Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By robbritton
Not so easy to dismiss the possibility of easter eggs to the game/idw/whatever popping up when he's literally including easter eggs to the role playing game! Such a lovely touch!
Kingpin liked this
By Coover5
philmorgan81 wrote:I am not certain we will get this good a look at the book
I bet they will just to sell it as a real world book and/or a journal book. Not to say it's about merchandising but they'd sell a bunch no doubt.
BRD 527, Kingpin liked this
By BRD 527
Coover5 wrote: September 23rd, 2019, 4:23 pm
philmorgan81 wrote:I am not certain we will get this good a look at the book
I bet they will just to sell it as a real world book and/or a journal book. Not to say it's about merchandising but they'd sell a bunch no doubt.
I'll take two!
By timeware
To those who can do 3d modeling for printers , I would love to see the cover become available for printing once we get a clearer shot of it. My dreams of having Tobins spirit guide sitting next to my Army of Darkness Necrenomicon are about to come true. Nine months can't go by fast enough!
By Alphagaia
timeware wrote: September 23rd, 2019, 9:23 pm Fifty guests are viewing our responses to this Instagram post. Holy shit. But I agree with you man a lithophane with LED effects would be insane.
And somewhere, a Marketing dude is giving himself high fives: I FINALLY DID IT RIGHT.
By RichardLess
Davideverona wrote: September 23rd, 2019, 9:24 amhttps://www.google.com/amp/s/stv.tv/amp ... e-of-golf/

Murray will be in Scotland next Thursday.

So, we have three options:

1- he was only celebrating his birthday with some old friends.

2- he was on set for a costume fitting and will shoot his scenes later

3- he already shot his scenes.
Option 4: The movie is doing some shooting in Scotland.

I mean, probably not. But Dan's original GB2 ideas involved Scotland.
By moviemaker29
One facet of the original films that I am interested to see mentioned is what has Oscar been up to? For so many years, it was always an assumption that Oscar would be the main protagonist of a third film and so far we have no indication the character is even in GB2020.

But with Dana's involvement, I think there will still be a reference and look forward to seeing if they will set him up for helping carry on the torch.

I also have a feeling that the end of the film (not necessarily the climax - that'll likely be some sort of underground temple -seems like the whole story will be in Oklahoma) will return the setting to NY and the firehouse.
By RichardLess
Kingpin wrote: September 23rd, 2019, 3:20 pm Oh man, after 35 years we're getting to see the film version of Tobin's Spirit Guide. :) The cover isn't disappointing so far.
Did anyone else imagine it just like this? it's perfect! I always imagined it as this old dusty book not unlike the Necronomicon from Evil Dead.

Is that Eye/Temple design at the bottom of the book the same as the Summerville logo we've been seeing?

If Sony doesn't have someone working on an actual Tobin Spirit Guide to sell to us fans that looks *just* like this and filled with all sorts of info on demons and Gods and everything in between..just imagine it. Every major ghost threat from Ghostbusters, Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters, the video game and this new movie could be put in there. Plus all the very real legends and myths from all over the world??

Come on Sony. I know you guys don't like money(how is Extreme Ghostbusters still not on DVD? Or iTunes, or YouTube or the PlayStation Store! I want so badly to give you my money but you just won't let me) but please. Make this real. Make only a few thousand copies so that it becomes this really rare Spirit Book. Please!
By deadderek
Please no Oscar. At best a quick throwaway line.

Not everything needs to shoehorned in.
By RichardLess
moviemaker29 wrote: September 24th, 2019, 8:53 am One facet of the original films that I am interested to see mentioned is what has Oscar been up to? For so many years, it was always an assumption that Oscar would be the main protagonist of a third film and so far we have no indication the character is even in GB2020.

But with Dana's involvement, I think there will still be a reference and look forward to seeing if they will set him up for helping carry on the torch.

I also have a feeling that the end of the film (not necessarily the climax - that'll likely be some sort of underground temple -seems like the whole story will be in Oklahoma) will return the setting to NY and the firehouse.
I've always imagined the ending of this film as a modern recreation of our first look at the GB's racing off to their first call in GB1

Phone rings. "WE GOT ONE* Alarm bell rings. New GB's spring into action. Down the pole, racing to put their suits on.
The doors open, we see the polished clean Ecto 1 we all know and love. Sirens blaring. Engine roaring. The Ecto 1 drives off into the night, around the corner and off into adventures unseen. Cue credits.

That to me would be a perfect ending.
deadderek, Corey91 liked this
By RichardLess
deadderek wrote: September 24th, 2019, 9:01 am Please no Oscar. At best a quick throwaway line.

Not everything needs to shoehorned in.
Agreed.

Cameos can be a bit annoying. That's why with this film, I'd rather have no Bill Murray than a half assed Bill Murray. That goes for every cast member.

I don't want original cast cameos. I'd like the original cast supporting the film. Cameos can take you out of the movie.

With GB16 it was very odd how they handled the cameos. They felt forced. But again, that's the nature of cameos.
RichRyan1507 liked this
By robbritton
Corey91 wrote: September 24th, 2019, 11:25 am Hey, i've had to listen to the world bash on Ghostbusters II (my favorite movie) my whole life. These ATC fans better learn to get some tough skin or they're in for some rough roads ahead!
The very notion that ATC fans aren't also GB2 fans! I mean honestly! We're all in the same big old leaky boat, folks, it's just that some of us prefer some cabins to others!

ANYWAY, following that tortured metaphor, my feel is that a sweet way to include Oscar would be a little mention of him having a martial arts career off somewhere as a nod to the Deutschendorf twins. I have to agree though that I don't need to see him shoehorned in as a major character.
Alphagaia liked this
By Coover5
There's been a lot of talk about trying to honor Ramis in this film and I understand why the focus is on him so much but I would also like to see Henry (Hank) Deutschendorf honored somehow. It's not possible to include everyone that has passed but those two are priority to me.
By RichRyan1507
Coover5 wrote: September 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm There's been a lot of talk about trying to honor Ramis in this film and I understand why the focus is on him so much but I would also like to see Henry (Hank) Deutschendorf honored somehow. It's not possible to include everyone that has passed but those two are priority to me.
As much as I can appreciate the sentiment of honoring Hank, I think that's a bit of a reach. He was a baby actor in a movie 30 years ago. I just don't see why they'd do that unless it was a casual "In Memory of" during the credits.
groschopf liked this
By Coover5
That's the kind of thing I mean. I don't mean something in your face. Perhaps his photo on a fridge. No zoom in or anything. Just there. Almost like how the twins last name was used for Vigo's. It's so subtle it's almost not there.
RichRyan1507 liked this
By Bison256
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

RichardLess wrote: September 24th, 2019, 8:57 am If Sony doesn't have someone working on an actual Tobin Spirit Guide to sell to us fans that looks *just* like this and filled with all sorts of info on demons and Gods and everything in between..just imagine it. Every major ghost threat from Ghostbusters, Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters, the video game and this new movie could be put in there. Plus all the very real legends and myths from all over the world??
The IDW writers wrote a version of Tobin's Spirit Guild a little while ago, I hope they do a second edition with ghosts from this new movie and use the cover from the new prop. https://www.amazon.com/Tobins-Spirit-Gu ... 1608877086

https://ghostbusters.fandom.com/wiki/To ... _Editions)

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]