21 am
timeware wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 11:43 am Being a movie about Ghosts it wouldn't surprise me if that house itself is haunted. Even possibly having been built by Shandor himself. Maybe the caretaker is some religious nut that kicks the bucket Carrie inherits the place.
From what we have seen, it makes narrative sense to me the house is owned by Ray and holds an ecto container, which is why he earns people to stay away, plus the ecto-1.

The kids take a look on a dare, accidentally release a ghost and decide to try and capture it to hide their mistake, which escalates in the chase.

Could be totally wrong ofcourse, as it feels like the easy way out, and it might be a haunted house.
Wow I am hearing so many great ideas. Initially I was thinking there was no way that the house with the police barricade and end is near signs could be Ray's. However Alphagaia and a few others have made some strong cases that have got me thinking that it could be Ray's house. I was thinking where ever there is Ghostbusters Equipment there has to be a containment somewhere. So what if that house is Rays and all the stuff in front is just a huge scare tactic to keep people away from the dangerous equipment? Maybe this is where Ray and Egon moved the storage facility in order to minimize damage in case there was ever another breach. If that is the case it is bad luck to have a potential containment breach in a town that just may have been built by the Gozer Cult. Man oh man who knows where this is going. I am really loving how much potential screentime the Wrecked Ecto 1 is getting. I am getting the feeling that it is going to be in rough shape through a large portion of the movie and I am really digging it. ;)

I know that this may seem silly to even mention, but if you look at the Ecto 1 as a character, so far it is the only member of the original crew to be working along side the new crew. I am still thinking the kids driving the Old Ecto 1 is a small taste of the old and new Guard comeradery we will be seeing from this movie. :):);)
Alphagaia liked this
Davideverona wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 11:29 pm Are they driving to get here?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1hSh9GgrAi ... w5910ji0ib

Also

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1iGKy5gjOQ ... tox5n2aa5w

That's an awful lot of antennae for an old house like that!
groschopf wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 9:19 pm Meanwhile, in Canada...
This Post Contains Spoilers
robbritton liked this
philmorgan81 wrote: August 24th, 2019, 1:47 am
Alphagaia wrote: August 24th, 2019, 1:21 am

From what we have seen, it makes narrative sense to me the house is owned by Ray and holds an ecto container, which is why he earns people to stay away, plus the ecto-1.

The kids take a look on a dare, accidentally release a ghost and decide to try and capture it to hide their mistake, which escalates in the chase.

Could be totally wrong ofcourse, as it feels like the easy way out, and it might be a haunted house.
Wow I am hearing so many great ideas. Initially I was thinking there was no way that the house with the police barricade and end is near signs could be Ray's. However Alphagaia and a few others have made some strong cases that have got me thinking that it could be Ray's house. I was thinking where ever there is Ghostbusters Equipment there has to be a containment somewhere. So what if that house is Rays and all the stuff in front is just a huge scare tactic to keep people away from the dangerous equipment? Maybe this is where Ray and Egon moved the storage facility in order to minimize damage in case there was ever another breach. If that is the case it is bad luck to have a potential containment breach in a town that just may have been built by the Gozer Cult. Man oh man who knows where this is going. I am really loving how much potential screentime the Wrecked Ecto 1 is getting. I am getting the feeling that it is going to be in rough shape through a large portion of the movie and I am really digging it. ;)

I know that this may seem silly to even mention, but if you look at the Ecto 1 as a character, so far it is the only member of the original crew to be working along side the new crew. I am still thinking the kids driving the Old Ecto 1 is a small taste of the old and new Guard comeradery we will be seeing from this movie. :):);)
It’s a bit far from Manhattan for it to be a back up, but as a cover location to keep an eye on
By Alphagaia
You know, if my theory checks out and it is Rays house they decide to enter on a dare, the ghost they are chasing using the stolen Ecto-1 might even be Slimer, as Richardless thinks.
By BatDan
I had this idea, but of course its just going off of what weve seen..since weve only seen the Ecto.

What if the OGs “haunt” the original ecto? And communicate/train via the radio?

I mean i hope not, id like to see those characters on the big screen again.
philmorgan81 liked this
By groschopf
Beautiful day for a drive:
Last edited by groschopf on August 24th, 2019, 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
What if the original ghostbusters were worried about the containment unit becoming too full, as eluded to in GB1? And what if they were exploring alternative means of disposing ghosts? Seems to me that opening a portal to an alternate dimension and sending the ghosts there (as seen in RGB) would do the trick. Maybe the OGBs built their own superconductive antenna in Oklahoma utilizing the same materials as Shandor did. Maybe Egon was sucked into that alternate dimension accidentally....
Only reason I'm not sure about any of the Ghostbusters living here or the kids daring each other to go into the house is that seems too much like Monster House, and it might weird for Gil Kenan to be going over the same territory again.

I had speculated on the last page that maybe Mckenna Grace just finds Egon's glasses somewhere. Maybe they find the whole Ecto, with his glasses inside...Egon paid a visit to this place and it didn't go as he planned...
By Dr.D
Backing up a bit to the "in range" sign. Has it occurred to anyone else that it doesn't have to mean a gun?

Let's speculate for a sec that this is indeed Stantz's house. No way is Ray gonna be capping people, no matter how crazy he may have gone. What if instead of a gun, Ray's developed some kinda goofy anti-personnel device that simply deters people rather than killing them. I could totally see Ray making some kinda sonic device, or something even more outlandish to keep people away.

Maybe he even has an old class 5 trained like a guard dog...
By groschopf
Dr.D wrote: August 24th, 2019, 9:09 am Backing up a bit to the "in range" sign. Has it occurred to anyone else that it doesn't have to mean a gun?
Could be. But that paper target of a human torso and head next to it certainly seems meant to imply a firearm. It think it's more likely to be the sort of empty threat I saw farms post as a kid than an allusion to some kind of tech.
SpaceBallz liked this
MajorGravy wrote: August 24th, 2019, 10:05 am Is anyone keeping track of the vague posts of props and set photos by the Summerville Ghosbusters? I'm pretty sure those are the authentic things from the film.

More suspiciously, they've only very recently sprung up across FB, Instagram and Twitter.

https://www.facebook.com/Summerville-Co ... /?ref=py_c

https://www.instagram.com/summervilleco ... 5w7027XhLQ
I believe someone had evidence a few pages back that the props they were posting didn't match the stuff that's been seen on set/Jason's Instagram.
SpaceBallz, Kingpin liked this
By timeware
Monster house was mentioned. What if that house is the new stay puft? It ate Egon, and that's why the Ecto has been there all this time! I hope his end would be more heroic then that, however I could easily see the house grow cgi spider legs and a high speed chase with Ecto in pursuit.
By SpaceBallz
MajorGravy wrote: August 24th, 2019, 10:05 am Is anyone keeping track of the vague posts of props and set photos by the Summerville Ghosbusters? I'm pretty sure those are the authentic things from the film.

More suspiciously, they've only very recently sprung up across FB, Instagram and Twitter.

https://www.facebook.com/Summerville-Co ... /?ref=py_c

https://www.instagram.com/summervilleco ... 5w7027XhLQ
I refuse to give attention-starved fake pages the attention they crave.
Kingpin liked this
BatDan wrote: August 24th, 2019, 8:31 am I had this idea, but of course its just going off of what weve seen..since weve only seen the Ecto.

What if the OGs “haunt” the original ecto? And communicate/train via the radio?

I mean i hope not, id like to see those characters on the big screen again.
Hey you could be on to something there, but what if the OGs are not dead and they are talking just through radio contact? You mentioning that really brought up a lot of Extreme Ghostbusters vibes. I mean most episodes Egon would fire out a lot of wisdom and info through the Ecto's Radio. ;).

Maybe that's it. The OGs participate through most of the film through radio contact. Then they show up in the flesh to aid in the finale. I am personally hoping for more screentime than that, but if they did something like that I wouldn't hate it. :):):)
*NormalGamer* liked this
groschopf wrote:Apparently they're using another town in Alberta as a location for shooting?
groschopf liked this
By Kingpin
groschopf wrote: August 24th, 2019, 8:49 am Is it me, or is the white and red striped marina radar facing the wrong way in the last shot?
It is, which makes it like the same element on the original Ecto-1 if memory serves.
I'm not convinced they are. I'll need to go over the newest reference photos that've been posted of the new filming cars, but I don't believe the rust patterns on either are a match for the "Summerville Ghostbusters" photos.
By groschopf
Alphagaia wrote: August 25th, 2019, 10:33 am That's from the trailer, right?
You mean the barn?
Sav C liked this
timeware wrote: August 24th, 2019, 10:11 pm Tim Burton wasn't spotted on the set with a tool box was he? That house looks like one of his designs.
What's interesting about that is the production designer working on this film comes from a Tim Burton background, Francis Anouy(spelling?). He's a great hire. He hasn't done much as a production designer but he was mentored by guys like Bo Welch(production designer of Ghostbusters 2). That house has a verrrry Bo Welch gothic look to it. I love it. The film's he's production designed for, some of them aren't good films(Dracula Untold, Abrham Lincoln Vampire Hunter) but they have amazing sets and production design. He also works with James Mangold a lot. So he did Logan and the upcoming Ferrari v Ford movie Mangold is doing.

Anyways, Francis was pretty well known as an illustrator and designer for lots of Burton flicks. I think he may have even art directed either Sweeny Todd or Charlie and the Chocolate factory.

I'm super happy about this guy. He's got a really dark, gothic & twisted design sensibility.

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]