Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By SpaceBallz
I have to admit I really like the otherworldly feel of the house/barn, a touch of the fantastical in a ghost story is nice. Makes me wonder if they bring back any gozarian dimensional portals how the architecture will look!

And was there a rumor that Elfman was in talks for the score?
By groschopf
RichRyan1507 wrote: August 25th, 2019, 1:36 pm No, and I hope it stays that way. I can't imagine his themes in a GB movie.
It's not impossible. He scored Men in Black and Spider-man, so the studio has a relationship with him.

But I agree that his themes would seem a little to... cartoonish?... for Ghostbusters. Elmer Bernstein was good at simply composing music that treated the subject seriously while letting the humor in the film speak for itself. I feel like Danny Elfman would quickly go over the top. I enjoy Elfman scores, but they're not subtle.

On that note -- HA -- if you haven't heard this episode of the Soundtrack Show, I highly recommend it. The host makes a good case for exactly why Bernstein's score worked.

Ghostbusters: the Music (Part I)
RichRyan1507, Sav C, BatDan liked this
Ectojeff88 wrote: August 25th, 2019, 3:31 pm Looks like Ecto will be getting into a bit of a firestorm! See those new black smudges on the front end?
Or is it a trick of the lighting?
If it is, it’s a trick of the light on both cars, which seems unlikely. I concur they look like scorch marks.
groschopf liked this
By Kingpin
Ectojeff88 wrote: August 25th, 2019, 3:31 pm Looks like Ecto will be getting into a bit of a firestorm! See those new black smudges on the front end?
Or she's been belching smoke out of her engine compartment.

The Calgary Ghostbusters managed to get to the filming location and snagged some nice photos of Wrecto-1:

It looks like Wrecto-1 has been modified to remove the chrome headlight surround so it matches Wrecto-1A. A couple of small differences (in addition to the dome) that caught my eye are that Wrecto-1 appears to have more cosmetic rust on the back door, and the rear lightbar may've originally been clear, as it looks like a section of the blue has peeled off. Finally, Wrecto-1's engine compartment appears to be missing a pair of little rubber-covered nubs on each wing assembly, above the headlights, which suggest Wrecto-1 is the patina car, leaving the suggestion that Wrecto-1A doesn't just have Ecto-1A's bumper, but is probably all of what's left of Ecto-1A.
*NormalGamer*, Sav C, 2GunsRacing and 1 others liked this
By 910dohead
groschopf wrote: August 25th, 2019, 3:28 pm A little easier to tell them apart
This Post Contains Spoilers
It bums me out that one of those vehicles used to be the Ecto-1A. Well, at least its getting a second life.
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
My facial recognition isn't great, but I' m pretty sure I saw that woman in the blue jumpsuit interview on Global.
I'm loving it.
I'm getting properly exited for this now :)
Sav C, *NormalGamer* liked this
By Kingpin
Sav C wrote: August 25th, 2019, 6:39 pm
Assuming that
Which is my bet.
philmorgan81, Sav C liked this
Kingpin wrote: August 25th, 2019, 7:46 pm
Sav C wrote: August 25th, 2019, 6:39 pm
Assuming that
Which is my bet.
Last edited by philmorgan81 on August 25th, 2019, 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kingpin, Sav C liked this
RedSpecial wrote: August 25th, 2019, 8:16 pm I'm not sure if I'd buy into the kids being able to pull of such complex modifications.
Judging by the weathering alone it spears to have been made to look like it's been in situ as part of the seat for some time.

That could be very true. This has been said before, but a lot can happen in 31 years. God knows what kind of things the Ghostbusters cooked up in that time.
Anything is possible at this point, but after giving it another look I can totally see your point. :):):)
By groschopf
It looks like it was a modification made a long time ago, given the weathering.
Last edited by groschopf on August 25th, 2019, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sav C, Kingpin liked this
RedSpecial wrote: August 25th, 2019, 6:25 pm
Do you have the exact link? It goes like http://imgur.com/gallery/xxxxxx except the 7 digits are not the same as the image link you posted. (I guess that's how imugr rolls) I haven't been able to find it using their search.
groschopf wrote: August 25th, 2019, 8:36 pm It looks like it was a modification made a long time ago, given the weathering.

Makes me wonder how they carry the packs now....
groschopf, guitar1036 liked this
By groschopf
Just looking at the rack in the refurbished Ecto-1 and the aging Ecto-1A makes it look like there isn't enough room for both the old pack gurney and the new third seat behind the driver's side. Getting rid of some of the devices behind the driver's seat freed up space, but it still doesn't look as though the gurney could fit in there.

You can see in old pictures that the gurney used to stop past the furthermost rear seat.

Old reference photos:

New hotness:
Perhaps the replaced the old rolling pack gurney has been replaced with something more mechanical? Those new red and back switches might be for something more mechanical and hydraulic to extend a cart of packs out the back door.
Sav C liked this

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]