By pchrisbosh1
Its been awhile since I've done a build and decided to do a quick and easy Ecto Goggles build for Halloween. This is will be a 3D printed build using NotSabbat's files off of Thingiverse which are some pretty great files. I'm also using I believe WShawn's lenses. Here what I got so far which isn't much.....

Here are the snaps which I believe were used on the original military frames
They are pretty much antique now but you might be lucky to find a bag on Ebay there are some other alternatives but these are pretty spot on

That's it for now but I should have some updates soon. :cool:
NotSabbat liked this
By Rob1
I just purchased a box of these snaps the other day in hopes that they were the propper ones. Seems this may be so. I have the actual foam that uses these snaps. I do however find that the holes in the frame skirt don’t seem to line up with the snaps on the foam. Will see once the snaps come in.
By Cole Funstuff
Excited to follow this one! I just got a AN/PVS-5 frame but I’d like to print a set using these files, they look so good.
By NotSabbat
I am super stoked that the community is enjoying the goggle files! Glad Im giving back. I should have a real PVS-5 frame soon thanks to evallded. Ill check the measurements to the 3d printed files to see how close I got. Cole, feel free to do the same when you get yours. Always good to get a chance to make things more accurate.
Rob1, Cole Funstuff liked this
By NotSabbat
Not to hijack your thread, but I recently got a real PVs-5 frame and did some side by side shots next to an in process 3d printed frame. There are some obvious differences, like the curve along the bottom and I took too much off of the bottom lip, but all in all its VERY close.

The difference in width:

Ill make some updates when I get a chance. I also know Cole is working on a scan. So good stuff coming.
By pchrisbosh1
Thanks guys for the comments. You were pretty close without the actual frames. Now that you might be doing some modifications I might just hold up and build the new updated frames you put out which is pretty exciting. Keep us posted.
By NotSabbat
I hope you continue with it. maybe make it so the frame can be swapped out? Im enjoying your build and I hate to see you put the breaks on it. Besides it will be well after October before Im able to sit down and do serious modifications to the file.

I dont think we'll be getting new uniforms nor pat[…]

Propstore GB auction won.

Proton Charging basically figured out that it's[…]

If you'll scroll down on the product page it does […]

Erik Burnham will be doing an interview on Sunday […]