By signeddiamond
For my wand tip I'm tossing in a ag1 bulb and want to hold it inwith a grub screw. I attempted this once the hole drilled and tapped fine. I installed the bulb and called it a night. Next morning I wake up to find hairline cracks spidering around the tube. Anyone got advice for a take 2. I have enough tube here for around 4 more attempts.
By csullivan1980
I wouldn’t drill any holes into an acrylic tube or anything acrylic. Chances are you will get the same result every time.
By bishopdonmiguel
Sounds like the screw is over torqued to hold the bulb. How did you install bulb? A plastic or metal ring that has a small dimple for the screw to set in without over tightening might help.
By bishopdonmiguel
Can you create a small dimple in that housing so you don’t need to overnighten?

Here’s how I approached this. I’m not using the tube itself to hold the set so I realize it’s not the same setup but mine hasn’t cracked.

Bishop’s AG-1 Bulb
By signeddiamond
I like the idea of not tapping the tube. I drilled a hole farther down the tube and stat no issues there. It only seems to be the tapped area. Perhaps I can drill and thread the aluminum tube and run it into that.

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]