Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By groschopf
Eh. I'll wait to see to more before drawing any conclusions.

Really, the biggest point against their authenticity is cropping -- we're only seeing what someone wants us to see. That could be an artistic focus or a desire to keep things under wraps... but it could also be an effort to deceive the viewer by isolating focus and hiding the background.

Some wide shots would go a long way.
RedSpecial liked this
By groschopf
To my mind, if they're faking the photos, it's as weird to me as people that fake photos of UFOs and Bigfoot. I don't understand the need to gain attention through deceit... but it definitely happens.

If they're trying to monetize views, that would check out as a motivation.
RedSpecial, deadderek liked this
SpaceBallz wrote: August 25th, 2019, 12:55 pm I have to admit I really like the otherworldly feel of the house/barn, a touch of the fantastical in a ghost story is nice. Makes me wonder if they bring back any gozarian dimensional portals how the architecture will look!
Which antenna powers Mr. Bonestripper?
Dr.D liked this
By Kingpin
At the very least, they're two different props. The aging and the patterns of distressing appear too different for them to be one and the same.

It would be worth asking Candace Schneider if the holes on the mesh are hexagonal, because at points they almost look circular in the on-location photo.
RedSpecial liked this
By timeware
Who thinks someone is going to try to hook up a new rifle to the chair pack that Kills the rust Bucket? In regards to the packs it looks like the right amount of aging to match the car. I say it's going to be legit, and we'll get some shiny new equipment once the kid's go through the original gear. If Rudd is playing a teacher I'm guessing shop class.

It will be interesting to see if the film uses and show's the new gear being produced with 3D printers. Maybe they'll show the kids scanning the Ecto and consulting with the dog's over the internet for design ideas?
There has been alot of speculation about the fate of Ecto 1A...

Just looking at all the photos of the Wrecktos vs the original Ecto 1 and more relevant to this conversation, Ecto 1A....the gas filler caps on the Wrecktos are much higher, and there is no reason for the movie production to change them, and honestly it would be incredibly difficult, and cost prohibitive to do something like that...

all that to say, it tells me that the ecto 1A still lives, somewhere in a warehouse waiting for a restoration hopefully!
Sav C liked this
By Kingpin
TMZ's just posted a new gallery of photos: Link

Some more of Wrecto-1A (observe the rubber-covered nubs on the wing):

This Post Contains Spoilers
Looks like we're seeing double again.

Some more set dressing:

(This previously-seen location is in Drumheller)
ecto1addict wrote: August 26th, 2019, 6:02 pmthe gas filler caps on the Wrecktos are much higher, and there is no reason for the movie production to change them, and honestly it would be incredibly difficult, and cost prohibitive to do something like that...
Except both cars have had their stock engines replaced with more modern models.
Both Wrecto-1s exhibit the same non-standard location of the gas cap, and we know that the "patina" car, which features in this video, had her gas cap in the traditionally lower position, just like the caps on Ecto-1 and Ecto-1A.

The likely explanation is that in replacing the stock engines, the crew had to reposition the gas lines of both cars, leading to them having to raise up the gas caps on the driver-side rear-quater panel on both vehicles.
By Coover5
Kingpin wrote: August 26th, 2019, 6:12 pm
That's just how America looks. Our streets are paved in red, white and blue. I do notice a concerning lack of bald eagles. They may be added in post.
Sav C, SpaceBallz liked this
By groschopf
According to someone that was in Drumheller this weekend
if you read the TMZ interview it states
By Kingpin
groschopf wrote: August 26th, 2019, 6:57 pm How I wish
groschopf, 2GunsRacing, *NormalGamer* and 2 others liked this
By 910dohead
ecto1addict wrote: August 26th, 2019, 6:02 pm There has been alot of speculation about the fate of Ecto 1A...

Just looking at all the photos of the Wrecktos vs the original Ecto 1 and more relevant to this conversation, Ecto 1A....the gas filler caps on the Wrecktos are much higher, and there is no reason for the movie production to change them, and honestly it would be incredibly difficult, and cost prohibitive to do something like that...

all that to say, it tells me that the ecto 1A still lives, somewhere in a warehouse waiting for a restoration hopefully!
I wasn't speculating. If it isn't one of these new Ecto's, then a 4th car has been purchased. Meaning we might be seeing an Ecto show pony at some point (the 1A's new costume).
groschopf wrote: August 26th, 2019, 6:57 pm How I wish
Muwarrior21 wrote: August 26th, 2019, 8:01 pm Is there even a slight chance any of this movie will be filmed in NYC or not?????? I would love the boys to return to the firehouse but i think new york shooting is far too spendy anymore!

I actually think they used up the firehouse call back for ATC. It’s not impossible, but if they still have the Firehouse, why are the car and equipment over 1400 miles away from it? :):):)
My new hot take on the plot?
We'll see how right I end up being.
RedSpecial, BatDan liked this
By groschopf
Someone has posted over on Reddit
By Coover5
These spoilers don't reveal much but I'm glad I looked at them instead of avoiding them. I'm not sure I would like the movie they are making if I saw all these changes at once. But seeing them bit by bit has made this a movie I'm excited for.
groschopf wrote: August 26th, 2019, 9:38 pm Someone has posted over on Reddit

I am loving every tidbit. I think things are going to keep getting better and better. :):):)
philmorgan81 wrote: August 26th, 2019, 10:51 pm
groschopf wrote: August 26th, 2019, 9:38 pm Someone has posted over on Reddit

I am loving every tidbit. I think things are going to keep getting better and better. :):):)

I feel Ray is a mentor. In one of the photos from the chair extended if you look into the back of Ecto you can clearly see the outline of someone wearing ecto goggles and the outline is Aykroydian in my opinion although its probably a double.

I can't post the photo but maybe someone can.

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]