For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By Ectojeff88
I wonder if the game will make an appearance at Gamescom? With an October 4th release it could be an opportunity to showcase the game properly. Maybe even give some preview or info as to what the team decided about post-launch multiplayer?

It would be pretty awesome if there was more custom color outfits or even additional character models for 2020 mixed in at a later date.
What if there were new multiplayer maps based on new movie scenes??
Long shot I know, but if online is being rebuilt anyway it would be perfect to get some new tie-ins to further the life of the game.
By One time
-Increased resolutions of the original .TEX files. (I don't know how though, unless they have access to assets that should be at Terminal Reality ex-employees personal PC's... The GBTVG discs only had low resolution .TEX files.. like the newspaper clippings in the GB firehouse or other textures. The resolutions were ultra low (like 400p).

The dev team mentioned finding the raw cutscene data on someone's home computer, so I'm hopeful there are uncompressed textures as well.

Where did you read that?
By *NormalGamer*
New trailer I found cool

https://youtu.be/zW13WAt3vds
Good ol Dan, A.K.A. Ray Stantz, still got it. ^_^
By DocLathropBrown
No, I don't think they do.

Hey, considering this was a semi successful licensed game from 10 years ago, the fact that we're getting a re-release is nuts. Movie games NEVER get a re-release. And since it isn't being done by Terminal Reality, there was never going to be a chance of major improvements. I'm sure the folks contracted to port the PC version to the current gen consoles have zero access to any of the original assets. The raw files for the cutscenes were found unexpectedly by one of the old developers but I'm sure that was it. I bet finding that is the only reason the idea of a fresh port was even considered.

Really, the game doesn't look any different. The only advantage we're getting is LESS compressed textures and a much better framerate--the PS3 version is pretty soft looking and the framerate can really chug sometimes. Maybe we'll get some anti-aliasing (but the screenshots don't seem to show it). If you already had the PC version.... there's literally nothing new about this release, I don't think. If you're a PS3 player like me, it's going to be a nice upgrade, but that's about it.

I think if I had the 360 version, I wouldn't bother. It's been patched to play on the XBONE with (to me) what looks like a better framerate, AND multiplayer still works. I think this release is only worth it for us PS3 'Busters... even if they don't end up giving us the rebuilt multiplayer later on. I'd be very happy to get MP back, but given that this is a small company doing it, they're having to re-do it, AND I don't think this is going to sell very much? I expect the MP promise to end up being broken.
By SockableClaw
Really, the game doesn't look any different. The only advantage we're getting is LESS compressed textures and a much better framerate--the PS3 version is pretty soft looking and the framerate can really chug sometimes. Maybe we'll get some anti-aliasing (but the screenshots don't seem to show it). If you already had the PC version.... there's literally nothing new about this release, I don't think. If you're a PS3 player like me, it's going to be a nice upgrade, but that's about it.

The thing about the original PC version is that it wasn't optimized very well for the PC. To this very day, even on powerful systems, it doesn't stay at 60 FPS at all times (I tested it on my powerful system and in some parts it went well below 60 FPS). So honestly, I'm just glad PC gamers everywhere can finally play a version that'll be a consistent 60 FPS for the entire game. I don't mind if nothing else has changed. Out of all the new releases for the rest of 2019, this remaster is the one I'm looking forward to the most lol. :-D
By Ghostytheghost
The video with people’s favorite parts of the original version of the game has been uploaded today!
Jason of GBNews.com is in the video, I need to add!
https://www.facebook.com/40984291293275 ... 44?sfns=mo
Spongeface wand tip light

I picked up spongefaces one wand tip LED and the w[…]

Bill Murray seen in Calgary with Dan... apparent[…]

Anovos Upgrade Thread

I upgraded most of the parts on mine. Ribbon cab[…]

Quebec City here! Hello everyone!