Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By tylergfoster
JonXCTrack wrote: September 11th, 2019, 7:58 am I'm wondering if maybe all of the Ghostbusters might be dead in this film. That the kids discover who the ghostbusters are throughout the film, and we see some flashback sequences, which is why Jason needs the old dailies.
I don't think they're dead but this was my theory (I've posted it here before), that most of the old cast will appear in digitally de-aged flashbacks that fill in the gap between II/The Video Game, and that's where dailies of Ramis would come in. I think they'll probably appear elsewhere, but that the new cast is definitely (and rightfully) the protagonists...with their own comedic dynamic.
By janeb984
Here's a thought.

Everyone talks about something happened to Egon. He got stuck in a demention, etc. But what if they all did? What if the dailies are gonna be used to show them getting trapped. Like a video the kids discover of the experiment that went wrong?

Maybe Janine did too. That would explain how their daughter doesn't know her connection. If she was raised by other family that refused to tell her...
By tylergfoster
Davideverona wrote: September 11th, 2019, 2:34 pm The dailies were alternate takes of well established scenes from the first movie, I don't see how they can use them to create something new. Least of all the Egon demise.

Peter: "I could use a tall blonde one right now!". Boom, Egon explodes?
I wasn't talking about them showing that, necessarily -- anything significant would probably have to be explained by another character instead -- but you could potentially excerpt his head/body from unused footage and structure the dialogue around his lines, for example, just to have him present in a few flashbacks or something.

Also, Jason's FF statement was that he was looking for all the footage from the original movie that exists, so it's not just gonna be well-established scenes, it's going to be anything from the original (and maybe the sequel!) that didn't get thrown out or destroyed.
By groschopf
I just read their digging around the vault as looking for audio samples of Harold saying lines we haven't heard. Find enough clips we've never seen, and you can splice together some convincing spectral dialogue from a deceased Egon.

Side note -- anyone catch this from Steelberg's Insta stories over the weekend? Doesn't tell us much, but perhaps some of you video gurus might spot something my untrained eye won't.

Davideverona wrote: September 11th, 2019, 2:34 pm The dailies were alternate takes of well established scenes from the first movie, I don't see how they can use them to create something new. Least of all the Egon demise.

Peter: "I could use a tall blonde one right now!". Boom, Egon explodes?
The line was "I could use a tall cold one right now" but yea...
droidguy1119 wrote: September 11th, 2019, 3:39 pm Also, Jason's FF statement was that he was looking for all the footage from the original movie that exists, so it's not just gonna be well-established scenes, it's going to be anything from the original (and maybe the sequel!) that didn't get thrown out or destroyed.
This. He's definitely not implying he's going to reuse scenes. Worst case scenario, he's digging through to splice together audio to be used to create new lines.
SpaceBallz wrote: September 11th, 2019, 10:07 am I'm pretty sure the kids know who the Ghostbusters are though, the little girl is wearing a stay puft shirt on set and even posted an Instagram photo with a stay puft toy.
Don't confuse McKenna Grace with her character.

McKenna knows the Ghostbusters and is a fan.

The pictures she posted were of the cast getting ice cream. There's nothing to suggest that they were in their wardrobe from the set. That's very likely her own personal shirt.
Corey91 liked this
Also, just a thought on the "filming in NYC" aspect...

Paul Rudd is booked for NYCC Thursday and Friday (Oct 3rd and 4th). I feel like there's at least an outside chance that:
A) He's available for the Con at that time because he is already in NYC for filming
or
B) He might reveal footage or a trailer or something

It's entirely possible that it's just a Con, and he's making bank ($200 for an autograph, holy hell!), but I feel like there's an outside chance that if they're filming in NYC, that's when they're doing it.
By Sav C
groschopf wrote: September 11th, 2019, 4:53 pm Side note -- anyone catch this from Steelberg's Insta stories over the weekend? Doesn't tell us much, but perhaps some of you video gurus might spot something my untrained eye won't.

That's a YC Waveform, which essentially tells you the brightness and contrast of a shot. That particular shot is pretty dark, and brightest in the center--you get the gist. Sometimes if a shot is contrasty enough you can kind of get an idea of what the image is. There's nothing that can be gleamed from that Waveform, however (although we can speculate that it's a shot of a ghost in the dark). It's funny, it looks like a proton beam on the waveform monitor, but in actuality it is too dark to be one in the composite image.

Here's a blast from the past kinda related to this topic: viewtopic.php?p=4861929#p4861929
RichRyan1507, Alphagaia, SpaceBallz and 3 others liked this
By tylergfoster
Doctor Venkman wrote: September 12th, 2019, 7:59 am Also, just a thought on the "filming in NYC" aspect...

Paul Rudd is booked for NYCC Thursday and Friday (Oct 3rd and 4th). I feel like there's at least an outside chance that:
A) He's available for the Con at that time because he is already in NYC for filming
or
B) He might reveal footage or a trailer or something

It's entirely possible that it's just a Con, and he's making bank ($200 for an autograph, holy hell!), but I feel like there's an outside chance that if they're filming in NYC, that's when they're doing it.
Not crazy, although usually it's the other way around navigating cons with filming.

Crazy that it's already gone up $50 since I met him in March.
By deadderek
Well there we go. Ernie confirmed, and now Dan confirmed. Let's hope Bill goes for it. :)

Sav C liked this
By lozbloke
Davideverona wrote: September 13th, 2019, 1:42 amhttps://youtu.be/4LIsLD3j0oQ

1:46 starts the fun.

Dan is the Tom Holland of the Ghostbusters franchise :D

Come on, guys. Bill himself said that he'd do it if asked.
Just watched it. He did smirk a bit when Bill Murray was mentioned and definitely seemed to be really trying to watch what he could say.
deadderek, robbritton liked this
By deadderek
Dan said he thought the pants unzipping part was on a directors cut of the film. :P

Talks about that he's done acid once, had a sexual encounter with a ghost, and yeah you could tell he's holding back on the Ghostbusters stuff.
By deadderek
Yeah he was SO close to giving away the title.

It's so hilarious how for 30 years this man was/is the biggest GB cheerleader on the planet and would talk at length but now he has to keep a lid on it. That's gotta be frustrating. Gotta love him.
Sav C, Kingpin liked this
By Davideverona
Well, he gave away half of one of the biggest secrets: they were making it! Everyone though he was the usual crazy uncle Dan babbling about GB3.

I wonder if this will be mirrored in the new movie: Ray has warned everyone for years that something big was coming and no one believed him.
deadderek, Corey91, Sav C liked this

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]