Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
timeware wrote: October 15th, 2019, 9:08 pm Just throwing this out there. Does anyone think this could be a flash back movie? An origin story for wolf before he starts his own team?
No I don't think so. It has been made very clear that the movie will be set in the PRESENT Day. If this IS a flashback movie the film will end X amount of time in the future. ;)

I think we are passed speculating about the time period of this movie. ;):):):)
Corey91, Kingpin, deadderek liked this
By RichardLess
Michael Scott wrote: October 15th, 2019, 7:09 am I wish obsessive Finn Wolfhard fans would stop tagging every picture ever taken of him, GB related or not, with #gb20. It’s getting in the way of me obsessively looking for new information about the movie.
There's such a thing as obsessive Finn Wolfhard fans?

People really are strange. Obsessing over someone, a stranger that you don't know , have never met, and have only ever seen play dress up/read lines on TV. It just doesn't compute for me.

Now excuse me while I go track Bill Murray's day to day movements over the last 5 months in order to deduce if he will appear in a sequel I've been obsessing over for 25 years.
By Kingpin
People really need to get a life rather than obsesse over actors.

You should do something normal like me: study and dissect each photo of Wrecto-1 for unique rust patterns and peeling paint on the lightbars in order to work out which car's which.
RichRyan1507, Dr.D, deadderek and 7 others liked this
By groschopf
Kingpin wrote: October 16th, 2019, 11:24 am You should do something normal like me: study and dissect each photo of Wrecto-1 for unique rust patterns and peeling paint on the lightbars in order to work out which car's which.
Let me know when you work out which one was in the teaser trailer.
By Kingpin
groschopf wrote: October 16th, 2019, 11:45 am Let me know when you work out which one was in the teaser trailer.
Easy. Instead of it being either of the Wrectomobiles, it was the original Ecto-1 with a bit of makeup. :)

So, do we take the title to be final on that artwork, or as TBA as the flavour of the blue tasting twinkies?

Where'd you find that photo, derek?
groschopf liked this
By deadderek
Kingpin wrote: October 16th, 2019, 11:52 am Looks like whoever threw it together utilised a lot of the artwork they'd utilised for the twinkies released for Answer The Call:

True but being what looks like VERY preliminary/temp artwork it would make sense for a quick mockup.

Also GB merchandise re-uses a lot of images, especially the slime. (The slime most recently being used on the 7-11 cups)

So while it might be a fake, there's a small chance it could be legit.

*shrugs*
groschopf, SpaceBallz liked this
By groschopf
Kingpin wrote: October 16th, 2019, 11:47 am blue tasting twinkies?
Waitasecond -- didn't that spoiler from the German group talk about
This Post Contains Spoilers
Last edited by groschopf on October 16th, 2019, 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.D, deadderek, robbritton and 1 others liked this
By Kingpin
deadderek wrote: October 16th, 2019, 11:57 am So while it might be a fake, there's a small chance it could be legit.
I wasn't suggesting it was fake, it probably cropped up at the recent Brand Licencing Expo in London.

And by the way, happy 200 pages! At least we got a morsal to nibble on before we get a chance to sample those blue Twinkies for real. :)
groschopf, robbritton, deadderek and 2 others liked this
By Alphagaia
groschopf wrote: October 16th, 2019, 11:57 am
Kingpin wrote: October 16th, 2019, 11:47 am blue tasting twinkies?
Waitasecond -- didn't that spoiler from the German group talk about
This Post Contains Spoilers
Was thinking this myself. The heavy usage of blue slime on the artwork indicates we probably getting some blue ghosts!

Blues Brothers confirmed.
groschopf, deadderek, Glenn Frederick and 1 others liked this
By deadderek
groschopf wrote: October 16th, 2019, 12:53 pm Blue Man Group confirmed.

Oh Tobias that blowhard!

While Twinkies are nice I'm just waiting for the Ecto Cooler announcement. Though that wouldn't likely come until early summer.

Speaking of Ecto Cooler, hopefully this time they wouldn't drop the ball on distribution as badly this time.
how many of you feel confident this will be called ghostbusters 3,

really hoping for continuity here and a simple 3 fingers up no ghost logo!!!!!!!!

ghostbusters 2020 is a poor title and smells of the foul stench that blues brothers 2000 put off!!!!!!
Was Blue Slime ever used in any Ghostbusters Media besides the Kenner Real Ghostbusters toy line?
I'm starting to wonder if Jason is Choosing blue to make that colour of Slime canon with the franchise because Kenner slime had that colour.
By deadderek
While green slime is the usual go to on merchandise, there's a few times blue was used instead. The blue slime cover for one of the DVD releases for example.

Maybe they want to differentiate this batch of Twinkies from the 2016 ones and decided blue would look good.

Maybe it has to do with a specific ghost. Maybe not.

We'll see...
Glenn Frederick liked this
By robbritton
Glenn Frederick wrote: October 16th, 2019, 1:41 pm Was Blue Slime ever used in any Ghostbusters Media besides the Kenner Real Ghostbusters toy line?
I'm starting to wonder if Jason is Choosing blue to make that colour of Slime canon with the franchise because Kenner slime had that colour.
The Shandor congregation on Shandor Island in the video game blasted blue slime about the place!
Glenn Frederick liked this
By danimal
serious doubt a no-ghost with 3 fingers will be anywhere in sight... the only reason a 2 fingers ghost was used in GBII was because it was written into the story that their asses were sued off from the first one so they couldn't get the old logos back and had to incorporate a whole new logo and name. It was touched on a little in the movie but really explained in a cut seen.
Last edited by danimal on October 17th, 2019, 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
groschopf, Kingpin liked this
By robbritton
danimal wrote: October 16th, 2019, 3:14 pm serious doubt a no-ghost with 3 fingers will be anywhere in sight... the only reason a 2 fingers ghost was used in GBII was because it was written into the story that there asses were sued off from the first one so they couldn't get the old logos back and had to incorporate a whole new logo and name. It was touched on a little in the movie but really explained in a cut seen.
Also with the V sign being a big thing within your young pop stars around 1989. The GB2 logo is that cool dog guy out of itchy and scratchy writ large. Sadly, with that moment having passed, all the young ‘uns think it only ever meant “two” and they get confused about it.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]